NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

Yeah, that's why I did the ....... as a trail off :)

PS Though I actually think we can challenge it!

Cup final in the bag?

I really hope Burnley turn you over now, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they did.

Cup final in the bag?

I really hope Burnley turn you over now, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they did.

Don't worry we'll hold him to it.

Big game today, hopefully we get the result needed. Though ravaged with injury and suspension I doubt we will. January transfer window couldn't come sooner.

Don't worry we'll hold him to it.

Big game today, hopefully we get the result needed. Though ravaged with injury and suspension I doubt we will. January transfer window couldn't come sooner.

Do it. I'd deserve everything I'll get if we lose :) But the fact it's over 2 legs doesn't help burnley much!! Going to the match too!!

Fucking hell, Villa should have just taken the lead against Arsenal.

Throw in from the left, great ball in from Young, and Milner was completely unmarked. Slid in to meet the ball, which hit the post and landed safely in the hands of a diving Almunia. So close.

Also, pretty pleased with the win against Stoke. 1-0, not convincing, but it's a win. My Man Tevez got the goal. :)

Oh my jesus! Davies hit the bar with a superb effort. Again, ball from the left hand side, into Davies, who held the ball wall, and he tried to lift it into the top corner. So close. Three times they've hit the woodwork now.

That left hand side of Villa is causing Arsenal so many problems.

Wow, Arsenal take the lead. You'll never see a more unjust lead taken in your lives. First time I can actually recall them being them in the Villa box. I'd love to see Villa get back into the game, and hopefully win the game.

Happy with the Liverpool win today and Keane getting 2 goals. I look forward to seeing the highlights tonight.

2-0 up now, doesn't look like it's gonna happen.

It's a shame. Villa haven't really done an awful lot wrong, and they're 2-nil down. Likewise, Arsenal haven't done all that much, and they're 2-nil up. All their best play has come after they scored.

What the hell. Villa are given a penalty, after some truely awful defending from Arsenal. Not a great tackle, completely the wrong side of the player, and Gareth Barry slots the penalty home.

2-1 to Arsenal, but come on Villa. You can do eet.

YES! Oh man, I just shouted like it was my own team. Zat Knight has got the goal for Villa! They've worked so hard all game, and hopefully they'll have earned themselves something. :)

You shouted? I screamed like a girl. :grin:

I was at the match. Brilliant atmosphere. Proper antagonising between both sets of fans. (I couldn't help but laugh when Villa fans sang "In-ger-lund, In-ger-lund, In-ger-land!...")

I was gutted that we went 2-0 down after we had been absolutely brilliant in the first half, and the side came out for the second-half almost half-asleep, but when we got the penalty (Was it a good decision? I couldn't see.) and scored, I became positive that we'll get the equaliser. We properly woke up after their second goal and even more so with our first.

Villa Park absolutely erupted when Knight scored. We knew we didn't deserve a loss but a draw was much better for us than for Arsenal. I'd never heard it so being loud there in my life. As it was, unsurprisingly, full attendance for the match, that should've been expected.

I don't think we will win the title (Although a part of me is dreaming because I know how bloody fantastic that would be.), but maybe we will crash the top 4. But I can always see Arsenal coming back and taking advantage if we were to slip up somehow.

That was a great match, though. And I'm delighted we managed to get a draw, even though we really could have won.

Well that's a shame, after that penalty I always had that sinking feeling we'd concede again late on, if only Van Persie got that third goal that ended up hitting the post maybe it would have been sealed. But I can't deny a draw wasn't deserved.

You shouted? I screamed like a girl. :grin:

I was at the match. Brilliant atmosphere. Proper antagonising between both sets of fans. (I couldn't help but laugh when Villa fans sang "In-ger-lund, In-ger-lund, In-ger-land!...")

I was gutted that we went 2-0 down after we had been absolutely brilliant in the first half, and the side came out for the second-half almost half-asleep, but when we got the penalty (Was it a good decision? I couldn't see.) and scored, I became positive that we'll get the equaliser. We properly woke up after their second goal and even more so with our first.

Villa Park absolutely erupted when Knight scored. We knew we didn't deserve a loss but a draw was much better for us than for Arsenal. I'd never heard it so being loud there in my life. As it was, unsurprisingly, full attendance for the match, that should've been expected.

I don't think we will win the title (Although a part of me is dreaming because I know how bloody fantastic that would be.), but maybe we will crash the top 4. But I can always see Arsenal coming back and taking advantage if we were to slip up somehow.

That was a great match, though. And I'm delighted we managed to get a draw, even though we really could have won.

I was listening to it on my phone with my headphones...oh god i swear my ears almost exploded when that goal went in. Wenger was angry and tbh he should be....at the way his team played in the second half. Because even though Villa were 2-0 down they definatley deseved a point from it.

A point is the least they deserved. For going 2-nil down, a point will see like a dream. But, they could easily have won the game. Arsenal weren't even in the game until they scored, and even then they were only half-convincing.

You know, I can't even remember how the crowd reacted, as I could only hear myself. You might have guessed, but I don't like Arsenal much.

Brilliant atmosphere. Proper antagonising between both sets of fans. (I couldn't help but laugh when Villa fans sang "In-ger-lund, In-ger-lund, In-ger-land!...")

You don't know how tired I am of hearing such terrace 'wit' and 'intelligence'. That aside, we're lucky to have got a point, should have been 3 or 4 down before Denilson even scored.

Don't deserve anything the way we're conceding and throwing points away, a harsh lesson that needs to be learnt. Wenger needs to see who needs to be replaced. I missed the match build up (was at relatives) why was Clichy on the bench?..

Wenger is good comedy value I have to say (with his comments regarding Villa's background staff). He needs to learn to keep his mouth shut.

United were as flukey as ever- Stoke deserved a point, and lets face it, Rooney lashed out with his elbow and Ronaldo with his foot and it went unseen. Dirty dogs.

Glad to see Liverpool get a convincing win. :smile:

I wish the Gunners had beat Villa actually! I thought it was class when they walked up and slotted two goals in despite all of Villa's efforts. It was like Villa were trying all they could to show that they are a worthy top four team. If Van Persie had only made it 3-0, eh. Still, a point for each team is fine too. :heh:

And what a lovely little goal by Frank Lampard.

great result for Celtic today, 1-0 win away to Rangers, re-opens the 7 point gap we had a couple of weeks ago

You don't know how tired I am of hearing such terrace 'wit' and 'intelligence'. That aside, we're lucky to have got a point, should have been 3 or 4 down before Denilson even scored.

"Wit" and "Intelligence" is not something you associate with the terraces at Villa Park. Most of our songs are either unoriginal and modified for our team or just singing somebody or the team's name over and over again.

The Arsenal fans had a good chant in "We've only had one shot! We've only had one shot!...", it was so good it sorta made my blood boil. (That warmed me up, actually.)

"Wit" and "Intelligence" is not something you associate with the terraces at Villa Park. Most of our songs are either unoriginal and modified for our team or just singing somebody or the team's name over and over again.

That kind of was the point, the chant isn't exactly clever and it's been done so many times. Most Arsenal fans couldn't care, we've got a pretty tolerant crowd who'd rather players were picked on football ability than nationality.

I know. I was agreeing with you. :smile:

Didn't stop me from laughing, though, when they sang it. :heh:

Funniest opposing chant I heard was the first game last season, Fulham fans started chanting Thierry Henry! Thierry Henry! And we just joined them, backfired horribly. They obviously thought we'd get upset because he'd left that summer.

That was stupid of the Fulham fans. :laughing:

No way could the Arsenal fans ever hate Henry even after he left like he did. Henry is not just a Gunners legend, he is a legend, full stop. :grin:

There was something quite similar with Villa: When Paul Merson left us and joined Walsall, he scored for them in a pre-season friendly against us. But the Villa fans cheered him on louder than the Walsall fans.

Because we still love Merson. He is a legend, just like Henry. :smile:

Paul Merson is an absolute legend. Even though he was a drunken twit some of the time and a bit rubbish on Sky Sports News.

Can't really argue with that. But he was a good player for both our clubs. (David Platt was good too. Well for Villa anyway, don't know about Arsenal.)

Bit like Gianfranco Zola for Chelsea, too. When he came to the Bridge recently heading up West Ham he got a huge round of applause from the Chelsea fans. Absolute legend; no Chelsea fan could possibly hate him or give him a negative reception after his outstanding service at Chelsea :D