NEurope
Tellyn

NGamer Detail Animal Crossing Wii & Punch-Out Wii

The latest issue of NGamer reveals information from a secretive source about Animal Crossing Wii and a new installment of Punch-Out!!

Those who purchased last month's issue of NGamer will remember that the British publication teased at the revelation of a new project from Nintendo's internal development teams. We received the latest issue of NGamer this morning, and it offers up some very juicy information indeed. Here's a snippet from their feature about E3 2008...

"And if all goes to plan (and our sources haven't played a mean trick on us), that hands-on coverage will be of Animal Crossing and Punch-Out!! Wii, aka Nintendo's great hopes for 2008."

The article goes on to say that Animal Crossing Wii has been finished for a while, and though it isn't an MMO as suggested by rumours earlier this year, it features heavy use of Wi-Fi sharing (and presumably multiplayer, as in Wild World).

As for Punch-Out!! Wii, NGamer claim that Balance Board implementation is on the cards for dodging and weaving, in addition to Wii Remote and Nunchuk controlled punching (which goes without saying) in the style of Wii Sports Boxing and Rhythm Boxing, which was included as a minigame in Wii Fit.

Stick with N-Europe for E3 next week for quality news and coverage from Nintendo's highly anticipated conference.

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=12024

Animal Crossing :blank:

Punch-Out!! :yay:

Punch-Out!! is always killer-app material so i have high expectations for it

Fuck yeah Punch Out! Its a shame about the balance board though.

Whilst we haven't heard anything from the expected franchises... StarFox, Donkey Kong, F-Zero, Waverace, 1080 etc...

Perhaps Nintendo are gonna use the Wii to reinvent its franchises...

Punch-Out!!

the much RUMOURED Kid Icarus,

and surely there's gotta be a new Pilotwings at some point!

Still like to see/hear about some of the classic franchises though!

Punch Out!! Yes, that's awesome!!! Hopefully it doesn't include heavy use of the balance board though, I've got a feeling it might be lame if it does.

This is perfect stuff though. I'm just hoping that there's also one of the "bigger" franchises getting a game too.

If there's a new punch-out then I will be a very happy Larry... not that I'm a Larry. Would be hilarious because it would blatantly shit all over Facebreaker.

Wait a second.

Punch-Out?

Thats their killer app for this Christmas? Is that a fucking joke?

Well Animal Crossing is what we've all been saying for a while, but Punch-Out!! Superb! Since Wii Sports I guess a number of us have thought Punch-Out could be resurrected!

and surely there's gotta be a new Pilotwings at some point!

How I'm hoping. Back when the 64 had minimal titles after release, I survived on Pilotwings. Keeping my fingers crossed for making some kind of comeback eventually.

Wait a second.

Punch-Out?

Thats their killer app for this Christmas? Is that a fucking joke?

Turn that frown upside down!

I Love punch out, both the nes and (especially) the snes version. But as their big xmas title? Hmmmm. I mean, Animal Crossing is also good but will it really be that different to the GC and DS versions? I can't see it personally.

Either way thats leaving no BIG title for christmas is it? Kid Icarus is a start but I think NIntendo are going to need MUCH more to compete.

Ahh you see, the Wii version on Animal Crossing has a lot of potential as they can do SO MUCH more with it visually compared to the DS and it's on-line which will already kick the GCN ones ass.

So you're telling me that if we got P-O, Kid Icarus and AC between now and xmas that you'd be disappointed? We already know that there's other stuff coming too.

Just for people who don't know it/haven't seen it before: :yay: RUUUUuuuuumbllllle!!!!:yay:

Animal Crossing has a lot of potential as they can do SO MUCH more with it visually
Can you see them though? I can't!

The GC version stayed close to the N64 style!

Hey, it might get a total overhaul. You never know how long the team has been working on it. I can see it working very well with the way Wii works, getting msgs on your Wii.

Don't forget that they were using examples including AC when Nintendo were talking about online for the Wii in the early stages. I think that they'll have a lot of features that they want to implement that integrate into the system itself.

Also, let's not forget that this is Nintendo. Could you have really seen what they were going to do with SMG before they showed us? Did you see that Metroid would have gone 1st person? This is why they are fantastic developers and we are not.

As for Punch-Out!! Wii, NGamer claim that Balance Board implementation is on the cards for dodging and weaving, in addition to Wii Remote and Nunchuk controlled punching (which goes without saying) in the style of Wii Sports Boxing and Rhythm Boxing, which was included as a minigame in Wii Fit.

I was right and to think people mocked my idea

i bet EA saw the balance board and had ideas. Its not hard to add controls at the last minute. All those ports show this to be the case. But i imagine the ability to detect body weight shifts will reduce reliance on the accellerometers which just arnt that good at the moment

The problem is that another company will probably show the finished version of that good looking camera boxing game

Can you see them though? I can't!

The GC version stayed close to the N64 style!

I thought Animal Crossing on the GCN was just the N64 game with a few more features?

EDIT: Indeed it was.

Due to limited sales because of the drastically decreasing N64 market, the game went unreleased for the N64 outside of Japan and was ported to the Nintendo GameCube in Japan on December 14, 2001; North America on September 15, 2002; Australia on October 17, 2003; and Europe on September 24, 2004.

I was right and to think people mocked my idea

Pretty much everyone had this idea.

Again, lots of things get revealed before E3 then people moan that E3 sucks.

Pretty much everyone had this idea.

Again, lots of things get revealed before E3 then people moan that E3 sucks.

yeah i guess you are right. Anyway, this means that the balacnce board will be worth its weight in GOLD this christmas... Expect to see other balance board games from 3rd parties

I just hope that Animal Crossing just won't be the same as the last two or I just won't bother getting it. Needs alot more added/changed to it to make it different. As Jamaba said, it had potential, they better do it well.

I thought Animal Crossing on the GCN was just the N64 game with a few more features?

EDIT: Indeed it was.

OK then yeah, they had the chance to upgrade it but ultimately just ported it near enough...
Hey, it might get a total overhaul. You never know how long the team has been working on it. I can see it working very well with the way Wii works, getting msgs on your Wii.

Don't forget that they were using examples including AC when Nintendo were talking about online for the Wii in the early stages. I think that they'll have a lot of features that they want to implement that integrate into the system itself.

Also, let's not forget that this is Nintendo. Could you have really seen what they were going to do with SMG before they showed us? Did you see that Metroid would have gone 1st person? This is why they are fantastic developers and we are not.

I'm not saying it won't have loads of features and offer alot of interactivity, customisation, value for money etc... I just can't see them changing how it looks, other than the obvious next gen bit of polish.

I see it looking somewhat like My Sims/Harvest Moon... Simple yet effective! and then it all being about how much you yourself want to put into it.

It's bound to support Mii's, which'll be awesome.

Animal Crossing is a given- if not at this E3, its definitely in the pipeline. Punch Out!! however would be a great surprise so lets hope its true! :yay:

It would be nice if Nintendo turned around and said "And here is Animal Crossing it's out next week!"

Never going to happen but ah well. I think Animal Crossing would be a good summer game. A nice relaxed game that after a fun summers day (obviously in America as we don't get them) it would be a good thing to come home and unwind to.

Anyone expecting a huge graphics overhaul in AC is probably gonna be disapointed. Honestly not bothered, the importance of AC's graphics to me is its style, as long as it keeps the same spirit, I don't care if it looks like the other ones.

It would be nice if Nintendo turned around and said "And here is Animal Crossing it's out next week!"

Never going to happen but ah well. I think Animal Crossing would be a good summer game. A nice relaxed game that after a fun summers day (obviously in America as we don't get them) it would be a good thing to come home and unwind to.

So it would repeat the amazing Saturn achievment of not selling? :P

Anyone expecting a huge graphics overhaul in AC is probably gonna be disapointed. Honestly not bothered, the importance of AC's graphics to me is its style, as long as it keeps the same spirit, I don't care if it looks like the other ones.
Think that's how Nintendo see the series.

So it would repeat the amazing Saturn achievment of not selling? :P

Apple do it all the time with iPods and Macs. And we all know how Apple are buying Nintendo and/or Nintendo are buying Apple :P

Well take a look at SSBB, it's graphics got better and kept the same feel.

I would recon that they will got for a style that will give it an illustrated feel. Maybe cell-shaded or more of a paper style which personally I think would fit AC very well.