N-Europe

Biggest Let Down Ever!

Kirkatronics

again this can all be summarised with yoiu found the game too hard!

your right nobody could play the damn thing..its difficult to get tinto but its anything but dull.great music,graphics,speed...maybe youd prefer cheating powerups like mario kart sigh..it stands as one of the most skillful racers.

I didn't find it that difficult, I mean I completed the game (apart from the last few cups on expert which frankly were never meant to be won by any normal human - you needed some sort of genetically engineered fingers or something) and did the story mode and everything. It wasn't that I found it too hard, it was that nobody I knew could play it at all, and when I bought it I expected a single and multiplayer game, which was why it was a let-down.

I do enjoy mario kart, purely because when you get all your mates round and they've never played it before they can easily get into it, but with F-Zero they all got sick of falling off the edge within the first 30 seconds of a race.

Yes it was fast, and yes it looked great (as I said first time) but to me there just wasn't much about it that kept me wanting to come back after I had gotten all the ships and unlocked all the cups.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(apart from the last few cups on expert which frankly were never meant to be won by any normal human - you needed some sort of genetically engineered fingers or something)

The last few cups on expert were very easy compared to most of the story mode.

Guest Jordan

Just because a game is difficult (or perhaps overly difficult) doesn't mean its a bad game. Lets distinguish that...

but thats the thing... It's pure skill.. there is no luck in f-zero gx.. :)

Well, there was that one time, in one of the Master Cups, where I just needed to finish the final race (The second Big Blue one) in a decent place. I was in 7th, in that final narrow passage, and I used my last booster, to avoid being hit by the guy behind me.

The guy also used his booster, and poked me in the back, breaking my car. I cursed.

A few more cars passed me by, when suddenly one of them hit my dead carcass, propelling me with great force, surpassing several other cars, and crossing the line, finishing the race in 9th. My jaw dropped, as I managed to win the championship with such a lucky break.

It's still my favourite finish ever, though.

But yeah, it's mostly skill. :heh:

I didn't find it that difficult, I mean I completed the game (apart from the last few cups on expert which frankly were never meant to be won by any normal human - you needed some sort of genetically engineered fingers or something) and did the story mode and everything. It wasn't that I found it too hard, it was that nobody I knew could play it at all, and when I bought it I expected a single and multiplayer game, which was why it was a let-down.

I do enjoy mario kart, purely because when you get all your mates round and they've never played it before they can easily get into it, but with F-Zero they all got sick of falling off the edge within the first 30 seconds of a race.

Yes it was fast, and yes it looked great (as I said first time) but to me there just wasn't much about it that kept me wanting to come back after I had gotten all the ships and unlocked all the cups.

You got a point there. The single-player is awesome, but the multiplayer was poor, and should've been better.

But the whole "falling off the edges" thing is a bit odd. It happens in every racing game. If you go off the road, you get far behind. When you go off the road in F-Zero, it happens the same as in Mario Kart, except it's faster.

Also, most people I know could control their cars somewhat fine (as long as they didn't use the booster).

But yeah, I can see your point.

Oh no I totally agree with you Jonnas :) Seriously I'm not saying it was a bad game, and I imagine that if all my friends had the game too and could practice and stuff it would be really fun and a great multiplayer game. But sadly very few people actually have the game so nobody I knew could enjoy it.

I'm not saying it's a bad game, or a badly made game, just that for me I was expecting more from it. The hype was a bit too much for me.