NEurope
ssj

Banjo Kazooie (XBLA)

That trailer brings back so many great memories.

Agreed. Am looking forward to it. Cant be arsed to hook my N64 up (will hook all my consoles up next year when I move out and potentially have more room) so having it again will be good, especially with sharper graphics

Truly one of the best games of all time.

It really is :smile: I love the game to bits :yay:

I have started Banjo Tooie in the last few weeks and I am finding it very difficult to get into :hmm: I am only about 2 hours in but currently it has got nothing on Banjo Kazooie which is a shame.. but hopefully it will get better :heh:

It really is :smile: I love the game to bits :yay:

I have started Banjo Tooie in the last few weeks and I am finding it very difficult to get into :hmm: I am only about 2 hours in but currently it has got nothing on Banjo Kazooie which is a shame.. but hopefully it will get better :heh:

BT is quite tedious with all the backtracking, Mumbo swapping, telepad warping nonsense. Quite a few of the levels are a bit garbage (I'm thinking Mayahem Temple, Glitter Gulch Mine and Terrydactyland).

It seems more of a hardcore game than a fun game, and Grunty Industries proves that. What a chore getting all the jiggies on that level was; even getting into the place took time.

BK is magical fun and will always be great no matter how much it ages.

Hey, Terrydactyland was awesome!

Witchyworld and Clock Cuccoo Land were awesome, too. And the Fire/Ice level.

But I hated the first two levels so much, and like you say GI was horrible.

I will ALWAYS just think of a giant "wang" when I think of that level.

41seconds in....

And with the promise of Tooie coming to Live Arcade as well, tis a good time for Banjo fans.

Witchyworld and Clock Cuccoo Land were awesome, too. And the Fire/Ice level.

But I hated the first two levels so much, and like you say GI was horrible.

I found that the barren atmosphere of Terry was really too plain...it was basically the same repeated reddy-orange stone background for the whole place, and the level itself consisted of a good few 'come back here 10 hours later for the jiggy' jiggys as well as ramps leading to and from nowhere willy nilly and the level itself linked to other levels. Blah. Horse shit I thought. :p

And with the promise of Tooie coming to Live Arcade as well, tis a good time for Banjo fans.

I'll be looking forward 2 that also. Never did play Tooie so i can still get the chance to play it!

How the hell did they give one of the best things about the game a 5/10???

How the hell did they give one of the best things about the game a 5/10???

Because it's not orchestrated and doesnt give you a John Williams pseudocutout that conducts for you when you make a purchase

Plus, no voice acting = big no-no these days

They totally bash the Banjo mumbles in the video review :(

I love them >_>

*confused* SSJ posted that IGN gave it a 8/10? then Cube... your saying that they gave it a criminal rating of 5? whats going on here. :/

**edit** oh you're talking about the sound... yes 5 is harsh as it was a prime example of what could be done at the time, I really loved the BGM from the original BK ^^ and besides... the music in N&B is just the same / similar but orchestrated so it's not really a fair comment, plus don't they redo all XBLA titles with 5.1 sound? it will be nice to hear it in surround or at least the best approximation they can make out of it. :)

Were they expecting Rare to commission the London Philharmonic Orchestra to re-record the music or something?

Because it's not orchestrated and doesnt give you a John Williams pseudocutout that conducts for you when you make a purchase

Plus, no voice acting = big no-no these days

Gah, damn Americans with their stupid lack of imagination. What's wrong with people forming their own opinion of how a character might sound? For instance, I loved it in FF games when they didn't have voices. In KH the voices they prescribed to characters were mostly annoying and ruined it a bit for me.

I agree...part of the fun of games is immersion...its hard to be immersed into the game when the main character is talking

The bad thing is that these companies think they must include things like voice acting these days or they musn't be making a new game, or one that ticks all the right boxes. I can't imagine S-E making new main series FF games without voice acting again.

Were they expecting Rare to commission the London Philharmonic Orchestra to re-record the music or something?

To be fair it's a review of how the game is today, from this release. They can't just score it on how good it was 10 years ago.

To be fair it's a review of how the game is today, from this release. They can't just score it on how good it was 10 years ago.

No, but they're rating it as if its a brand new XBLA game, they should at least consider the fact its a retro game

They should really create a separate scoring system for rating retro arcade games, as obviously compared to today's standards they will all receive low scores for things such as graphics and sound.