NEurope
Wesley

Podcasts

What podcasts do people listen to, if any?

I started listening to Penny-Arcade podcasts while I'm at my PC, just a nice alternative to listening to music at time. But they haven't got many and I'm going to run out. So what other good podcasts are there? Gaming specific is good, but not a nessaccary.

The N-E show. For obvious reasons.

The Adobe CS Podcast. Because it has some pretty good tutorials and points out little features in the Adobe apps that you probably wouldn't otherwise notice.

I also subscribed to the GT Wii spotlight just for some of the trailers.

The N-E show is awesome, mainly because I'm in one of them. :heh:

I sometimes listen to the IGN one if I've got nothing better to do...

Bloody good horror

Horror etc

GFW

Retronauts

Nintendo voice chat

1up yours

Go Nintendo

Keeping it reel

Gamespot Uk

Oh and of course the NE show!

Dave and Joels Fast Karate For The Gentleman

The Definitive Word

Geeknights with Rym + Scott

The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast

IGN Entertainment Podcasts

LOSTCasts

Make It So

Movies You Should See

...or do you think thats just bollocks

Richard and Allison's Super Happy Fun Time

Ricky Gervais Podcast

Weekend Watches

1UP Yours

1UP.com Retronauts

Gaming;

1up Yours

1up Fm (formely EGM Live)

1up Retronauts

Giant Bombcast

Podtoid

Podcastle

PSNation

N4G (My question is in the latest episode!)

Various IGN ones from time to time

Go Nintendo

Infendo

Non Gaming

Totally Rad Show

Pompey Pubcast

Adam and Joe

Ricky Gervais Show

Cobra Pubcast

Jonathon Ross

Not really a podcast person, but I do keep us to tabs with:

-N-E show

-IGN Nintendo Voicechat

-Mark Kermode's weekly film reviews (If I miss him on Mayo)

IGN Nintendo Voice Chat

IGN Retrocity (the guy on this has a great voice!)

Jonathan Ross

James Richardson's Guardian Unlimited Football Weekly (twas Football Daily during the Euros.)

Sometimes Retronauts

Sometimes the Lost podcasts

...and the N-E one, on the rarest of occasions.

I think GFW Radio is easily the best of the 1UP podcasts; it tends to be about games in general, so don't be too put off if you don't have a gaming PC.

One Life Left isn't running at the moment, but I'd still urge you to give it a try. It's possible you might hate it, but it's equally likely you'll want to have Ann's babies.

I only listen to:

Major Nelson's podcast

Giant Bombcast

Used to listen to Gamespot's Hotspot, but thats turned into utter trash.

Jesus, Russell Brand?

Heh. I think I might check our 1Up Yours podcast and maybe NE's very own!

I don't listen to any podcast... I never really understood what the appeal of them is? I mean it's basically just listening to people talk about... whatever, right?

I don't listen to any podcast... I never really understood what the appeal of them is? I mean it's basically just listening to people talk about... whatever, right?

It's just like listening to the radio at your own pace, really — although as they are easy to setup the quality of content and production can vary wildly between shows. Seeing as there aren't any gaming radio programmes the ones I listen to also happen to fill a gap in the market. This is where podcasts shine as they can be far more esoteric or generally niche than a national broadcast.

Podcasts are great to have running in the background when doing other things, such as cleaning, internet browsing or somesuch. And as there are so many available you're bound to find something in tune with your interests, whether that be a particular genre of music or discovering new money saving tips.

It's just like listening to the radio at your own pace, really — although as they are easy to setup the quality of content and production can vary wildly between shows. Seeing as there aren't any gaming radio programmes the ones I listen to also happen to fill a gap in the market. This is where podcasts shine as they can be far more esoteric or generally niche than a national broadcast.

Podcasts are great to have running in the background when doing other things, such as cleaning, internet browsing or somesuch. And as there are so many available you're bound to find something in tune with your interests, whether that be a particular genre of music or discovering new money saving tips.

So podcasts aren't all about boring talks? Because that's what it seemed like to me, from the one or two podcasts I ever checked out. I don't like listening to people talk; hate it on the radio as well. I guess it's just not my kind of thing. =P

Let me see, I listen to a fair few...

The Definitive Word

Lost Initiative

Movies You Should See

Official Lost

All The Ricky Gervais's

And NE of course. I still have the pokemon snap I won in the competition ^.^ (The one only I entered :P)

Oh and I used to listen to Russell Brand 'till I got bored of it, and Gonintendo till I realised I was no longer really much of a Nintendo fanboy

It's not really a podcast, but I use iTunes' podcast thing to listen to BBC Radio 4's News Quiz each week. Great programme but finished for the Summer now. :(

I think GFW Radio is easily the best of the 1UP podcasts; it tends to be about games in general, so don't be too put off if you don't have a gaming PC..

I think GFW radio is indeed the best podcast...ever? Always hilarious.

Anyway:

Nintendo Voice Chat

1up FM

Retronauts

1up Yours

GFW Radio

some other shit.

Yeah GFW is awesome. I think 1up Yours has lost its way abit seem as it lost its core. I have actually preferred 1up FM the last couple of weeks.

Ive actually started liking 1up Yours a lot more lately, found it hard to stay with before. Never listened to 1up FM though, whats the difference?

Only listen do 1up yours. GFW and 1up FM get a lot of good rep, what are they specifically about? Might start listening to those.

Just wanted to bring a podcast thread back to ask a question.

Im in the mood to listen to a new gaming podcast but I wanted to see if there was one that devoted whole episodes to specific games? Most I find just have general discussions on what they have been playing lately.

Only one I found that was close to that was the Post Game Report but after trying to listen to their GTA podcast I wasnt impressed as apparently most had only done a couple of missions.

A game runthrough podcast? Rebel FM are doing a game club and have done Call of Cthulu and Bully. There might be more out there.

I've been meaning to get into listening to some podcasts, never heard one myself before.

I think the N:E podcast should be my first.