NEurope
ssj

Banjo Kazooie (XBLA)

The legendary Nintendo 64 title is making a comeback on xbox live arcade. Discuss the game here

I would image Rare own everything so they can do what they want with Banjo....it's like how they took Banjo and Conker out of Diddy Kong Racing DS - because they own them and didn't want them on a Nintendo console as they had appeared on MS consoles.

I'd love to see the original title retooled as some graphical updates would sweeten the deal even more.

There are vast amounts of cash to be made with N64 retro games. Just look at the VC. It's just a shame that such a glaring omission will be (sadly) missing from the Wii's VC.

I'd love to play this again with slightly improved graphics. Also that I find the N64 pad very awkward these says.

I think IGN said that Stop 'N' Swop will be included in some form.

I hope more of Rare's game make it to the XBLA.

IIRC, Nintendo have a stake in the games themselves.

I'm willing to bet that it'll turn up on the VC too

But I'll prolly get it on the 360 for gamer points :p

Banjo-Kazooie Hops on Live Arcade

At its E3 press conference, Microsoft announced that Rare's original Banjo platformer will be released this year for the Xbox Live Arcade. The game will feature slightly upgraded visuals and the long awaited "stop and swap" functionality originally promised at its release more than 10 years ago.

Many will remember that the first Banjo-Kazooie game promised to interact with Banjo-Tooie. That didn't pan out, but that feature will finally be realized on Xbox 360. By finding specific items in Banjo-Kazooie on Xbox Live Arcade, you will be able to unlock things in Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.

Banjo-Kazooie Hops on Live Arcade

At its E3 press conference, Microsoft announced that Rare's original Banjo platformer will be released this year for the Xbox Live Arcade. The game will feature slightly upgraded visuals and the long awaited "stop and swap" functionality originally promised at its release more than 10 years ago.

Many will remember that the first Banjo-Kazooie game promised to interact with Banjo-Tooie. That didn't pan out, but that feature will finally be realized on Xbox 360. By finding specific items in Banjo-Kazooie on Xbox Live Arcade, you will be able to unlock things in Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.

If that's all it is then I don't think I'll be buying it. With better visuals and some new stuff added I'd consider it.

I would image Rare own everything so they can do what they want with Banjo....it's like how they took Banjo and Conker out of Diddy Kong Racing DS - because they own them and didn't want them on a Nintendo console as they had appeared on MS consoles.

I'd love to see the original title retooled as some graphical updates would sweeten the deal even more.

There are vast amounts of cash to be made with N64 retro games. Just look at the VC. It's just a shame that such a glaring omission will be (sadly) missing from the Wii's VC.

RARE don't own it all. It's still under some sort of licensing to Nintendo in some way, like Goldeneye(though less complicated) since it was on their console.

Though I really want to see how this came about.

Here's my rough take: Nintendo gets Goldeneye on VC, Microsoft gets to publish Banjo-Kazooie to make more hype for their upcoming Banjo-Kazooie game. And all the original logos seem to be kept, like the Game Boy in the screen selection and the Nintendo logo's that were originally in the game.

Very important to notice: Rare owns the rights to all characters and ideas in the game, but the game was developed and published together with Nintendo, wich gives Nintendo right to some degree abou this game. Nintendo has probably allowed it, and maybe we'll see what they got in return tomorrow morning.

Thq could be involved somehow. They did publish grunty's revenge. Dont they make games for the 360?

no,tHQ published games for Rare when Nintendo hadn't or didn't publish them (Hemce all GBA games by Rare andcpnkers Bad Fur Day.)

Hmmm, this is weird indeed, I doubt Nintendo doesn't own any part of Banjo. Still, great news for those who don't have it.

it wont be the 100% origional stop n swop anyway. Since its linking to Nuts and bolts and not tooie. Still the banjo kazooie part of stop n swop will be in the game, which is still very cool

I wonder what Ninty will get out of this as they partly own the rights to BK as it was on the N64 and published by Ninty as well. But as RARE own the rights to the BK franchise, i'm sure its been legally worked out between MS and Ninty to get a fair deal. Be finally able to play this classic again in the future.

maybe Nintendo just got money...which is good busines sense. It would be a kick in the balls to everyone but Wii owners if Nintendo got Rare games on the VC though. We can dream...

They could probably come to some sort of arrangement to get Rare's titles on both XBLA and WiiWare/VC, but Nintendo won't do that...

No because MS would of paid more to get exclusive rights.

Ah ok Thanks, I thought that would be the case.

They could probably come to some sort of arrangement to get Rare's titles on both XBLA and WiiWare/VC, but Nintendo won't do that...

That would be good but like you said I doubt that would EVER happen.

I thought Rare left Nintendo with the rights to all their games and franchises, barring the ones that had Nintendo owned IPs in them. Nintendo also got the likes of Diddy Kong and Krystal, despite them being characters made by Rare.

I can't be arsed to find details of the split, but i'm pretty sure Rare kept the franchises and the games as their part of the Nintendo-Rare-Microsoft deal.

I thought Rare left Nintendo with the rights to all their games and franchises, barring the ones that had Nintendo owned IPs in them. Nintendo also got the likes of Diddy Kong and Krystal, despite them being characters made by Rare.

I can't be arsed to find details of the split, but i'm pretty sure Rare kept the franchises and the games as their part of the Nintendo-Rare-Microsoft deal.

They keep the rights to the franchise, yes. They developed the characters, the enviroment... But it doesn't apply to older games, it only counts for new ones, like nuts 'n bolts. They can use Banjo-Kazooie there, but they can't release an old game, funded by an old partner, without the partners agreement. A new game, yes, and old game, no.

Again, Nintendo probably got something really good in return.

I don't care what console it's on. Got both of them anyway. Always wanted to try this. I have heard nothing but great things about it I have always liked 3D platformers.

Maybe this third party company was to blame for the failure of stop n swop on the nintendo 64?

Huh? The failure of Stop 'n Swop is unknown. Let's just let it rest and see what it does for the 360... Let's see how Rare intended this to be!