Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed mate. I don't think I've seen a team play this slick since Man United in their pomp at the beginning of the season.

I crave a Man.U Barca CL final now.

They've been unreal. 2-6. Unreal. (RM's defending has been poor at times though but credit to Barca, they've passed them to death.)

Trust me, Man Utd at there pomp was still not on the level of barca. Barca's passing and moving is on a whole different level. Plus I like the fact they play a genuine 4-3-3. Not this 4-5-1 dressed up as a 4-3-3 rubbish! Barca play 3 genuine strikers and it is fantastic to watch.

Barca are way ahead of real madrid. Real Madrid's football sucks and the fans and president are right to be upset in how they have played this season. Yeah they have been on a good run but they have struggled in games and the football is not on the level that real madrid fans and directors/president expect.

Do I want too see Barca vs Man Utd. Well if Man Utd play like they did vs Barca last season where in both legs they just sat back and defended then it wouldnt be a great too watch although I would love Barca to beat them as they deserved to win last season.

Edited by khilafah

Shite. Blues are 1-0 up against Reading.

Come ON Reading! Do you want to get promoted? :mad:

Evidently not, it seems. 2-0 to the Bluenosed wankers now.

Looks like we'll be playing The World's Most Deluded Football Club next season. :nono:

Oh well, 6 points for the Villa next season. :)

BAAHHH! I didn't realise Reading had got one back immediately afterwards. COME ON YOU BERKSHIRE BERKS!

And you, Sheff Utd. Get your pissing act together and get a bloody goal!

Aw, fuck it. :(

But chances are they'll go straight back down if they play like that next season. You cannot play like that against the Big Four.

Edited by Roostophe
Automerged Doublepost

<-- :weep:

I have to say, the real injustice is that out of us (Newcastle), Sunderland, Hull and Boro, two of us will stay up. None of the teams in the bottom five are premiership level based on current form, they're all absolutely woeful and as bad as each other. Would be surprised for any of them to pick up a point all season, except that us and Boro have a cripple fight next week where at least one of us have to get some points.

I don't know if theres any Stoke or Bolton fans here, but i'd much rather see them go down over Hull.. any day.

Part of what is so annoying about us goin down is that I fucking hate the way they generally play, especially when both teams can get the ball down and actually play some decent football.

Also whilst i'm semi-ranting.... Sam Allerdyce (sp?) can fuck right off. Why must he persist in turning teams shit (in terms of the football they play). Blackburn should have stuck with Ince rather than reduce themselves to Allerdyce's scummy football.

All that being said... Come on Villa : peace:

Hull going down is about the only chance we have of staying up

Tbh DuD, many people I've spoken to have said West Brom are like a crapper Arsenal (for lack of better words), you guys try and play good passing football, yet lack quality in certain positions. Definitely put in a decent performance against us at the Emirates during the first game of the season.

Tbh DuD, many people I've spoken to have said West Brom are like a crapper Arsenal (for lack of better words), you guys try and play good passing football, yet lack quality in certain positions. Definitely put in a decent performance against us at the Emirates during the first game of the season.

Kinda like what they say on MotD- WBA concede too many, score too few however in between they are capable of knocking the ball around fairly well!

Why do you want Hull to go down? Isn't good having little clubs in the prem?

Also, I want Newcastle to get relegated so badly, Hull winning would make it harder for Newcastle. Really hope Boro can get something out of the game.

Why do you want Hull to go down? Isn't good having little clubs in the prem?

Of course, thats why we're happy to let your boys hang about.

Tottenham aside, Hull lost all my respect after the FA Cup match. Phil Brown is a liar, he said he's never shook Arsene's hand after previous matches, there is video and photoraphic evidence of him doing so. And yet the FA will believe the opinion of a liar saying that our captain spat at his assistant, then changing his story to spat at his feet. It just reeks of bullshit, then to claim how he was dressed was disrespectful, **** off and top up your fake tan Phil.

I'd love to see that orange mackem bastard Phil Brown go down instead of us. Would piss off all of these "Oooh, oooh, I'd love to see Newcastle go down" wankers as well. Why the fuck do you care? Keep saying Newcastle aren't a big club and then Man U and Boro are fucking singing about us when they're playing each other, is anyone singing about West Brom and Boro going down? Are they fuck.

Heard the Stoke fans are going to the match with orange facepaint and fake mics :laughing:

There are plenty of clubs like Leeds, Forest, Charlton, Norwich, Ipswich and the Sheffield clubs lower down the divisions that deserve to be in the top flight more than plastic nothing clubs like Boro, Wigan, Bolton, Blackburn and Hull with their foam hands and crap fans, if you want to root for the underdog get behind those lot coming up rather than rooting for Hull to stay up.

Edited by BlueStar

That is fucking stupid... "oooh he was wearing a hoody as well... he must be guilty"

Yeah great logic that phil.

When Martis is fit our defence can almost be described as alright; in my oppinion its started to come together lately, just a shame its a bit late in the day.

Our attack hasn't been that bad either as of late. Fortune has been playing well, holding the ball and generally bullying defences, but hes got a decent shot in either foot so i'd like to see him get a couple of goals himself. Simpson has got great work ethic but he just hasn't seemed to have that much of an impact for us (as shown by the frequent use of Fortune as a lone striker); i'd have loved to have got Vela over Simpson, but that would never have happened.

Thankfully, the goals have finally started to come from midfield. Our lack of goals is something I havent fully understood this season (maybe they don't have the time they need on the ball to produce the same magic as last year). We got 88 league goals last term with a decent percentage of those coming from a largely intact midfield. A lot of those goals were also top corner efforts from a decent range, the players can't have lost the ability to do this, they just lack confidence to attempt it.

It almost makes me scream aswell just thinking about the number of keepers who have put in their best performance of the season against us, Gomes' antics at the weekend was just one in a long line of them :mad:

Putting in a decent performance and getting nothing for it has been the story of our season. The number of times the oppositions manager has said post-match that we deserved at least a share, if not all the points is just ridiculous. A notable example being Bruce after we shat on Wigan then went on to lose 1-0.

I'll stop here because I'm waffling thoughts out as they come to mind and probably not making much sense. i'm sure no-one can be arsed with reading a long post from someone bleating on about a team they don't support either. But just for anyone who solely relies on MotD to get their football (you may already know this): The footage shown on MotD can be so biased (in my oppinion), it's often edited to the point where i don't recognise a game after seeing it live only hours beforehand. nothing personal if you can only watch MotD, i've just got rather pissed off at some of the bullshit coverage they show us

I don't know what other people's experience of this is, but i'm sure anyone that goes to games themselves will agree with this.

Edited by DuD

I'm not really bothered in terms of being able to see my team play, because if i'm not at the game i stream it online. But the standard thing on a saturday night (if you're still in) is to watch MotD, and it just dissapoints me to hear uneducated comments about football because the bbc is showing people a completely different side to the game.

Its a shame really.

I'm not moaning about the time that they give to smaller teams, because at the end of the day the bigger teams have a larger following and therefore should get a longer time slot. I'm talking about the times when they do show something of us and make it appear as though we've been lucky to venture into the opponents half.

I'm not looking at it completely from West Brom's perspective, but did people know Defoe scored a 2nd for Tottenham against us but it was ruled out as offside?? that was also potentially a wrong decision, and so something to discuss..?

Two weeks before that against Man City (4-2 to city) both teams had a goal each dissallowed in that game, again major talking points again edited out by MotD.

Those are just 2 examples but it happens much more often with lesser decisions, to the point where they're showing a different game. Its just shit.

:EDIT:

I can tell you that the BBC gets complaints pretty much every week from people who think .... that the pundits hate their team

I think (as darksnowman pointed towards) the pundits are accurate when they analyse clips from West Broms games.

As I said though, when they're showing the match (before they analyse clips) they edit the footage to show the game however they like.

Edited by DuD
Automerged Doublepost

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!