NEurope
Cube

New Xbox 360 Dashboard

So is it the revolution it was made out to be?

Not really. Just a few new handy features. Installing games on you hard drive does make a noticeable difference and being able to delete game with zero gamer score from you profile does make it much less cluttered.

It does look better than the old dashboard, but by no means a revolution.

The avatars are pretty shit. They sort of look good, really solid, nice style, clothes customisation is awesome (Nintendo please do this!!!) but the character creation is AWFUL! I can't believe they ripped off the Miis and didn't improve on them, or even equal what they're capable of! If you'e avergae build, normal hair, average face shape then yes, you will have an amazing Avatar of you! But the scope is so limiting it's unreal!

The Miis pee all over avatars!!

TBH, the most important thing Microsoft need to do now is remove the "Invite All" option. Or alter it so it only invites people who have played the damn game.

For some reason the fan on my 360 won't switch off when I switch the console off...

Piece of crap.

Are you downloading or have u got a controller charging?

If ya turn it off n on fast it normally goes off.

Are you downloading or have u got a controller charging?

If ya turn it off n on fast it normally goes off.

Neither but it's gone off now I switched it on and off. Weird.

Marketplace is currently a half alive, half dead thing atm. If you manage to get inside, it does look good. But sometimes it will cut you off. I managed to get on and download the Fable II theme.

Also at the moment, i have on the HDD installed: GTA IV, Fable II and Nuts and Bolts. All load faster than before, and no more disk whirring. I'm not clogging up the whole of the 120gb HDD with all my titles just yet, these 3 will do fine.

So far first thoughts are it is a very good upgrade of which i mean it is better than the slides and is more animated than before. Good work is what i say.

The new BSG theme is horrible. A dark blue background with only a huge BSG logo which is halfway hidden behind the 360 globe or whatever it is. In the friend list there are only white boring spaceships and weird robot which do not look like Galactica or any other Colonial ship or Cylons. I think I'll buy the Last Remnant theme instead.

what the themes looks like:

m9r7yr.jpg

11m84cj.jpg

30mbric.jpg

r2rj8k.jpg

2ywcsb6.jpg

img1227121172705.jpg

vptippremiumtheme4b549.jpg

CCTheme.JPG

CCTheme%20(3).JPG

3043560770_78c4593c87_b.jpg

HaloWars_PR.JPG

DashPPR.jpg

Photo0022.jpg

Photo0020.jpg

d162141e.jpg

w22dz5.jpg

# Guitar Hero World Tour NXE Premium Theme: 250 MS Points and available everywhere.

# Call of Duty World at War NXE Premium Theme: 250 MS Points and available everywhere.

# Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Randy Couture Theme: 50 MS Points and available everywhere.

# Rock Band 2 Premium Theme: 250 MS Points and available everywhere.

# Need for Speed Undercover - Maggie Q Theme: 250 MS Points and available everywhere.

# Skate 2 New San Van Theme: 250 MS Points and available everywhere.

# NINJA BLADE Premium Theme: 250 MS Points and available everywhere.

# Halo 3 Theme Nov 2008: 250 MS Points and available everywhere.

# Forza 2 NXE Theme 1: 250 MS Points and available everywhere.

# Fable II General Theme: 250 MS Points and available everywhere.

# Halo Wars You’re in Command Theme: 250 MS Points and available everywhere.

# Gears of War 2 Sera Theme: 250 MS Points and available everywhere.

# Gears of War 2 Destroyed Beauty Theme: 250 MS Points and available everywhere.

# Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise Theme: 250 MS Points and available everywhere.

# Tomb Raider: Underworld - Theme 2.0: 250 MS Points and available everywhere.

# Sonic Unleashed Theme: 250 MS Points and available everywhere.

# Last Remnant Theme: 250 MS Points and available everywhere.

# Shaun White Snowboarding Freedom Theme: 250 MS Points and available everywhere.

# Castle Crashers Theme Pack for TP Version 2: 250 MS Points and available everywhere.

hmm they dont really look too good. I was into that theme i saw in the previews a while back, with the back alley and the police car, is that any of those listed?

hmm they dont really look too good. I was into that theme i saw in the previews a while back, with the back alley and the police car, is that any of those listed?

That is the free theme that comes with the new dashboard.

It called Night in the theme list.

ahh coool, that suits my rory breaker/samuel jackson avatar much better :D

Are any of your Gamercards getting updated from MyGamerCard.net. Since the dash update, i havn't seen a game get updated on my card.

Anyone surprised how well today went? Personaly i expected live to die.. even if it was for a little while

I was expecting my internet to give way and for live to die. Both didn't happen. Really surprised it went smoothly.

pretty sleek.. installed Fallout and boy I enjoyed playing without the noise of the hairdryer..

And love how fast it is to chat with people during a game when they contact you on messenger..

Can anyone tell how some ppl have got their avatar in their MGC 'NXE' sig where as other ppl (like me) haven't? How do u get it to be in there?

Lol my Xbox has already crashed on the new dash! Hopefully that isn't the beginning of the end for it.

I think it looks nice and I do think it's much easier to find everything.

And no more 0 point games on my history!! No more Sonic the Hedgehog on there! I can finally forget I ever bought that game and move on!

Lol my Xbox has already crashed on the new dash! Hopefully that isn't the beginning of the end for it.

I think it looks nice and I do think it's much easier to find everything.

And no more 0 point games on my history!! No more Sonic the Hedgehog on there! I can finally forget I ever bought that game and move on!

Mine did too after exiting a friend's thing in the friend area

That is the free theme that comes with the new dashboard.

It called Night in the theme list.

Where is that theme located? These menus are confusing.

EDIT: Hold up, found it.. oh it's not actually that great.

Mine did too after exiting a friend's thing in the friend area

Mine never crashed but it froze for like 5 seconds then it was fine again when i did the same thing.