N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, Liverpool should have won, but Arsenal scrapped right to the end.

What?...

They had the goal and Gerard's miss in the first half, a second half Agger shot from distance and that was it.. They didn't deserve a win for shit.

Disgraceful football, at least Man United had the balls to come to us and play their game and attack. Liverpool came with the soul intention to get a point, like some club fighting for relegation not the title.

Adebayor didn't deserve the sending off, and I'm gutted Fabregas could be out for a few months.

On a positive, I'm pleased the fans were awake today, generated some noise (mainly boos generated towards Liverpool and the twat of a ref Mr Webb). Also Eboue got a good reception, considering the events of the second half, a point will do, fair result.

got to agree with Ramar here, Liverpool didn't deserve any more than they got and in the end were lucky to come away with the draw since Arsenal wanted it more after the sending off.

And if there's one guarantee in football it's that when a ref wrongs a team you can bet it'll get the fans right behind them :)

Fair enough saying Liverpool didn't threaten in the second half, but I wouldn't say we purposefully sat back and played for a point. The sending off worked against Liverpool and we could hardly get a hold of the ball from that point onwards. We controlled things from when we equalised up until the red card.

I dunno if our substitutions were that great either. Babel was pretty much invisible and El Zhar is hit and miss at the best of times. Ngog isn't terrible, but I didn't expect him to clinch the winning goal. I might have got Benayoun on seeing as he is a slippery wee player and he might have fashioned a scoring opportunity for himself or someone else.

A point at the Emirates is always good, but with the way things are currently sitting for Liverpool, I would have really liked all three to give us that temporary clearance at the top of the table.

What?...

They had the goal and Gerard's miss in the first half, a second half Agger shot from distance and that was it.. They didn't deserve a win for shit.

Disgraceful football, at least Man United had the balls to come to us and play their game and attack. Liverpool came with the soul intention to get a point, like some club fighting for relegation not the title.

Adebayor didn't deserve the sending off, and I'm gutted Fabregas could be out for a few months.

On a positive, I'm pleased the fans were awake today, generated some noise (mainly boos generated towards Liverpool and the twat of a ref Mr Webb). Also Eboue got a good reception, considering the events of the second half, a point will do, fair result.

Fuck me, you're just like Wenger. Always has an excuse for EVERYTHING! I don't think I've ever heard Wenger say well done to any team.

Wooo, cracking 3 points, thanks Santa! :D

Two of my mates are Spurs fans and came to the match with us, what a sickener for them. Spurs must hate playing us, haven't we taken all 18 points from our last 6 games against them home and away or something?

Boo!! I thought Spurs were much the better side, but NOTHING in that final third really. Pav can't play on his won, Cambell can eff off back to man U, terrible player. Newcastle were pretty bad and had one attack in the 2nd half and a goal!!! A good goal though I'll give them that!!!

Very frustrating match!!

Fuck me, you're just like Wenger. Always has an excuse for EVERYTHING! I don't think I've ever heard Wenger say well done to any team.

Boo!! I thought Spurs were much the better side, but NOTHING in that final third really. Pav can't play on his won, Cambell can eff off back to man U, terrible player. Newcastle were pretty bad and had one attack in the 2nd half and a goal!!! A good goal though I'll give them that!!!

Very frustrating match!!

Alas I can't return compliments because I can't tell if your chin is jutting forward as you type that. Poor 'Arry.

PS. Sorry for being analytical of the game. Next time I'll give my best Sky Sports opinions for you.

Grow a pair you fools. Arsenal were shit and so were Liverpool but to say the scouse were settling for a point is a bit thick. The arsenal defence was the worst I've seen in many years, any long punt up was causing them serious trouble and Robbie Keane could have scored a lot more than the one he did. As for Webb, i'd agree he got the Adebayor decision wrong but he is a quality referee.

As for the Spurs game, they were probably the better side but Newcastle could have killed the game off earlier if Owen could hadn't missed a couple of great chances.