N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or even Sheva mkII :heh:

No, the point was Tevez came over played for West Ham for one season then moved to a much larger club where he should have moved to anyway. Robinho similarly has gone to a midtable club when he'll be expecting much more. Shevchenko was bought by that twat of an owner and was never going to fit in at Chelsea.

---

I wa sup until 1am to see if we got a transfer, so I just got up logged on Arsenal's site hoping for a late announcement and I'm greeted with this.

Wenger - Eboue is becoming a pass master

'He has put over good final balls since the start of the season'

What....

---

I wa sup until 1am to see if we got a transfer, so I just got up logged on Arsenal's site hoping for a late announcement and I'm greeted with this.

Wenger - Eboue is becoming a pass master

'He has put over good final balls since the start of the season'

What....

I know mate, I know. :indeed::heh:

I dunno what Arsene is on about. No transfers and then calls Eboue a "pass master"? Bloody hell. The player's been improving yes, but pass master? No.

I cannot believe Man Utd's actions last night. They basically hole up Berbatov and say to Spurs we have him he wants to sign up for for us accept our bid. In the end Spurs bent over and took one off Man Utd and even agreed to not follow through with their complaint about taping up, just proves if you have enough money anything can be done..disgusting...

As for Robinho going to city, crazy if these guys have as much money as is claimed I can see the top 4 being broken up. Think before Abramovich yes Chelsea were there or there abouts but not the mega bucks top 2 team, Champs League challengers they are now. I'd put my money on Arsenal to make the drop. I think its realistic to see more and more of the stable premiership teams getting bought out by billionaires and levels the playing field, leaving a small minority stuck in the yoyo of prem-championship and back again.

I cannot believe Man Utd's actions last night. They basically hole up Berbatov and say to Spurs we have him he wants to sign up for for us accept our bid. In the end Spurs bent over and took one off Man Utd and even agreed to not follow through with their complaint about taping up, just proves if you have enough money anything can be done..disgusting...

Or it proves Daniel Levy is absolute money whore and little pussy. That's Liverpool and Man Utd they've let off the hook now. Disgrace.

As for Robinho going to city, crazy if these guys have as much money as is claimed I can see the top 4 being broken up. Think before Abramovich yes Chelsea were there or there abouts but not the mega bucks top 2 team, Champs League challengers they are now. I'd put my money on Arsenal to make the drop. I think its realistic to see more and more of the stable premiership teams getting bought out by billionaires and levels the playing field, leaving a small minority stuck in the yoyo of prem-championship and back again.

Agreed mate. The whole deadline day yesterday was disgusting...a bad day for football indeed.

On another note, I was just looking at the fixture list....2 clubs playing each other who fought over the same player....2 clubs that are the richest in teh league now....

Saturday, 13 September 2008

Man City v Chelsea, 17:30

lol. last week it was Villa and Liverpool (Barry saga), now its this....lol.

United agreed a fee with Spurs, this whole shambles came about because Sky asked Levy if they accepted a bid from united for Berbatov and he said No Comment.

While that alcholic twat doesnt have a clean record in regards transfers, do you really think he would be so brazen as to swan up to the airport in front of the worlds press bundle berbatov into his car and not let him leave Old Trafford until Spurs gave in?

Just to put this whole Man City thing into perspective. Their new owner (Dr Sulaiman Al-Fahim) has about £120 billion, that's almost 10 times more than Abramahichs whole worth of £24 billion and has promised a transfer budget of £580 million.

Didn't Man City offer more than Man United? If so, then it wasn't really about the money then, was it. In the end, we've been tracking him for some time, the player has said he wanted to leave, so he went. Were Spurs adamant of keeping him? Hmm, I don't even think so. To me, they were just holding out for a better bid. They've already sold Defoe, and Keane, so they're not afraid of letting players go.

United agreed a fee with Spurs, this whole shambles came about because Sky asked Levy if they accepted a bid from united for Berbatov and he said No Comment.

While that alcholic twat doesnt have a clean record in regards transfers, do you really think he would be so brazen as to swan up to the airport in front of the worlds press bundle berbatov into his car and not let him leave Old Trafford until Spurs gave in?

As usual, Noodles saves the day.

Seriously, if Kevin Keegan goes... the past few days have been a shameful, shameful few days for the Premier League...

Not only do we have arabs now trying to outdo russians with a "toy club", we've got "big" players who only go to a club for the cash (Robinho) and then we have the doubts over the Man United/Spurs debate. (Although I believe Berba has gone for the right reasons - footballing reasons). But his tantrums (if to be believed) indicates toward more proof that player power owns all.

But if Keegan goes I swear I'll be gutted. The man loves football, loves Newcastle and was promised the world from Ashley. Yet, to be fair, KK hasn't really had an easy ride. With Dennis Wise behind the scenes and Ashley doing a far worse job than Sir John Hall. Even though, on the pitch Newcastle look better than in the past 5 years.

Football needs a "cap" putting on what can be spent imo.

Newly promoted teams maybe should be allowed to spend "x" amount more than established teams and those established teams should only be allowed to spend a set amount (perhaps based on their finishing positions?)

But something needs to be done. We are going to be left with 7-8 clubs whom are massive and the other teams are going to struggle to get anywhere unless they find a "huge" investor. The only other answer is youth development but as seen with Chelsea, tapping up is going to happen there too.

Something needs to change, I think everyone agrees on that. But what the answer is, no-one knows. Football has taken on a life of it's own - no-one can stop a business where no limitations are in place. The only thing that will happen is it all escalates to a point of no return. Good or bad, who knows!?

keegan.jpg

What. The. Hell. Is. Wrong. With. Football?!

It seems to be a general consensus that he was at Man Utd without having permission to speak to them. I am not saying spurs are totally innocent. But at the end of the day Berbatov was under contract spurs were entitled to hold out for the price they wanted.

Didn't Man City offer more than Man United? If so, then it wasn't really about the money then, was it. In the end, we've been tracking him for some time, the player has said he wanted to leave, so he went. Were Spurs adamant of keeping him? Hmm, I don't even think so. To me, they were just holding out for a better bid. They've already sold Defoe, and Keane, so they're not afraid of letting players go.

As usual, Noodles saves the day.

But until the amount of money the wanted was offered that they were happy with not selling him to Man Utd. I wish a club would stick up to the bigger teams and not just accept the money and drop the charges. Real Madrid took a stance not accepting Chelsea's offer and selling to a club that conducted business in the correct manner.

EDIT; IN OTHER NEWS KEEGAN IS GONE CONFIRMED!

seemed to be a bit of confusion if he had definitly gone, but seems he has.

I'm finding this whole Man City thing hilarious, There owners are like an Abramavich but worse. According to reports they are looking at bringing in 18 new players with the names of Torres and Fabregas now joining Ronaldo in the list of links. Of course money would be no object with them, to a much greater extent that it is no object at Chelsea.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!