N-Europe

Euro 2008: Who Will You Support?

Daft

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a joke france have been. I predicted before Euro 2008 started that they would get knocked out in group stages. Domenech and has terrible tactics and style of play is most of the problem.

1-0 down and you rake off Nasri for Boumsong who already came on for Ribery. Why not take off Makalele. Nasri was wasted in the tournament and might aswell of stayed in Marseille.

He should be sacked and few players should be gone for good:

Henry, Coupet, Thuram, Sagnol, Makalele, Viera all need to go.

Yeah, the French were horrible. That substitution really showed what an incapable coach Domenech is. You're behind, you're a man down, and you must win at all costs - no one would subsititute a talented offensive midfielder for a defender, but Domenech did.

Also, how powerless were the Romanians? It's like they were completely drained... Stekelenburg's shirt was as spotless as it was before the match...

what a joke france have been. I predicted before Euro 2008 started that they would get knocked out in group stages. Domenech and has terrible tactics and style of play is most of the problem.

1-0 down and you rake off Nasri for Boumsong who already came on for Ribery. Why not take off Makalele. Nasri was wasted in the tournament and might aswell of stayed in Marseille.

He should be sacked and few players should be gone for good:

Henry, Coupet, Thuram, Sagnol, Makalele, Viera all need to go.

Do you think Anelka should go to? I thought he played horribly this tournament. I guess hes to young to go but I think he should be looked at as someone that needs to improve.

France are odd the last decade they have gone from world champions to euro champions to world finalists to disaster in this campaign.

Still even though its a decline at least they have achieved all that better than England :(

Ironically, I don't like the French team. I like one or two of their players like Sagnol, Thuram, Makalele and Anelka but I dislike the team as a whole and I'm happy enough that they are out. Anelka is a class act but he's lost form since moving to Chelsea and I'm not sure he has ever produced his best for France...?

Anyway, more to the point is that Italy made it through! I was confident that results would go the right way for the Italians, but up until it became 1-0 I was starting to think it was gonna go against em cos of all the chances Luca Toni was spurning. Spain in the quarters is gonna be tough, especially with both Gattuso and Pirlo suspended - or is it just Pirlo? Either is a big loss, both is a huge loss.

pirloblog2.jpg

Or is that "Pearl-o" as Motty was saying.

Do you think Anelka should go to? I thought he played horribly this tournament. I guess hes to young to go but I think he should be looked at as someone that needs to improve.

France are odd the last decade they have gone from world champions to euro champions to world finalists to disaster in this campaign.

Still even though its a decline at least they have achieved all that better than England :(

If Anelka does not get 1st team football he should not be in the squad. He looks so low on confidence at the moment. I think Benzema should start with another who is in form (cisse, gomis, anelka or whoever). Henry will 33 come world cup so there is no need for him to still play.

The next manager should build the team around Ribery and Nasri.

Yeah, I can't quite believe how much offensive talent France has, and yet they still play with four defenders and two defensive midfielders. It's really ridicilous.

I think Henry should stay though, maybe not as a base player, but he's still a class act. Same goes for Vieira and Coupet.

Hope Domenech gets sacked for a more daring coach.

It's been a great tournament so far, I've enjoyed every second of it.

However, the France-Italy match yesterday was a bit disappointing for me. They say that a great manager, like a great teacher, should be able to inspire his youngsters. I just don't see that inspiration with the French at all, and it is difficult to see at times with the Italians.

For me, the team of the tournament is a toss between Turkey and Holland. The never-say-die attitude of Turkey against the fluidity and magic of the Dutch. It's been great watching these two teams.

Yeah, I can't quite believe how much offensive talent France has, and yet they still play with four defenders and two defensive midfielders. It's really ridicilous.

I think Henry should stay though, maybe not as a base player, but he's still a class act. Same goes for Vieira and Coupet.

Hope Domenech gets sacked for a more daring coach.

you know he proposed to his GF at the press conference last night.. He is crazy!! Talk about wrong time and place.

you know he proposed to his GF at the press conference last night.. He is crazy!! Talk about wrong time and place.

Is that true?!

Haha, great. Maybe he was expecting her to say no, so he tried getting all the bad vibes out of the way in one day?

COME ON RUSSIA!

In MotherRussia, football kick you!

Oh hells yeah.

Have to admit though, I couldn't decide at the end if I wanted Portugal to score. On one hand, another 30mins of the game would have been awesome, but then Portugal might have won :p

Germany as always building up as the tournament progresses.

Fucking knew that the germans would steamroll their way to the final. Ah well, at least they are playing well by the sounds of it. Been a really good tournie. As I said before, one to rival euro '96

I doubt they'll have the energy needed for the next match.

Never, count out the germans.

I had a feeling Germany and Holland would do well this year. Germany looked great today, and would give any team a run for their money.

Overall, they look solid. Defensively, pretty sound. However, when they need to score goals, they can do so. Quietly, they go about their job.

I was kinda willing Portugal to go forward at the end, and maybe score another. Purely because I didn't want the match to end. The first half was miles better than the second, but it was a very good match in whole. A very good tournament so far. Can't wait for the next match. :)