N-Europe

Clone Wars Heads To The Wii

Hero-of-Time

Over at IGN they have posted a pic of the back of the instruction manual from Lego Indiana Jones which shows a Clone Wars game is coming to the Wii and DS. There is no sign of other formats on the advertisement so it looks like it could be Wii/DS exclusive!

The game looks to be based on the new animated movie which is set to hit the cinema sometime in the summer.

lego.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

0000145380wn8.jpg

Star Wars™ The Clone Wars™: Lightsaber Duels™, in development by Krome Studios exclusively for the Wii, delivers fun-filled Lightsaber battles for the entire family while it immerses players in the characters, locations, and epic duels from the all-new Star Wars animated TV series. Built from the ground-up for the Wii, Lightsaber Duels features an intuitive motion-controlled combat system that puts the Lightsaber™ weapon in your hand for non-stop fun.

Jedi’s distinctive weapon is now within any player’s grasp.

• Fight the most memorable duels from The Clone Wars feature film and TV series.

• Wield your Wii Remote like a Lightsaber and experience first-hand the unique weapon of the Jedi knights with intuitive controls, so no matter what your gaming experience you can become a Lightsaber master.

• Play with your friends as your favorite Clone Wars hero or villain – from familiar characters like Anakin Skywalker and General Grievous to new faces like Ahsoka Tano and Asajj Ventress – each with a unique fighting style and set of skills.

• Exploit your interactive surroundings to defeat your opponent: slice down pillars and Force throw them against your foe.

• Duel your way through significant Clone Wars locations, such as Tatooine and Teth.

From the press release, the game sounds suspiciously like a reskinned version of The Force Unleashed's multiplayer mode. Especially as it's made by the same developer as the Wii version of The Force Unleashed.

dear lord I hate the art style.. Why couln't they make it look like clone wars the actual cartoon.. in other words celshade it.

Probably because they want to sell it alongside the film and next series of Clone Wars.

Yeah, jeez people. Can you not be pleased? The graphics in that one shot look better than most Wii games at the moment and the art style is hardly terrible. So what's the problem? Be a little more optimistic.

Didn't you get the memo? It's cool to hate. Specially Star Wars.

Also, there is no movie per se, the movie is just the first episodes of the show together to jumpstart it.

Didn't you get the memo? It's cool to hate. Specially Star Wars.

Also, there is no movie per se, the movie is just the first episodes of the show together to jumpstart it.

Didn't know that's the case (don't think it is actually), it's showing in cinemas nevertheless, so I'm calling it a movie ;). And I for one, will be seeing it. It looks cool, and personally I found the clone wars and the clone wars animations to be the best things to come from the new trilogy (I hated pretty much the rest of it, I really only enjoyed part II of the movies). I do like the look and sound of this, so I'll be looking forward to it.

.......i didnt know there was going to be a film...bloody hell im out of touch here I better look this stuff up..:D
Trailers:

I don't like it when you can tell they've intentionally reversed Yoda's lines, especially to the point where they aren't easy to follow:

"Find the renegades.. that hold Jabba's son.. your mission will be.... Skywalker"

He only ever said the ocassional word out of place, not the whole bloody sentence the wrong way round!

EDIT: New Screen

star-wars-the-clone-wars-20080618004650319.jpg