N-Europe

Banjo Kazooie (XBLA)

ssj

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truly one of the best games of all time.

It really is :smile: I love the game to bits :yay:

I have started Banjo Tooie in the last few weeks and I am finding it very difficult to get into :hmm: I am only about 2 hours in but currently it has got nothing on Banjo Kazooie which is a shame.. but hopefully it will get better :heh:

It really is :smile: I love the game to bits :yay:

I have started Banjo Tooie in the last few weeks and I am finding it very difficult to get into :hmm: I am only about 2 hours in but currently it has got nothing on Banjo Kazooie which is a shame.. but hopefully it will get better :heh:

BT is quite tedious with all the backtracking, Mumbo swapping, telepad warping nonsense. Quite a few of the levels are a bit garbage (I'm thinking Mayahem Temple, Glitter Gulch Mine and Terrydactyland).

It seems more of a hardcore game than a fun game, and Grunty Industries proves that. What a chore getting all the jiggies on that level was; even getting into the place took time.

BK is magical fun and will always be great no matter how much it ages.

Hey, Terrydactyland was awesome!

Witchyworld and Clock Cuccoo Land were awesome, too. And the Fire/Ice level.

But I hated the first two levels so much, and like you say GI was horrible.

I found that the barren atmosphere of Terry was really too plain...it was basically the same repeated reddy-orange stone background for the whole place, and the level itself consisted of a good few 'come back here 10 hours later for the jiggy' jiggys as well as ramps leading to and from nowhere willy nilly and the level itself linked to other levels. Blah. Horse shit I thought. :p

• 1 month later...

**edit** oh you're talking about the sound... yes 5 is harsh as it was a prime example of what could be done at the time, I really loved the BGM from the original BK ^^ and besides... the music in N&B is just the same / similar but orchestrated so it's not really a fair comment, plus don't they redo all XBLA titles with 5.1 sound? it will be nice to hear it in surround or at least the best approximation they can make out of it. :)

Because it's not orchestrated and doesnt give you a John Williams pseudocutout that conducts for you when you make a purchase

Plus, no voice acting = big no-no these days

Gah, damn Americans with their stupid lack of imagination. What's wrong with people forming their own opinion of how a character might sound? For instance, I loved it in FF games when they didn't have voices. In KH the voices they prescribed to characters were mostly annoying and ruined it a bit for me.

The bad thing is that these companies think they must include things like voice acting these days or they musn't be making a new game, or one that ticks all the right boxes. I can't imagine S-E making new main series FF games without voice acting again.