Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

I thought the rule regarding referees making decisions was that the referee has to be 100% convinced in order to give it; so I can't understand how people can't blame the ref when 1) He made the decision without seeing the play (:. can't be 100% convinced) and 2) He's the ref, he should have been in a position where he could see the play.

I didn't watch the second half because I was annoyed at how stop start the 1st half was (fucking whistle happy ref), so i can't comment on whether it was a penalty or not.

I wouldn't be suprised if it wasn't a penalty though judging on the ref's 1st half performance.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd just like to say one thing:

Everyone in the studio last night (all the people who analyse football FOR THEIR JOBS), and everyone on this forum (including non-united fans) has agrees that it wasn't a red card. The one person who disagrees is an arsenal fan (I'm judging noodleman to just be saying how he could have avoided any chance of a red rather than saying it was a red card.) Now, do you not think that you may be biased, especially when EVERYONE else seems to agree that it wasn't a red?

What kind of argument is that? Firstly JonSt agrees with me, last time I checked he wasn't an Arsenal fan.

Then lets look at the pundits, we've got Andy Townsend, the man's an absolute joke, the high of his career is winning the league cup and pretending to be Irish.

Jens Lehmann, a legend in his right, but he's a player, not a pundit. Teddy Sheringham, a twat but he's not a pundit, hasn't made a career of spectating and anaylising the game now has he.

Steve Rider was host if I remember correctly, hardly known for his excellent breakdown of football, isn't motorsport more his hand?..

The only reason people are complaining is because he'll miss the final for the foul. If it was a league game, they'd be no fuss.

What kind of argument is that? Firstly JonSt agrees with me, last time I checked he wasn't an Arsenal fan.

Then lets look at the pundits, we've got Andy Townsend, the man's an absolute joke, the high of his career is winning the league cup and pretending to be Irish.

Jens Lehmann, a legend in his right, but he's a player, not a pundit. Teddy Sheringham, a twat but he's not a pundit, hasn't made a career of spectating and anaylising the game now has he.

Steve Rider was host if I remember correctly, hardly known for his excellent breakdown of football, isn't motorsport more his hand?..

The only reason people are complaining is because he'll miss the final for the foul. If it was a league game, they'd be no fuss.

At the end of the day, people seemed to have blurred the lines between fairly winning the ball and just touching the ball. I've said it about a million times already but did Fletcher moan? No, surely he would have said something if he didn't agree. He wasn't short of words earlier in the game.

That was annoying. I'm pretty sure we deserved to go through...I think.

The refereeing was a shambles.

C'est la vie.

Pretty sure? Be damn sure. We outplayed them to the extent that they had ONE attempt on goal and it went in. The ref was a fucking shambles, absolutely ZERO doubt about it. Not a single person watching that could say otherwise.

Pretty sure? Be damn sure. We outplayed them to the extent that they had ONE attempt on goal and it went in. The ref was a fucking shambles, absolutely ZERO doubt about it. Not a single person watching that could say otherwise.

Yeah, sometimes I am unintentionally bias.

Ah, well. Good luck Man U.

over the two legs there was only one team who tried to actually win the game while the other just parked a bus infront of the goal..

Fell for the flamebait. Edited.

Edited by Dyson

victory for football tonight!!

over the two legs there was only one team who tried to actually win the game while the other just parked a bus infront of the goal..

Got to agree, but I only listened to the second leg.

I hope Barca go on to win it, just for Henry.

victory for football tonight!!

A night when the referrer had so much influence is not a victory for football.

Grow up.

14ui442.jpg

Classy.. Can't help but feel he let Chelsea down tonight.

:angry: Truly. Shit like that makes me count down the time til he buggers off.

Grow up.

Yep, this is what I would have said had I had a bit more tact at the time.

Edited by Dyson
Automerged Doublepost

Grow up.

The referee was much better than last nights imo. Although Chelsea should have had a pen for Piques handball, it was also never a read card. Redknapp completley monging out on sky sports was hilarious.

The referee was much better than last nights imo. Although Chelsea should have had a pen for Piques handball, it was also never a read card. Redknapp completley monging out on sky sports was hilarious.

I've read about the sending off, apparently Abidal was level, so wasn't last man. And contact was minimal if at all. Anyone want to clear it up for those of us gypos without Sky?

And why the fudge do ITV show highlights on a tuesday.. it's not so bad early on in the competition because you miss matches whilst watching the live one. But in the semi's it's stupid, they show highlights of the game they had on 30 minutes before and then you miss highlights of the other.

Right firstly last nights game.

United were immense. Ronaldo was immense. Deserved win and Deserved to go through over both legs. Gutted for Fletcher. No way was that a Red card or a penalty. He clearly won the ball then took out the man. If we are gonna start given free kicks and bookings out for that then we may aswell stop people tackling as half the time you do a tackle you're gonna take the man out after. If you get the ball first then no foul. EVERYONE I have spoken to even Arsenal fans don't think it was a foul.

Now on to tonights game

To be fair Chelski should have finished it off before Barca scored. But the ref was shocking absolutely shocking. Even though im a United fan you've gotta feel for chelski.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!