N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

West Brom have got a slim hope, but it's a huge, huge ask for them to stay up. They'd need to win their own games, and hope that the teams around them didn't win any of their remaining two games.

Here's my predictions for each team:

West Brom 0 - 3 Liverpool [0]

Middlesborough 1 - 1 Aston Villa [1]

Bolton 1 - 2Hull [3]

Newcastle 2 - 2 Fulham [1]

Portsmouth 1 - 2 Sunderland [3]

and then

Blackburn 1 - 2 West Brom [3]

West Ham 0 - 2 Middlesborough [3]

Hull 0 - 1 Manchester United [0]

Aston Villa 0 - 2 Newcastle [3]

Chelsea 2 - 0 Sunderland [0]

The brackets are how many points the bolded team will get.

So, by my prediction, the final standings will be:

Sunderland - 39

Newcastle - 38

Hull - 37

Middlesborough - 35

West Brom - 34

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing i'm hoping on is the fact that teams at the bottom aren't expected to pick up points. A 3 point gap at the top of the league can seem huge because chances are everyone will win their games, at the other end of the table (as we've shown over the past few weeks) the gap doesn't quite work the same. So if we do manage to pick up points the chances are everyone around us won't.

Personally, i think our run in could be the best:

Liverpool will hopefully be out of the title race by sunday, and if they realise that they're playing a team scrapping for survival they might not push so hard i.e play to avoid unnecessary injuries. With the game being at The Hawthorns aswell, i've got hope for a point.

Blackburn. Again they'll have nothing to play for having just secured their league status for next season, so if we're still in with a chance come the last day I would expect us to put out a decent performance and beat Alerdyce's team. We've also got to have them for the utter bullshit penalty given to them at ours which earned them a point.

Having said all the above: this is football and anything could happen, so i'm just gonna support my boys* and hope for the best. :bouncy: *nervous bounce*

:)

*No testicle jokes please

Liverpool will hopefully be out of the title race by sunday..

..damn you! Wigan will hopefully surprise us all tonight (even if I really can't see it..) ..and then Arsenal need to put the Champions League games behind them and steal a win on Saturday..

The West Brom game with Liverpool is one I have had an eye on for a while.. I felt if we were still in the title race, West Brom would probably already be relegated and therefore pose less of a threat to another victory for Liverpool.. but I congratulate them on staying in there (I would actually quite like to see them stay up.. another great escape.. but not at the expense of Liverpool :heh:)

If the league is over by then, I expect Liverpool to still go out with a strong team and try to secure second place.. Rafa will want to have a high points tally as signs of progression! But for tonight.. come on Steve Bruce!

West Brom could be a tricky one for Liverpool, considering that their players and their fans often fail to turn up and put a shift in unless they're playing Man U or Real Madrid.

..you can't really say that is true in the latter part of the season.. Liverpool have been fantastic! It is just unfortunate that we had that dip in the middle of the season where we dropped too many points :hmm:

Fantastic in terms of beating Real Madrid 4-0 and winning 4-1 at Old Trafford, in terms of losing 2-0 to Boro and dropping points to Stoke and Wigan, not so much - which is why Liverpool are so great in the Champions League where every games a huge game and their fans and players are really up for it, but can't finish top over the course of a season when week in, week out they've got to travel to places like Craven Cottage.

Also

ronaldoo.gif

:laughing: Thats too funny BlueStar.

Nando... if its any consolation I would have loved to see Liverpool win the league this season (or any season), but at the end of the day I got my priorities :heh:

:EDIT:

That gif is still making me chuckle. Tee Hee

Edited by DuD

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Well done you Hibees. Back to the top (on goal difference)

I know this means nothing as all you guffs don't follow the great SPL, but you should!

Well done you Hibees. Back to the top (on goal difference)

I know this means nothing as all you guffs don't follow the great SPL, but you should!

I'm happy. MON THE BHOYS! :grin:

A two team league is barely worth taking any notice of.. I'm surprised a 3-4 team one south of hadrian's wall gets such a look in.

Thought we played well tonight as did Wigan. Good battle really. I think a draw would have been justified and I would have been ok with that but with chances we just edged it. Ronaldo wasted a few chances which perhaps on another day would have gone in.

I have to say when Tevez came on you just knew he was gonna do something special. Great goal which was matched by Carricks finish 5 mins from time. Great result, very happy, bring on the title celebrations on Saturday (as long as we dont lose to Arsenal).

A two team league is barely worth taking any notice of.. I'm surprised a 3-4 team one south of hadrian's wall gets such a look in.

That the Welsh league you're on about? The EPL is a two team league nowadays as well.