Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We do like giving ammo to the media and the mackems recently. Although the attention we get from both does sometimes become sad to the point of obsession - there are few other clubs where the rumour of the manager possibly leaving would move Man City signing Robinho off lead story, and at one point today 24 out of the 37 topics on page one of the most popular Sunderland message board were about Newcastle.

It's important to us...I remember reading a Newcastle forum when we were A) relegated and B) Bought out/and Roy came in. It was pretty good reading actually :) Pages and pages of "YO-YO! and Keane = EPIC FAIL!"

We only wanna see what our neighbours are doing. Well, apart from the 'Boro. They are just fine with their mid-table mediocrity. (*Glances at league table and grumbles*.)

We know nothing as of yet though. I look forward to a KK press conference soon. It's been another case of hanging your washing out for everyone to see. And a sad state of affairs tbh. KK deserves to stay and Newcastle are looking good "on" the pitch, which is what matters afterall. It makes the derbys interesting see!?

Here's the link for the 3 legends show I was talking about yesterday, in parts it is hillarious...Some of the callers from Newcastle are mint...

Parts 1 and 2 from September 2nd.

So has KK gone or what? I'm confused!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4090086,00.html

Newcastle have confirmed talks are ongoing between the club's board and manager Kevin Keegan, who has neither been sacked nor resigned.

In spite of Sky Sports News running a "Keegan has been sacked" ticker all day yesterday. Don't believe all (or anything) you read in the media. :P

See this is the problem with football these days. It's all about the money. If a manager isn't doing well and not winning, he'll get sacked. But that's just bollocks really because it's the players that are the ones playing and losing. If a manager takes a chance and makes an odd pairing or team selection then it's the players' jobs to get on and make it work. And I thoroughly believe that any board of directors should stay away from any of the on field business. But then again, I don't really watch football (for the reasons stated). Ever since Gerard got that £100k a week contract at Liverpool, the whole football system has gone to hell. it's not about the money and the players need to learn that. It's about playing in front of thousands of people who have come to watch you play, with the weeks pay being a bonus.

See this is the problem with football these days. It's all about the money. If a manager isn't doing well and not winning, he'll get sacked. But that's just bollocks really because it's the players that are the ones playing and losing. If a manager takes a chance and makes an odd pairing or team selection then it's the players' jobs to get on and make it work. And I thoroughly believe that any board of directors should stay away from any of the on field business. But then again, I don't really watch football (for the reasons stated). Ever since Gerard got that £100k a week contract at Liverpool, the whole football system has gone to hell. it's not about the money and the players need to learn that. It's about playing in front of thousands of people who have come to watch you play, with the weeks pay being a bonus.

Well done. Youve mentioned everything other than why he quit. He quit for the same reason Alan quit. Managers arnt given enough control over transfers.

Well done. Youve mentioned everything other than why he quit. He quit for the same reason Alan quit. Managers arnt given enough control over transfers.

Word to yaw mama.

I'm sad to see both him and Curbs leave, especially at this early stage of the season. Very sad for the club and their fans, as these are both two experienced managers, let down by the club they have fought hard for. Both managers deserve better clubs, who will fully treat them with the respect that they deserve.

While I'm sympathetic to Curbs, I'm not really for Keegan. He was appointed at the same time as Wise, Jimenez et all so he new from day one that he would not be in charge or transfers. OK fair enough the manager needs to have some say in it. I.E buy me a left back and then the director of football buys a left back.

But I really don't think Newcastle have made bad signings this season anyway. Although selling Milner behind his back is a bit different and I can sympathise with him there. Lets not forget last time he was given money he spunked 50 million odd up the wall on Fowler, Macken, Sinclair, McManaman, Veloso (who didn't actually play a game for Man City) etc etc

See this is the problem with football these days. It's all about the money. If a manager isn't doing well and not winning, he'll get sacked.

Uh, we've had a good start to the season, we've played three games, two of them Man U and Arsenal away, and have 4 points. He wasn't sacked for not winning, in fact he wasn't sacked at all.

I can see they coming when the premiership goes into meltdown. With so many clubs nowadays backed by 'sugardadies', it's only a matter time before they get bored and look for something else to get their jollies off. Whose gonna cover those massive wage bills then.

Uh, we've had a good start to the season, we've played three games, two of them Man U and Arsenal away, and have 4 points. He wasn't sacked for not winning, in fact he wasn't sacked at all.

He wouldnt have come if he wasnt told he would have full control. Something obviously went wrong. Like the board lying.

The Scotland players have done us proud already by refusing any money for playing in the National team unless we qualify for the World Cup. :)

England should get their players to follow suit and any who refuse should be chucked out, then you'll have the dedicated players who actually want to play in an England shirt.

Playing for your national team should be a privilege and you should be honoured to do it and happily do it for nothing.

-----

Can't wait for the match this afternoon. Going to be a really tough one for Scotland in the searing heat. I'd be very happy with a draw away to Macedonia and then hopefully pick up 3 points away to Iceland. Squad for this afternoon should be...

---------------Gordon

Broadfoot--Caldwell--McManus--Naysmith

---------------Hartley---------------

-----Brown----Fletcher----Robson

----------Miller-----McFadden

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!