Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unietd goal was great. It's a shame I didn't see Berbatov do any more than what he did assissting in that goal.

The second half Liverpool were all over United and I think they got the second goal well.

United off to a bad start yet again.

I thought we (United) had a great start, got a goal and was all over them for about 20 minutes. I was thinking that it was gonna be a walk in the park but then when they got that lucky own goal we just seem to lose confidence. Second half was all Liverpool and I think they deserved the win to be honest.

I don't care how many goals Adebayor scores, if he doesn't understand the offside rule by now he might as well piss off.

Mate, I don't care how many times he's caught off side (which I know was ALOT during the game) but come on, he still managed to score a hattrick and he wasn't even playing that well IMO.

Don't care how clumsy or wasteful he is, Adebayor is an integral part of this Arsenal team, and WILL score at least 20 goals for us each season.

P.S Also wanna say what a glorious day of footy today was (or yesterday considering its past 12!). Absolutely brilliant. Good weather, good games and some nice goals! Can't get any better than this!

Mate, I don't care how many times he's caught off side (which I know was ALOT during the game) but come on, he still managed to score a hattrick and he wasn't even playing that well IMO.

Don't care how clumsy or wasteful he is, Adebayor is an integral part of this Arsenal team, and WILL score at least 20 goals for us each season.

I care how many times he's offside because it breaks down the play and gives the opposing team posession. Not to mention the fact we could score goals from the offsides he cocks up. It was at least 5 times yesterday, possibly more. He's a quick lad he doesn't need to move so early, he just needs to focus on the defensive line and check his runs. It's not rocket science.

Maybe its because for years I was watching the master of the counter attack, the man who could time runs to perfection, Mr Henry.

As for Ade getting 20 every season, I'd like to see him do that, hopefully he can prove last season wasn't a one off.

Aye, I thought it was shocking like. The first was bad enough but then that follow through was pretty bad. Must have been watching Barton in training...:indeed:

Thats what I was thinking...2 absolute thugs.

yeah he should get a ban that's at least the length of the time that the guy is out with his broken leg, in fact he's lucky that he's had no police charges brought against him

Agreed. There should be further action taken against that kinda offence.

Then you'd be just as bad as him..

So you're telling me if someone came up to you and broke your leg, you would do nothing?

Even if its in the context of a footy match, where (a degree of) physical contact is allowed, making a challenge such as Guthrie's is unacceptable. He just lunged in there, no attempt to get the ball, but the man.

Absolutely ridiculous. You could see the reaction of Fagan as well, he was absolutely fuming and understandably so. That doesn't belong in a footy match, let alone the 'real' world.

Exactly why an act of revenge would be just as bad.

The only way to come back, is to get fit, and carry on with your game.

I think, deep down, I know you're right but I just can't agree with it!

Its just the fact that he had absolutely NO intention of playing the ball which pisses me off. That is the difference for me.

Take Eduardo's leg break, yes it was bad (worse leg break than Fagans actually) but it happened as a result of someone trying to play the ball, not out of malice/frustration.

Guthrie's tackle makes my blood boil. It really does.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!