Spore Creature Creator Trial is out.

DiemetriX

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stefkov

Chris I like some of yours.

Anyone recognise who this guy is? It's a shame there is more options to customise. There's plenty in there now but more would be really good, like more colour options.

cre0683bba4smlkd7.jpg

I was just about to buy the full pack when I read about something called Extended Download Service which let me have the game for two years instead of six months. Am I just reading it wrong, or am I only allowed to have it for a limited amount of time?

Guest Stefkov

Yes! When I said it's a shame there aren't more options, fluffier fur would have been awesome so you can create the mini dust creature that helps Kamajii.

Guest Jordan

With an ancient thing like that? Its probably an AGP... i'm not sure if anyone even makes AGP cards anymore...

I'm a bit underwhelmed and Eurogamer puts it best:

The problem is that while the game's capable of enormous variety, that variety is really solely aesthetic. You add a mouth, it can eat. If you add a jaw, no matter how much you change its dimensions, it'll bite at the same strength. Add more leg parts to add more speed. Add more armour parts to add more health. No matter whether one character is enormously fat with tiny stumpy arms and another is a spindly, long-limbed giant; as long as it's got the same claws at the end of its body, it'll strike as hard. If it's got the same number of legs, it'll move as fast. You don't get to do things like - say - play with novel limb lengths to create a creature with more range, or add muscle in areas to make a weapon stronger. This isn't robot wars. This is doodling a robot.

This is why I HATE f*cking c*nting computers!!! Just as I was saving, the f*cking thing crashed and I lost my favourit creature. I'd written an awesome description down and everything...AAAARGHH!!!

This is the one I lost...damn it...

2611095374_aa3f08b066_o.png

They got it right. I got a feeling this will be less the awesome evolution game we thought it would be and more a sims game with further customisable avatars.

Agreed. The Creature Creator has convinced me not to buy the full game. It's good to start with but then you notice the massive amount of limitations and that the actual designing isn't really that important.

• 2 weeks later...