Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

Be a good warm-up match for us to get us started. :smile:

3-1

3-1

3-2

3-1

4-1

How many will we put past you this time? ;)

Wtf was that shit.

...ooh, bollocks. :(

Fuck. Morton were thrashed 5-0 yesterday. I bet Villa end up losing today completing an unwanted hat-trick!

Goal 1; Wilson shouldn't have let Cousin past, Boruc shouldn't have been beat at the front post

Goal 2; Why was there so much space to make the cross and take the shot?

Goal 3; Not alot you can do about a strike like that

Goal 4; Boruc doesn't even need to catch it.

And then don't get me started on Venegoor.

So what does this banner say at Villa Park that all the 5 Live commentators are refusing to read out..?

Not happy with Liverpool once again. Benitez needs to stop playing these stupid formations. Why the hell is Keane on the left???!!!

C'mon the Gers!

I've watched some of the Liverpool match- not exciting, but we are containing Villa ok so far. There was only one chance, which in fairness, Carew should likely have scored. Not much happening at t'other end. N'Gog is on for an injured Torres which should be... interesting.

Bullard been called up to the England squad. Interesting.

Awesome. I love that dude. :smile:

England squad to play Andorra and Croatia:

Robinson (Blackburn), James (Portsmouth), Green (West Ham)

Lescott (Everton), Bridge (Chelsea), A Cole (Chelsea), Terry (Chelsea), Brown (Manchester United), Ferdinand (Manchester United), Johnson (Portsmouth), Upson (West Ham)

Barry (Aston Villa), J Cole (Chelsea), Lampard (Chelsea), Bullard (Fulham), Beckham (Los Angeles Galaxy), Downing (Middlesbrough), Bentley (Tottenham), Jenas (Tottenham)

Walcott (Arsenal), Rooney (Manchester United), Defoe (Portsmouth), Heskey (Wigan).

No Michael Owen in the side... Interesting. Rooney and Walcott should start upfront I think.

Barry and Bullard in the centre, Cole on the left and Bentley down the right. Dropping Lampard because he never does anything for England, Bullard will work his ass off. Possibly even drop Rooney as he hasn't played well for England for years, Defoe instead of him. I want to see Agbonlahor in the squad too.

Terry and Ferdinand in central defence, Cole on the left and Brown on the right.

Green to play in goals.

Winning formula right there, get rid of the people who don't perform and bring in new guys.

Bullard wont start, but I would like to see him get a run as what is the point of selecting someone if not?

Not sure who I would start with up front to be honest. Give Rooney and Heskey a go I reckon.

Although I'm a gooner, I can't see Walcott starting.

I would love to see Agbonlahor. Or Ashley Young. I rate both ever so highly!

------------------James

---Brown--Terry-------Rio--A.Cole

-------------------Barry

------Bently------------------J.Cole

------------------Rooney

-----------Defoe---------Heskey

But we all know Becks and Fat Frank will start *sigh*

I want to see Rooney and Walcott, but theres no big centre forward in that situation. Maybe Heskey and Rooney...it's actually quite a tough decision for a few reasons:

Rooney is a match winner, and potentially one of the best players in the world.

Heskey is tall and powerful, a presence we do need up front.

Walcott is fast and very talented (didn't see his last goal for arsenal but aparently it was a spectacular finish - if it's anything like the run he made against Liverpool in last years Champions league quarter final then :o)

Finally Defoe, probably one of my least favourites, but two goals against Everton gives him a fighting chance to be in the line up too.

bah, dunno

Shearer gets on my wick on MOTD like, especially when he was all cocky about reid's tackles today.

What happened to the Geordie boys yesterday? Usually a good crowd, up for a laugh after the game. Not yesterday.

And Barton got all he deserved, scummy bastard.

God, the England manager is spoiled for choice really, except with strikers. Not totally convinced with Downing being in that squad, but if he does put in a good performance or two, then good. I think now it's time for certain players to just step up and show what they're made of.

Well done to Bullard for getting into the squad. Goodluck to him. I want to see him do well, I quite like the guy.

Also, with regards to today's fixtures, I'm happy with the Chelsea and Liverpool result. God, Liverpool really didn't look all that great today. So, it just shows that all teams have dips in performances. Hopefully our draw against Newcastle in our first match of the season won't hamper our progress too much.

What happened to the Geordie boys yesterday? Usually a good crowd, up for a laugh after the game. Not yesterday.

And Barton got all he deserved, scummy bastard.

I'm pretty disappointed with Newcastle. I thought they've been promising in their first two games, but they were pretty poor against Arsenal. Gah. Well done.

Also, can't say I'm surprised about Barton. Like you say, he got what he deserved.

I'm pretty disappointed with Newcastle. I thought they've been promising in their first two games, but they were pretty poor against Arsenal. Gah. Well done.

Also, can't say I'm surprised about Barton. Like you say, he got what he deserved.

Did you think we played poor, or was it just Arsenal playing well. Becuase I think Arsenal made almost unstoppable shots. I mean Given was giving 110%.

Did you think we played poor, or was it just Arsenal playing well. Becuase I think Arsenal made almost unstoppable shots. I mean Given was giving 110%.

Hmm, maybe it was probably due to Arsenal's performance. Saying that, I don't think they were anywhere near as sharp as they were against Man United.

Newcastle were poor. We weren't even at our best. We missed far too many chances, lost posession in midfield far to easily (cheers Eboue and Denilson). I recall Newcastle crossing the half way line about four times, West Brom threatened more. Not to mention we were denied a stone wall penalty early on, when The Hair Bear Bunch floored Van Persie.

Newcastle were poor. We weren't even at our best. We missed far too many chances, lost posession in midfield far to easily (cheers Eboue and Denilson). I recall Newcastle crossing the half way line about four times, West Brom threatened more. Not to mention we were denied a stone wall penalty early on, when The Hair Bear Bunch floored Van Persie.

Well, that settles it then. :)

Also, despite Eboue's contribution to Van Persie's goal, I still hate the bugger.

We all know Eboue slipped. ;)

Hahaha. :)

Just out of curiosity, what would you say is Eboue's best position? Should he be right back? Centre midfield? Right midfield? Personally, I've always thought he should be left back in the dressing room.