NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

Shearer gets on my wick on MOTD like, especially when he was all cocky about reid's tackles today.

I'm sorry, but those tackles were ridiculous. Ref was a twat for not not booking him on that tackle which bought down Kompany.

What happened to the Geordie boys yesterday? Usually a good crowd, up for a laugh after the game. Not yesterday.

And Barton got all he deserved, scummy bastard.

Barton is a dick head. simple as. He's probably get another bloddy chance as well. IMO the FA should throw the book at him, enough is enough....was glad to see Nasri standing up to him though!:heh::smile:

Well, that settles it then. :)

Also, despite Eboue's contribution to Van Persie's goal, I still hate the bugger.

I don't like Eboue as well (I don't think alot of other Arsenal fans do either) but I gotta admit he's been playing much better recently. I hope that continues.

Anyone else excited about today and all the potential transfers that could go through? I'm hoping Wenger buys......:heh:

I wonder if Liverpool have anything else in the pipeline other than Riera. I'm not sure how highly I rate him... he's another one of these "medium" players Rafa seems to buy in the hopes of them coming good a la Mark Gonzales, et al.

Despite how boring that match was yesterday, we did look kinda ok on the few ocassions that crosses got put in- Dossena was getting forward quite well.

And for the record: Shearer is a decent pundit :heh:, and Barton (as commendable as Keegan is being with him) should booted out of football.

Hahaha. :)

Just out of curiosity, what would you say is Eboue's best position? Should he be right back? Centre midfield? Right midfield? Personally, I've always thought he should be left back in the dressing room.

Right back in the Tottenham defence. Seriously though, the man doesn't have a decent position and I'm astounded he still gets picked ahead of other players in the squad. If we sell anyone today I'll be angry, unless its him.

I don't like Eboue as well (I don't think alot of other Arsenal fans do either) but I gotta admit he's been playing much better recently. I hope that continues.

Anyone else excited about today and all the potential transfers that could go through? I'm hoping Wenger buys......:heh:

Hmm, maybe he just needs time, then?

So far, no transfer news is coming about Arsenal, or Man United for that matter. Hmm, hopefully something will happen soon...I have work in an hour!

I wonder if Liverpool have anything else in the pipeline other than Riera. I'm not sure how highly I rate him... he's another one of these "medium" players Rafa seems to buy in the hopes of them coming good a la Mark Gonzales, et al.

Despite how boring that match was yesterday, we did look kinda ok on the few ocassions that crosses got put in- Dossena was getting forward quite well.

And for the record: Shearer is a decent pundit :heh:, and Barton (as commendable as Keegan is being with him) should booted out of football.

I actually quite liked the look of Gonzales. Has he been injured, because he could have done with a couple more starts.

Shearer is awesome. I'm also quite a big fan of Alan Hansen, haha.

Right back in the Tottenham defence. Seriously though, the man doesn't have a decent position and I'm astounded he still gets picked ahead of other players in the squad. If we sell anyone today I'll be angry, unless its him.

Hahaha. :)

I don't really rate the guy either. He's definitely a weak link in your team.

Edit: This just in: 1155: LIVERPOOL SIGNING

The Premier League club have signed Brazilian Vito Flora on a free transfer from Botafogo. The 18-year-old holds an Italian holds an Italian passport and the necessary international clearance has been received.

So far, that makes it Flora to Liverpool, Pavyluchenko and Corluka to Spurs, and Belhadj to Pompey.

So Liverpool buy another kid, how many of the young playes they've bought (not including Torres) has actually turned out to be any good?

So Liverpool buy another kid, how many of the young playes they've bought (not including Torres) has actually turned out to be any good?

No comment. :heh: Rafa hasn't got it entirely right there, has he? He needs to find a good balance between youth and experience. And no, "Lethal" Robbie Keane does not count.

A rumour is also doing the rounds that Paulo Ferraira may be moving to West Ham. Hmm, dunno about that. A good buy for them if they can get him, though.

Edit: Oh man, getting a lift to work in ten mins, and still no United news. :( Can't use the internet at work either, fuck piss shit.

Don't worry if you sign anyone it will happen after 9pm, I guess you'll be home then?

Big news today is that Thaksin has sold Man City. No surprise, now the bastard can be locked up without bringing the league into disrepute.

What the christ is going on at Man City, I must admit it would be hilarious if they do sign Berbatov.

I actually quite liked the look of Gonzales. Has he been injured, because he could have done with a couple more starts.

Shearer is awesome. I'm also quite a big fan of Alan Hansen, haha.

Yeah, Gonzales has disappeared hasn't he...? That would be because he has since been loaned out, and then sold on to Real Betis- iirc. Maybe should check that, but he's defo gone now. And to think Rafa touted him as being the best Chilean player and all, lol.

I have no idea about this lad Flora- do we really need another striker though? We've also signed some young keeper too. Lets hope for Riera then because in comparison, he would be a major signing. :heh:

Alan Hansen is great too. Its amusing the way he tries to mark his territory on MotD by talking over Shearer- he gets to speak a bit more these days, but last season Hansen kept him quiet. :laughing:

What the christ is going on at Man City, I must admit it would be hilarious if they do sign Berbatov.

Man City getting someone like Berbatov and/or David Villa would be immense!

SSN breaking news bar says Spurs have refused permission for Man U to talk to Berbatov and have accepted a bid from Man City. Would be hillarious that, Taggart would be fuming.

Sky Sports News guy says that a top ten club is in contact with us to take Joey Barton off our hands. Paper talk last week had a freind of Barton saying Portsmouth were interested in him.

I dont think they expect to sign him. Theyve also placed bids for Villa and Gomez.

Why in hell would anybody want to sign Barton?

Well once he's no longer in black and white there won't be page after page of "JOEY ADOLF SHIPMAN HUNTLEY SADDAM BARTON IN GOES DOWN TO MORRISONS SHAME -TURMOIL IN TOON! TOON IN TURMOIL! DID KEEGAN KINOW?!" every Sunday so they might get a half decent player on the cheap who could do a job out of the spotlight.

LMFAO this reminds me of when chelsea were bought, they went on a spending spree. It could be an interesting season if Man City get any of the targets, and also im sorry to see Finnan go i liked him, Liverpools loss is Espanyol's gain.

Oh and /wave to Voronin, dont think he will ever be back in a liverpool shirt again.

Yeah im sorry to see Finnan go aswell, he was a pretty good crosser of the ball and got forward more than Arbeloa does I think.

At least weve got Riera now, just hope hes actually worth it because we really needed a good winger.

I hope Arsenal buy someone....so far, theres been absolutely nothing.

sigh.

I hope Arsenal buy someone....so far, theres been absolutely nothing.

sigh.

It's always the way, who'd have thought we'd buy Diarra last window.

so Tyrone Mears has joined Marseille on loan from derby. Is he actually any good? Never really watched Derby last year so have no idea what he is like.

All this Berbatov talk is driving me crazy. I know his choice would be to go to United but Spurs seem not be be talking to them.

Berbatov does NOT have permission to be at Man U lol, if he signs he has to buy out the rest of his contract :P

Despite what Sky Sports seem to think, there is absolutely no way Berbatov would be having a medical if United hadn't had a bid accepted. It appears Man City have moved onto Robinho now though :D