NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

I wonder how many left by full time :rolleyes:

It's a semi final... doubt any proper fan would, regardless of the score.

Haha, Dyson and Ramar, uniting to fight the common enemy.

You are the Anti-Spurs.

Ah what a shame.

However if Spurs play like that in the final we'll be all over them. Think I would have feared Burnley more.

Haha, it's the ultimate anti-alliance :heh:

Though surely even Ramar must admit my posts in the football thread have been of a higher quality, weirdly, since I stopped watching football as I have no TV here.

Ah what a shame.

However if Spurs play like that in the final we'll be all over them. Think I would have feared Burnley more.

Hmmm, we seem to have a knack this season of playing well against the top teams, and playing abosolutely atrocious against lower teams. I really feel sorry for Burnley and their fans...

Question, as if the away goals rule isn't shitty enough, why is it only implemented after the end of extra-time? Is there actually a reason for that?

That rule just gave Spurs a huge advantage at the end of that match. They basically had another half an hour to score, so it was like a second chance.

Terrible ruling, I don't know why it's done like that for the League Cup. It's unfair to an extent, but at the end of the day it's the rules of the competition. And both teams knew that at the beginning of the tie.

Terrible ruling, I don't know why it's done like that for the League Cup. It's unfair to an extent, but at the end of the day it's the rules of the competition. And both teams knew that at the beginning of the tie.

I know both teams knew that, but it doesn't change the fact that it's an awful rule.

It's just a shame really. That extra time just gave Spurs the opportunity to re-group, and a chance to spare their blushes.

Really unfortunate for Burnley, just to get back to level terms on aggregate was enough to say that they deserved to go through.

So do Arsenal really need Arshavin? They say a deal is going through in the next 48 hours.

To be honest, I think we need a quality Defensive midfielder, not an attacking flair player..

So I heard we're in talks with Heskey and I JIZZED IN MY PANTS!

Seriously, though. He would be a good addition. He knows Martin O'Neill from their Leicester days and he is rather underrated. We don't seem to care that he played for Blues once, we just need some experienced strikers to help our youngsters.

So do Arsenal really need Arshavin? They say a deal is going through in the next 48 hours.

To be honest, I think we need a quality Defensive midfielder, not an attacking flair player..

I gotta agree. Obviously he would be a good addition... but I think the Gunners should be a bit more concerned with sorting out the back end of their team, like you say.

And Heskey to Villa? Wasn't he meant to be on the way back to Merseyside? :heh:

At this rate I just hope we buy him and be done with it. We've wasted almost all the window trying to buy him and if Wenger can't see the flaws in the squad then more fool him. The house of cards will come crashing down on him.

As for Heskey, top player, really rate the man. If Villa get him it would be a great signing.

Don't rate Heskey that highly, wouldn't be over the moon if he had of moved to Liverpool

I believe in MON to get the best out of Heskey and reproduce the form that made him an £11m player. :smile:

Can't believe Spurs took the lead, especially so early on.

But, we responded very well. Fabio is fucking awesome! He's like Rafael, but on the left! Ahhh!

Tevez and Berbatov have been out of this world. Second half is underway. Come on, United!

From what I'm watching Spurs players need their arses kicking. They don't seem to give a damn. Could be just a dodgy game for them but surely they should be fighting. I thought that's what Harry RedsNapper wanted?

The first half was pretty awesome, but the second hasn't been great. Carlos Tevez has run his fucking arse off today, and the crowd has really thanked him for this. One of my favourite United players. :)

Yeah Tevez performed well, he just needs to find a natural finishing ability.

Second half was boring, everything felt lothargic really.

From what I'm watching Spurs players need their arses kicking. They don't seem to give a damn. Could be just a dodgy game for them but surely they should be fighting. I thought that's what Harry RedsNapper wanted?

Trust me, this has been the story for the last 10 games. No tempo, ryhthm, bite, umph, desire, pace about the game at all. We just don't seem to give a damn, and just fuck about with the ball in the middle of the pitch - playing suicidal cross-pitch balls, and losing the initiative by backtracking when we find ourselves in a forward position. The worst thing about the game by far, was the lack of pressure on United when they were in possession. I was nearly screaming at the players all through the first half - it was painful to watch. We gave United the chance to pick out their passes and just ease the ball around the centre.

Forgot to mention, the quality of Carricks ball to Berbatov was phenomenal. Caught the centre backs off guard because it was played first time on the half-volley, dinked it over the top and Berbs finished nicely.