NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

tbh I expected a Liverpool win today, mainly because they had to win to stay in touch at the top

What a fucking awful performance. Our defence which is usually so solid lapsed so seriously badly today. All four Liverpool goals were down to our poor defensive display.

Vidic had an awful game, and to be honest nobody really played well today. We didn't provide much decent service for the strikers, and it just didn't work. Liverpool were set out much better and seemed more up for it. I think this game meant more to them than it did for us.

I was laughing when Dossena's goal went in. That was a cracker of a goal! :o

Well done, Liverpool. But they've still got work to do to stop Man U winning the title.

I love that Vidic effectively caused two Liverpool goals and got a red card, he's gonna be feeling it. Entertaining game, Jamie Redknapp needs to get some bigger trousers though.

You know what, I'm actually physically angry about this game. We better win the league, which I'm sure we still will.

Didn't see the match but what a result! When I heard we were 1-0 down I thought that was it over...

Looking forward to MotD later!

Well that was a crock of shit.

Deserved win for Liverpool to be honest. We didn't turn up. You wanted it more and got it.

Torres was all over Rio and Vidic. If you keep him fit for next season I think you got a good chance in winning the league. We've gotta bounce back now and make sure we win that game in hand. If we lose the league from this posistion again like we did against Arsenal I'll be distraught.

Were still in with a chance, Fulham Away next for Man Utd, not the easiest game in the world. And anything other than a win would put us only 4/5 points behind.

So i still think we have a chance :)

you mean the same Fulham away fixture that they won 4-0 in the cup last week? ;)

Let's be honest, who in their right minds would want to play Manchester United after a defeat like this. It'll just make us more determined to secure the points to win the title. Hopefully, Fulham will be canon fodder.

Yeah there's still a chance that Liverpool (or Chelsea) could win the league but I can't see it happening at this point. :( It would be great if United slumped now but I doubt it will happen.

Yeah there's still a chance that Liverpool (or Chelsea) could win the league but I can't see it happening at this point. :( It would be great if United slumped now but I doubt it will happen.

Look what happened the last time we lost in the league (against Arsenal).

If it had been a 1-0 defeat, reaction would have been more 'meh', but 4-1 is such a battering; I think they'll be extremely fired up, especially after the telling off they are assumably getting, heh.

If it had been a 1-0 defeat, reaction would have been more 'meh', but 4-1 is such a battering; I think they'll be extremely fired up, especially after the telling off they are assumably getting, heh.

In a sense, the battering will have done us good, because I feel that the team have not been pushing or stretching themselves recently. Sure, we did the business against Inter and Fulham last week, but we could have won (the Inter game especially) much more convincingly, with the performance.

Can't wait til next week. We need a good performance.

It won't be en easy game against Fulham, especially with them coming off an awesome away performance for once. It also helps that they've got one of the best home records in the premiership (second only to Man Utd).

I didnt actually see an interview with Ferguson after the match but did he actually claim that United were the better side today???

You know what, I'm actually physically angry about this game. We better win the league, which I'm sure we still will.

Yeah, you better win the league... Or or the scousers will have their first legue trophy in 19 years.. I'm sorry but the whole 'we better win the league' just came across as horribly spoilt.

Watched the first 35 mins in the pub before making my way to the stadium, Liverpool deserved it from the off, the first Liverpool goal was a stunning finish by Torres.

4-0 win, Have to see that game tonight.

Definitely catch Arshavin's goal it is immense, just a shame he didn't get credited with the first goal.

Yeah, you better win the league... Or or the scousers will have their first legue trophy in 19 years.. I'm sorry but the whole 'we better win the league' just came across as horribly spoilt.

Given that we have started poorly this season, and then going on a run where didn't concede goals, and given the distance we have between Chelsea, Liverpool and all, it would be a real kick in the teeth if we managed to lose the league from this position. If it were Arsenal in this position, surely you'd see that, too?

Sorry if it came across as spoilt, which is why I've expanded on it there.

Given that we have started poorly this season, and then going on a run where didn't concede goals, and given the distance we have between Chelsea, Liverpool and all, it would be a real kick in the teeth if we managed to lose the league from this position. If it were Arsenal in this position, surely you'd see that, too?

Sorry if it came across as spoilt, which is why I've expanded on it there.

We've been in positions before where we've thrown it away in the last ten games. If you balls it away, you don't deserve to win it, how ever well you played previously.

Grrr...this is just like the Arsenal game. We've been immense, but Spurs have been so lucky it's injustice. :nono:

2-0 thank you :)

The pitch wasn't the greatest but we definitely deserved the win. Rangers really didn't create too much the whole game.