NEurope
Cube

New Xbox 360 Dashboard

Just downloaded the new Halo 3 theme for the new Dashboard and it looks absolutely stunning!

If anyone is thinking of picking it up do so now!

I downloaded the Sonic theme... what a waste of 250 that was, it hurts my eyes :eek:

Hope they iron out the kinks in this. It must have froze on me 3 times navigating various things.

Just downloaded the new Halo 3 theme for the new Dashboard and it looks absolutely stunning!

If anyone is thinking of picking it up do so now!

Is it free?

Mine did too after exiting a friend's thing in the friend area

Yeah that's exactly the same as what mine did. Maybe it would have come back to life if I'd left it but it was late and I was tired so just turned it off.

Glad that some people have had the same problem cos it means it's probably just a bug in the dash rather than my console about to die :)

I dunno, 250 is a bit steep for a theme

Yeah especially considering all they really are is a background and it changes your friends list. I got the Fable one just to see what they look like and it was ok but not worth 250 points. Probably wont bother again unless theres a really great one.

I had the friend list thing too was a bit paranoid that my console was gonna die on me, which would be bad since the store I bought from just closed...

Also avatar

Am I the only one who plays through a monitor and has totally lost all sound through the HDMI connecton after this update?

I was gonna download this last night to see what it was all like, but it was 1am and I just wanted to play Oblivion so couldn't be bothered waiting for the download so I just cancelled it. I'll download it once I get home later and make my avatar.

Anyone got Bomberman Live ?

There is an update with the Avatars but everytime I star the game it says there is a new update, I download it but then it keeps taking me back to the same menu and I cant play the game no more.

I have deleted it off my system re-downloaded it and its still saying the same thing :wtf:

Anyone got a workaround ?

Thanks

I've got Bomberman live aswell. It'll see what happens to me later when I get home if no one else replies.

Can anyone tell how some ppl have got their avatar in their MGC 'NXE' sig where as other ppl (like me) haven't? How do u get it to be in there?

It's a bit iffy, look at mine, just a pink rectangle, sometimes it's a grey questionmark, they haven't made their minds up yet. I think it will just take a while for the cards to work properly with the new avatars. You're not the only one where it's not working, and yet you're not doing anything different. I'm assuming you took your picture after you made your avatar and made it your gamerpic? Might not work if you didn't.

It's a bit iffy, look at mine, just a pink rectangle, sometimes it's a grey questionmark, they haven't made their minds up yet. I think it will just take a while for the cards to work properly with the new avatars. You're not the only one where it's not working, and yet you're not doing anything different. I'm assuming you took your picture after you made your avatar and made it your gamerpic? Might not work if you didn't.

Oh yer, nice gamepic. Lol

Yer i make a pic of my avatar after i made him, it shows it on xbox.com as a gamer pic and on live.

Database must be fucked at the mo then. Thanks for ur reply anyway! Least i know its not something i have done wrong.

EDIT: oooo it's there now! Must of sorted itself out. U still got a pink gamerpic though shorty...

FINALLY get my 360 back on monday according to UPS site

4th 360 lucky huh :/ can make my avatar then yeys and carry on exploring on fallout 3

AND GET GEARS2!!!!

Anyone got Bomberman Live ?

There is an update with the Avatars but everytime I star the game it says there is a new update, I download it but then it keeps taking me back to the same menu and I cant play the game no more.

I have deleted it off my system re-downloaded it and its still saying the same thing :wtf:

Anyone got a workaround ?

Thanks

I tried it. Didn't work either.

I tried it. Didn't work either.

Yeah,

Read on the offical xbox forums that its happening to everyone :(

Hope they get it fixed soon

You can see what the themes look like a page back. :)

Mine is working now. :D

Stegr.png

Mine is all working now, and so is the majority of the Marketplace now. May have a few teething problems with it, but they will soon go in time i think.

First wave of new Avatar clothing will be free

You can calm your "will new Avatar clothes cost me Microsoft points?" worries, because Microsoft is committed to offering the upcoming Avatar fashion choices for free ... for now.

Talking to German website dreisechzig.net, Boris Schneider-Johne (Microsoft's Xbox product manager in Germany) confirmed that the first few weeks of new Avatar clothes will be available for free, but doesn't go as far to say that all Avatar clothing in the future will be available for no charge. "More costumes will be made available for free in the next weeks" says Schneider-Johne, adding "what's going to happen as of spring is yet to be announced." So, feel free t put those Microsoft points back in your pocket ... for now.

Xbox360Fanboy

First wave of new Avatar clothing will be free

You can calm your "will new Avatar clothes cost me Microsoft points?" worries, because Microsoft is committed to offering the upcoming Avatar fashion choices for free ... for now.

Talking to German website dreisechzig.net, Boris Schneider-Johne (Microsoft's Xbox product manager in Germany) confirmed that the first few weeks of new Avatar clothes will be available for free, but doesn't go as far to say that all Avatar clothing in the future will be available for no charge. "More costumes will be made available for free in the next weeks" says Schneider-Johne, adding "what's going to happen as of spring is yet to be announced." So, feel free t put those Microsoft points back in your pocket ... for now.

Xbox360Fanboy

If they were smart they would offer some free and then charge a small amount for stuff such as football shirts or something like that. I'm sure people wouldn't mind spending a bit on that kind of crap.

They shud giv out clothing with games, or make it unlockable for getting so many achievments, wud be a lil reward for us as we get nowt else for achievys.