NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

I dunno if we can beat Man City tomorrow. This slump might just continue.

I think it's going to be extremely tight at the end of the season. :hmm:

Need wins off united, everton, bolton, spurs (maybe a draw), and possibly fulham tonight... Yay, relying on other teams to keep us in it. :indeed:

May lady luck be with yous all. :)

Was at anfield last night for the sunderland game. I think the fans have given up hope, it was very subdued and the atmosphere was shite >.>

Results go our way tonight. And it leaves me wondering what the situation would be had we won 1-0 for those games we drew 0-0. Most of them we had enough chances to as well, and for one we had a disallowed goal.

Pressure is on now, and hopefully we'll be prepared should Villa slip up.

Satisfying 2 days of Premiership football. Lets hope we keep scoring and really fight for the champions league place.

Ooh to be...ooh to be a Villa fan. :indeed:

Pressure is on now, and hopefully we'll be prepared should Villa slip up.

You missed out the 'again'.

Well, tonight was a difficult game. Newcastle did really well in the first half, and probably should have gone two or three-nil up. But, we did well to come back into the match. I'm glad that both Rooney and Berbatov got onto the scoresheet. :)

We went behind, which is not something that has happened much this season. But, we showed great character to take any chances that came to us, whether it was the team who created them, or the opposition who made errors. Teams need the ability to just get through games, win, and move to the next. Now, on to Saturday. I can see many players being rested. Players like Ronaldo, Ferdinand and Evra, for example.

Edit: Senor Villan, Man City played well tonight. As such, you didn't win the game, but you need to just move on. The game has gone, you can't look back. Win the next one.

Aargh... so frustrating. But typical Newcastle. We can play with the best, and we gaffe better than anyone.

I suppose that's some comfort.

Edit: Senor Villan, Man City played well tonight. As such, you didn't win the game, but you need to just move on. The game has gone, you can't look back. Win the next one.

I didn't mean last night's game was a slip-up, I meant the times before. Such as when we failed to beat Wigan, Arsenal couldn't beat Hull at the same time.

You could also count our Boxing Day clash as a slip-up. We were fantastic in the first half and should have put the ball in the net a couple times. It was a slip-up that we allowed them to score two with their first two shots. Yet they didn't capitalise on that by either preventing us from getting our goals or scoring a third.

That...was what I meant.

Oh, and Villa have extended their sponsorship deal with Acorns for next season. Which I think is cool. More clubs need to have charities on the shirts, just to help football's reputation.

A colleague just made me chuckle, he saw me looking at the bbc football site and queried it, I told him I'm a bolton fan and he said ''Ah, so it's the glamorous side of football you enjoy''.

Oh and FA cup weekend, meh.

I didn't mean last night's game was a slip-up, I meant the times before. Such as when we failed to beat Wigan, Arsenal couldn't beat Hull at the same time.

You could also count our Boxing Day clash as a slip-up. We were fantastic in the first half and should have put the ball in the net a couple times. It was a slip-up that we allowed them to score two with their first two shots. Yet they didn't capitalise on that by either preventing us from getting our goals or scoring a third.

That...was what I meant.

Oh, and Villa have extended their sponsorship deal with Acorns for next season. Which I think is cool. More clubs need to have charities on the shirts, just to help football's reputation.

I guess when you look back on things, you think about all the things that the team could have done, but didn't. That's part of life. But, again, you can't change these things, which is why teams need to try to get things right on the day. But, that doesn't always happen.

Well, tomorrow is FA Cup Day. Wohoooo.

Hmm, Fulham vs Manchester United. We're going to be fielding a weakened team, I reckon - in preparation for the games ahead against Inter and Liverpool. So, I'm expecting Foster in Goal, maybe Johnny Evans in defence instead of either Vidic or Ferdinand, and probably Tevez and Wellbeck up front, like the Carling Cup Final, maybe. We'll see.

I think a 2-0 United win will be about right.

Big week for United. Fulham in the FA cup then Inter in champs league and Rafapool in the league next weekend.

Capable of winning them all but I feel a slip up coming.

Big week for United. Fulham in the FA cup then Inter in champs league and Rafapool in the league next weekend.

Capable of winning them all but I feel a slip up coming.

I'm banking on you chumps making three slip ups with the next three matches. :grin:

I'm banking on you chumps making three slip ups with the next three matches. :grin:

Yeah, we slipped up big time against Fulham. :heh:

Three of my favourite players had awesome games yesterday. Tevez, Carrick and Park. Three very under-rated, and sometimes criminally underused players that we have.

Also, note that we won without playing Berbatov, Ronaldo, Scholes or Giggs. Four match winners that will probably play against Inter. We did see Evans playing, and Tevez and Wellbeck did play, so some of my predictions were correct, but only Tevez started, heh.

A few dodge moments in defence but was pretty comfortable game in the end. Just a different class to Fulham.

Would love Burnley to do one over on Woolwich today. :)

So who have Arsenal got to play in the QF now?

Ooh, nice avvie, Emerald. :smile:

Thank you, Kyoto animation has such lovely art for the animes they make. Too bad the avatar filesize limit really restricts the gif's I can upload here. they are mainly in the 40kb range.

We have Hull to play in the quarter finals.

Don't I know it. KyoAni make awesome art. The anime in my av and sig was also made by KyoAni. :smile:

You'll probably shit all over Hull. I can't see them beating you again.

Yeah, Clannad, I only watched the first season though.

Well I hope it's as easy as you think it will be.

Eduardo's finish, sublime.

And Eboue robbed of £30, curse him having a good performance and ruining my bets. ;)

Liverpool are awesome to watch tonight, we are just all over Madrid and now a goal from Torres

Can't believe they tried appealling the goal because Torres "fouled". Very muggy!

Wow! Ballack is playing so well!!

And when I say 'well', I actually mean he can talk a long brisk jog off a short cliff.