N-Europe

Euro 2008: Who Will You Support?

Daft

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling the Portuguese fans will lynch someone this year, if they don't win. Just a hunch.

Little did I know how right I was... There were some stabbings in Av. dos Aliados (here in Porto), when Portugal lost.

The creepiest part, I was at the exact spot the stabbings ocurred. It could've been me and my friends, if we hadn't left early.

I'm actually glad Portugal lost, or else I could be dead right now...

Germany had far more scoring opportunities than the Portugese. Most attacking play by Portugal was predictable. The team didn't really seem to have much chemistry.

Germans didn't play brilliant either, but they showed a huge improvement over the Austria match. Their copying of the Dutch 4-2-3-1 approach showed good results. Their defense still sucks and they only scored because of some weak defending, but still, this won't be a walkover.

although Portugal showed some nice attacking football they still seemed a bit suspect at the back and could be punished by a more effective team than Turkey :)

bringing up my own prediction from after Portugal's first game ;)

don't get a more effective team than the Germans

oh and dull quarter final tonight, Olic missed a sitter though for Croatia

Still Turkey have held on to extra time. The question is can they hold out for penalties or will they attempt for a winner? Croatia look more like they can find a winner, for Turkey it'd be down to luck.

EDIT: Wow, Turkey came close twice in the past few minutes, they finally seem to be attempting to win the match.

EDIT2: w00t! Croatia won by Keeper error.

It's 1-0

Fucking Hell!

The board goes up, and tells both teams and the crowd that there is a minute left to play.

Croatia get flagged offside. Rushtu takes the freekick, launches it into the box, and Turkey score!

Unbefuckinglieveable. I've never seen anything like it...

Why on Earth did they leave it til NOW before they gave it a go?

Unreal. Totally unreal.

Moreso because even the shite games have moments of awe.

Exactly, this was a contender for worst match of the tournament..and yet the ending was fantastic.

I'm still hyper, just been explaining it all to my Mum. :D

Penalties, here we goooo.

Come on, Turkey!

Exactly, this was a contender for worst match of the tournament..and yet the ending was fantastic.

I'm still hyper, just been explaining it all to my Mum. :D

Penalties, here we goooo.

Come on, Turkey!

Yeah, same. No football atm..typical of the game...noone knew where it was.

Oh well, Croatia miss...