NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

You do realise that eight of our first-team players, such as Agbonlahor, Ashley Young, Barry and Milner, didn't even travel to Russia?

Not really, I just saw the result. Sorry for jumping it there.

1-0 to Man City, 3-2 aggregate.

EDIT: 2-0, both goals from Bellamy.

You do realise that eight of our first-team players, such as Agbonlahor, Ashley Young, Barry and Milner, didn't even travel to Russia?

It's an odd gamble. It all goes down to whether you rate the chance of Champions League football ahead of the UEFA Cup. Personally I'd rather see us push for silverware. But if O'Neill gets you guys into the Champions League, the cash generated will be a significant amount.

Tottenham out of Europe too, hopefully Man Utd do them over on Sunday so they miss out on Europe next season.

Looks like Rick Parry is leaving Liverpool at the end of the season then.

Unfortunately I doubt that will make much of a difference, I think if we are going to want to make a proper challenge for the title next year and not an on off one then Rafa will have to go.

I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool end up having to scrap it out for fourth place this year again. After such a promising first half of the season, argh.

Everton are bearing down on us and another frustrating 0-0 draw. The way things are going we might miss out on the Uefa cup as well.

Holy shit. Arsenal drew, Liverpool lost and Chelsea won?

Goooood times :D :D

Second place? What the f--

LOL @ Rafapool. Love it.

Cup final tomorrow. We (united) on form should win it but anything can happen at a cup final and im sure spurs will up their game. Be interesting to see if we start some of the youngsters who have got us to the final like gibson, wellbeck etc. They deserve to start.

So Rafa has thrown in the towel then. I can see Liverpool's top four place being seriously being at risk now, they clearly want to do well in the champions league, so they'll put all of their resources into that now.

Chelsea look like they're going to power on until the end of the season, so Man Utd need to watch that they don't start to drop points, a bad patch for Man U could spell disaster for their title hopes.

I'm predicting that both Everton and Villa will break the top four this season, what with Liverpool throwing in the towel and Arsenal struggling to score, Everton could very well find themselves in the top four if they keep up their form. We really need to beat Stoke tomorrow and hope that we keep a clean sheet, that will build up our confidence again and good results against Man City, Liverpool and Man Utd would make us almost dead certs for a Champions League place.

I have faith in Martin O'Neill and any Villa fan who is questioning his methods is crazy. It was definately disappointing that the fans who went to Moscow didn't get to see us win, but as hard as we fought for our UEFA cup place last season, our priorities should lie with gaining a Champions League spot and keeping Barry and Petrov at Villa park.

Getting to play European football at the highest level would be a fantastic achievement for the team, especially considering we were languishing mid table only three seasons ago, and it would be a great benefit to the club not only financially but also in terms of experience. I'm not saying that we could challenge for the Champions League title next season, but I think we'll definately perform well in the group stages, which would at least give us a place in the final 32 of the Europa league and if we were in that position next season we'd be much better placed to win silverware.

Excellent. Nice one Celtic, putting seven past Skint Midden. :grin:

Pretty cool for Nakamura to get a hat-trick. Good player, him. (Goal against Man Utd, anyone? :smile:)

Well that seemed like a lucky win, almost as lucky as last week, heh. Newcastle do have some decisions to moan about, but I don't care...we love the 3 points. Also was a lovely goal from Ricardo. :D

Know its Extra Time come on Manchester United.

Sort it out Man utd!!

Stoke just done me one favour today, complete the day ffs!!

Why does his ref not give any penalties?

Because Man Utd aren't playing at Old Trafford today.

Because Man Utd aren't playing at Old Trafford today.

Yeah I wish I could send him off.

Know its Half time on Extra Time.

Now it is Pens Come on Manchester United

Yes Manchester United won.