NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

It looked like Chelsea would threaten but in the second half it was clear that they wouldn't, little things like Anelka situated behind the play, receiving it and then just putting a floaty ball in... I don't think they wanted it enough.

I think I gained some confidence in United in the fact that Ronaldo wasn't much of a showpiece and I think they would have done fine without him today. Amazing how Giggs can still play well in centre mid. True Legend.

It looked like Chelsea would threaten but in the second half it was clear that they wouldn't, little things like Anelka situated behind the play, receiving it and then just putting a floaty ball in... I don't think they wanted it enough.

I think I gained some confidence in United in the fact that Ronaldo wasn't much of a showpiece and I think they would have done fine without him today. Amazing how Giggs can still play well in centre mid. True Legend.

Yeah, that's what I meant about Chelsea showing the potential, but having no product. You know players like Drogba, Joe Cole, Lampard and Deco can hurt you, but they just didn't seem to create anything. When they had the ball, it was all pass, pass, pass...and just nobody making any gambles. It was almost as if they were afraid to go forward and actually be dangerous.

Ronaldo worked well, but silently today, I think. The problem is that when you're someone of his quality, you expect so much of him. He's one of the best, if not the best. Today, he just seemed to get on with it, and I think he actually did much better today than he has done in many other games this season. For him, I think he just needs to take a step back and work for the team, and that's what he did today.

Giggs today was just immense. A true leader, and it shows what a superb knowledge of the game he has. He hasn't got as much pace today as he had maybe 5 or 10 years ago, but he has changed his game. In all honesty, I think he's become a different player in that time, and perhaps maybe an even better player without his pace than with it! His "football brain" is much like that of Paul Scholes. He reads things, spots when to make a good pass, and he still can inject some pace into his legs when he needs to. I fucking loved it when he marshaled the ball out of play, right from the legs of Bosingwa. Crowd in the stadium and in the pub gave him such a huge applause for that.

Yeah that was brilliant, but the loudest cheer from where I watched it was Drogba's air shot. They only pay him for his comical value :)

Yeah that was brilliant, but the loudest cheer from where I watched it was Drogba's air shot. They only pay him for his comical value :)

I'm a huge Giggs fan, so I give him extra attention, hehe.

Drogba was disappointing today. I was looking forward to seeing him giving our defence a test, but he didn't look threatening in the slightest.

Good news for Platty, Eddage and Myself...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7816780.stm

FA cuts prices for England games

The Football Association has cut the price of tickets for England matches in an attempt to boost attendances.

August's match with the Czech Republic was watched by 69,738 and manager Fabio Capello has been critical of the Wembley atmosphere.

The FA will reduce prices by up to 25% for the remaining matches this season.

"We want to make watching the national team as affordable as possible during this difficult period," FA chief operating officer Alex Horne said.

The price reductions will apply to England's home matches, with World Cup qualifiers against Ukraine and Andorra and a friendly with Slovakia at Wembley.

Sweet! Still wont be able to afford them if I don't find a bloody job though!

Still not enough in my opinion. £60 to watch England play Khazakstan was a joke.

These are the prices for the Ukraine match; £58.50, £48.90, £39 (for an Adult). That is disgusting, and I usually pay around £45 to watch the Arsenal every week. Most England fans aren't just fans of the national side, there's fans that a paying thousands into the sport as it is, being ripped by their clubs and now the national side.

Re-building Wembley was so badly managed, that fans are now paying for it by paying over the odds prices. Not to mention the stadiums horrible corporate bollocks and the sell out shit that goes on such as racing champions and nfl bollocks.

Still not enough in my opinion. £60 to watch England play Khazakstan was a joke.

These are the prices for the Ukraine match; £58.50, £48.90, £39 (for an Adult). That is disgusting, and I usually pay around £45 to watch the Arsenal every week. Most England fans aren't just fans of the national side, there's fans that a paying thousands into the sport as it is, being ripped by their clubs and now the national side.

Re-building Wembley was so badly managed, that fans are now paying for it by paying over the odds prices. Not to mention the stadiums horrible corporate bollocks and the sell out shit that goes on such as racing champions and nfl bollocks.

Woah, racing champions is amazing and so was the NFL match. Calm down =]

Saw the match on MOTD2, we were shocking and we all started laughing at Drogba's attempts on goal. The signal went down so I missed the 2nd goal =/ Oh well, we need to sort this scoring lark out! Phil Scolari needs to start showing he was worth getting.

Saw the match on MOTD2, we were shocking and we all started laughing at Drogba's attempts on goal. The signal went down so I missed the 2nd goal =/ Oh well, we need to sort this scoring lark out! Phil Scolari needs to start showing he was worth getting.

The guy probably just needs some time, as he has only been at the club for less than a year.

In all honesty, you shot yourselves in the arsehole when you and Mourinho parted ways.

I checked up on the BBC commentary thing and someone on 606 or something apparently called in and said they were in box next to Mourinho and heard him say Chelsea were half the team now than when they were with him. I'm inclined to agree, I'm not sure what Scolari has brought to this club compared to what Mourinho did. I'm not expecting miracles, but Scolari should be doing better than this IMO :indeed:

I checked up on the BBC commentary thing and someone on 606 or something apparently called in and said they were in box next to Mourinho and heard him say Chelsea were half the team now than when they were with him. I'm inclined to agree, I'm not sure what Scolari has brought to this club compared to what Mourinho did. I'm not expecting miracles, but Scolari should be doing better than this IMO :indeed:
He has a strange attitude that comes across in interviews sometimes, where he makes it seems as though he's not taking the job seriously.

I'm sure that's not the caes, but it's the impression he puts out! It's probably just a laid back brazilian mentality, but yeah I expected him to be doing better.

Hasn't Big Phil had a lot less money to splash than Mourinho did? Chelsea have a much leaner squad at the minute than they did a few years ago when they were dominating. As for Scolari's attitude, he might seem chilled out in interviews but he's got a weak vocab and has to express himself as best he can. If you need to see whether he cares or not about Chelsea then watch him in the dug out- and its clear that his mind is fully on the job.

It's all money spinning bollocks that shouldn't be taking place at the nation's football ground. Places like Earls Court are there for circus acts and such lark as racing champions.

As for the NFL don't get me started on the mess they made of the pitch. If the Arsenal board let NFL happen at our stadium, they'd be uproar from Wenger for destroying the pitch. Yet poor Capello's word means nothing to the FA.

Todays fans are treated like shit, where as the corporate 'customer' is king.

I like the way he asked the reporters to show them the medals they had won. He was pointing out he had won the world cup. I laughed when I read about it.

I've not heard much about the relationship between Scolari and Abramovich actually. I know its a tighter squad and the money isn't as available as it used to be but I'm sure we should be able to buy some decent players! Sell Belleti!

The guy probably just needs some time, as he has only been at the club for less than a year.

In all honesty, you shot yourselves in the arsehole when you and Mourinho parted ways.

You're telling me. Thought that since the guy left tbh.

It's all money spinning bollocks that shouldn't be taking place at the nation's football ground. Places like Earls Court are there for circus acts and such lark as racing champions.

As for the NFL don't get me started on the mess they made of the pitch. If the Arsenal board let NFL happen at our stadium, they'd be uproar from Wenger for destroying the pitch. Yet poor Capello's word means nothing to the FA.

Todays fans are treated like shit, where as the corporate 'customer' is king.

It's kind of the Tradition VS. Demand for sport. OK it's mainly (solely?) done to bring in money but it gives people the chance to go to the stadium, see new sports etc.

Personally I'd only prevent it if there was an England game within a few days of it. Don't they re-surface the pitch after every match? Otherwise you'd be playing on bumpy turf...

So it wouldn't really be ruining THE pitch it would be ruining A pitch, no?

I think FA cup semi finals should not take place in Wembley though, I don't think that was the right choice last year - only the winners deserve to get there in my view, no matter how tough that may seem on the lower sides.

Edit: damn, Evra is out for 4 weeks! There's loads of games in the next 4 weeks!

no they don't resurface it after every game, a pitch will recover if tended to properly

Ah right, which is why there shouldn't be any competitions before shortly before there is an England game.

Lets see if Southend can give us a giant killing, and hopefully Wigan can do us a favour.

Southend 1-0... can they hold on.

Hopefully they can score more.

Want Phil out Daft?

Do not know why Chelsea were marking zonally for the corner. I don't think Zonal Marking ever works for set pieces.

I'm not sure either way about him at the moment. I'm not sure if it's him or the players. Not too sure why but I think it's the latter.

We've been getting progressively worse at set pieces over the past couple years. It's a joke.

I'm not sure why we are playing a defensive midfielder tbh.

Well the big games are 1-0 at half time. Only Man U are winning and Chelsea are losing. Chelsea are coming undone.

Edit: Sure, equalize after I post Chelsea.