NEurope
marcel

MadWorld

340,000 is better then I anticipated, especially for such a niche game.

No, don't you know, anything on the Wii that does not make it to a million in sales is a total bomb.

But if this came on the 360/PS3 it's not a bomb at all.

That's what I heard from gamers anyway.

D'you know... I don't really like this game. I'm about 3 hours in and it all appears to be so pointless. Yes, there's a story and the presentation is good, but the commentary is dull, the action repetitive and the layout is confusing. Am I missing something?

D'you know... I don't really like this game. I'm about 3 hours in and it all appears to be so pointless. Yes, there's a story and the presentation is good, but the commentary is dull, the action repetitive and the layout is confusing. Am I missing something?
No I felt the same way, and stopped playing after the Tornado boss.

I didn't even really like the presentation, there were times when I found it difficult to make stuff out, I mean you knew what it was, but there was no definition.

It just got old for me REALLY quickly.

It's definitely not a game for everyone. Sometimes it can be hard or difficult trying to make some things out, but on the whole it's an enjoyable game for me. The other thing is that I can definitely see how it can be repetitive. The problem is with this particular type of game, it can get old quickly if there isn't too much to do and if you play it for too long. So, it worked for me playing it in segments.

For a sequel, increasing the number of things to do is a no brainer. But, that's by no means to say that it's a boring game to play. I get tons of fun from it. However, in a sequel, I'd like to see tons more weapons and more things to do to your enemies. Impaling them is fun, but I want more.

No, don't you know, anything on the Wii that does not make it to a million in sales is a total bomb.

But if this came on the 360/PS3 it's not a bomb at all.

That's what I heard from gamers anyway.

hahaha. It'll be interesting to see how No More Heroes sells on the other consoles.

Having just bought the game, I am three hours in, and I find it amusing but nothing more. Just 30 minutes into the game I thought "This is kinda repetitive", and it hasn't changed. The "Bloddbath challenges" are kinda fun but nothing more. I easily get bored with the main course and just smack the enimies until I have enough points to go to the boss, which is the only real challenging part of the game. It's really stylic and all, but it really lacks variety and a meaning.

I got Madworld today as I saw it in Comet for £4.99.

I wasnt sure if its my sort of game or not, but for £4.99 I will give it a go.

No I felt the same way, and stopped playing after the Tornado boss.

I didn't even really like the presentation, there were times when I found it difficult to make stuff out, I mean you knew what it was, but there was no definition.

It just got old for me REALLY quickly.

I agree really. I thought it was amazing for the 1st level. But then the 2nd level was the same. I like it enough not to sell it though.

MadWorld 2?

Shigenori Nishikawa, the director of Madworld, has told Official Nintendo Magazine that Platinum Games would be interested in making a sequel to Madworld.

"I think MadWorld was very well received and was acknowledged for its innovative graphical style and gameplay. We would definitely be interested in making a sequel in the future," he said.

Describing the Wii as "a very well-balanced piece of hardware," Nishikawa clearly likes the idea of making more mature games for the console even if that would appear to go against a statement from a Sega development director last week.

Sega of America's Constantine Hantzopoulos said "are we going to do more mature titles for the Wii? Probably not." Finger's crossed he's wrong.

You can read the full interview with Shigenori Nishikawa in issue 51 of Official Nintendo Magazine which goes on sale on Friday.

Looks like it's more the comapanies who are publishing these 'mature' titles giving up on the Wii rather than the developers creating these games. HVS and Platinum Games are still showing alot of interest.

Good.

Madworld was a fantastic game son't know why people didn't like it, I thought it was a nice fun game with it's own awesome style. I mean I always remember how much I laughed at how Jack killed the bosses in all different ways. Made me want to continue playing just to what the next boss was.

Oh and the red baron xD

Madworld was a fantastic game son't know why people didn't like it, I thought it was a nice fun game with it's own awesome style. I mean I always remember how much I laughed at how Jack killed the bosses in all different ways. Made me want to continue playing just to what the next boss was.

Oh and the red baron xD

I really like Madworld, too. There are quite a lot of people who hate the game, though. The only problem I have with it is that it is a tad bit limited at times, I only wish that they had included more stuff for you to do in the game - more weapons, even more ways to kill, and a bigger range of enemies.

A sequel would be great, and I'd buy it.

Oh and the red baron xD

It was the shallow and repetitive gameplay that did it for me. It was above average but only because it did the presentational side so well (outside a horrendous PAL conversion that is).

The Black Baron was comedy gold though.

It was the shallow and repetitive gameplay that did it for me. It was above average but only because it did the presentational side so well (outside a horrendous PAL conversion that is).

The Black Baron was comedy gold though.

I think there's room for much improvement in the sequel, if it does come into existence. Just being able to do more things in the level would be great, like maybe little challenges throughout each one. Think of the Tony Hawk games for example, where you have a number of challenges to complete in each level. I think that would break up the gameplay somewhat and make it less limited to just killing.

There were some really neat ways to kill in the game, but there's always more they could do there. It seemed to get a bit repetitive though, and there wasn't too much variety outside of the "impaling the characters" or "repeatedly slamming them on the spikes then impaling them." It's a very fun game, but I can definitely see why it feels repetitive.

The Black Baron's challenges were great, and they were a big high point for me. That served as a great little break in the levels, and it was pretty funny, too.

I really do hope they do make MadWorld 2, everything is basically built for the game. Now all the have to do is add all the crazy idea's they have on ways of killing players :P

Epic. Honestly speak though, I'm sure Platinum Games knew exactly what kind of sales figures they were going to get when developing Madworld. Kudos to them.

Epic. Honestly speak though, I'm sure Platinum Games knew exactly what kind of sales figures they were going to get when developing Madworld. Kudos to them.

I saw Madworld as the Wii version of God Hand, basically done by the same people, and...from what I remember God Hand sold like shit and that was on the PS2. Perhaps they were thinking of sales going to be around that area of sales.

Well been off sick the last few days so started this and whilst at first I did love love love it. I just can't bring myself to play it anymore...its sooo repetitive and boring. I'm up to the third set of levels the courtyard and there is just enough to keep me interested....It mixes bits up a little with different enviromental kills but they are all similar and samey....sigh I know I picked it up late and on the cheap but was expecting a lot more.

I never felt that the game ever got repetitive whilst i was playing it, i kinda just whizzed through it and really quite enjoyed it. That being said, i haven't touched it since i completed it, and have never even had a slight urge to.

So basically what i think i'm saying is just enjoy the game for what it is. If you just kill kill kiiiiiillllllll your way quickly through the levels, there is a certain level of enjoyment to be had that keeps you playing to see the story progress. However if your gonna take the time to look around for new and exciting kills, i think you'll find yourself pretty disappointed at how little there actually is.