N-Europe

Petrol Prices

MoogleViper

This was an e-mail I got about reducing petrol prices.

See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it

We are hitting £121.00 a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced

with paying £1.25a ltr. Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day

campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just

laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't

continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an

inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT,whoever

thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to

think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive

action

to teach them that BUYERS control the market place

not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we

consumers

need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of

petrol

come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not

purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest

oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce

their

prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to

follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions

of

Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't wimp out at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how

simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to

at

least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten

more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the

message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached

over

THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and

pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been

contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it... ..

THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.(and

not

buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this

email out to ten more people within one day of receipt,

all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next

8days!!! Acting together we can make a difference If this makes

sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your

petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e.

boycott

BP and Esso

Think it will work?

seen this same email pop up various times over the last 2 years, and doubt it will work this time either, especially since these companies don't make the majority of their profits from the forecourt sales

To be honest, i don't think it would.

I don't think people would go out of their way to buy petrol at a different garage just to spite the company, especially as they're all the same price (almost).

Alot of it is up to the government with tax and stuff.

The price of petrol is rising because the cost per barrel is rising, they're still companies in it for making money.

It's like saying we should stop buying computer parts because the cost of silicon is going up or something (just an example)

I think petrol has around 75% tax on it. So say in the alst 12 months a litre has gone up by 20p (just for arguments sake) then any sane person can soon realise that most of this rise has not been created by the oil companys. Its the govenment that are making a killing of these current prices.

I hate the oil industry. I hope my first car is at least a hybrid.

Why so you can kid yourself your doing the enviroment a favour?

If you want to do the enviroment a favour get a bike or use public transport. Otherwise i dont really see the point.

Why so you can kid yourself your doing the enviroment a favour?

If you want to do the enviroment a favour get a bike or use public transport. Otherwise i dont really see the point.

How about doing my wallet a favour? And if it helps the environment, even better.

69p a litre? They're dreaming. Well, no, they're creating an effective chain-letter for people who are dreaming. You can't incite a boycott by email....

As a side note, what's happened to Tesco's petrol prices? They used to be the best, now even places like Jet and (I found this surprising: ) Waitrose have lower prices.

69p a litre? They're dreaming. Well, no, they're creating an effective chain-letter for people who are dreaming. You can't incite a boycott by email....

As a side note, what's happened to Tesco's petrol prices? They used to be the best, now even places like Jet and (I found this surprising: ) Waitrose have lower prices.

I noticed that, I think their using the initiative that their the most popular supermarket in Britain, why have their petrol lowest when people drive to their stores and the petrol station is in the area so theres a convinience element to it.

Fucks sake, I passed my test last July, and in less than a year it's gone up 20p! I remember a time when the litres counter went up quicker than pounds counter.

I just wish I could use my discount card at Tesco's stations.

I think putting up the priceys are pointless. It's not gonna discourage enough folk from buying it to lower the amount being bought/saved/prolonging.

All it's doing I think, is ripping it off so they can get a healthier profit while they can, and use 'Running out of oil' as an excuse when there's still enough to go around for a while longer.

This won't work because too many people don't give a fuck, say they get nectar points from bp, and they're using a company fuel card

By the way, I bought from a bp garage today and it was expensive as all hell, it cost me 60 quid to fill my van, the prices make me want to kill myself

What we should do is carpool with each other, to reduce consumption. In fact, what if someone was to build like a really big car of some kind, sort of really long with lots of seats on it that people could pay to use to get around. Maybe we could create ones that run on rails, so they always go to busiest places. I know I'd use it.

What we should do is carpool with each other, to reduce consumption. In fact, what if someone was to build like a really big car of some kind, sort of really long with lots of seats on it that people could pay to use to get around. Maybe we could create ones that run on rails, so they always go to busiest places. I know I'd use it.

But what if those big cars don't go every where you need to go? Or they aren't there for you when you need them and end up getting late? Or rank up the ticket prices to the point that its not worth to use it unless you have a monthly pass (and even then is questionable)? Or even worst, all of those together.

A small gas station in my city was selling gas for a buck a liter the other day and apparently the line went on for miles.

*does conversion on fingers*

Fuck me, even if you don't get the US's stupidly low oil prices, that's insane!

But what if those big cars don't go every where you need to go? Or they aren't there for you when you need them and end up getting late? Or rank up the ticket prices to the point that its not worth to use it unless you have a monthly pass (and even then is questionable)? Or even worst, all of those together.

The more people that use trains, the cheaper the prices, and the more they run.

When i started driving i remember i just used to fill up whenever i saw a garage cheaper than my local one but now they all seem to be the same price apart from a few ones which are higher than the average, just drove past my BP now and its gone up to £1.11 and £1.22 for diesel :o (BP) stupid prices.

Personally I think its all a bit of a con really like the fuel scare of the 70's. At least it will spur the development of cars that wont have any lead in the fuel.

When i started driving i remember i just used to fill up whenever i saw a garage cheaper than my local one but now they all seem to be the same price apart from a few ones which are higher than the average, just drove past my BP now and its gone up to £1.11 and £1.22 for diesel :o (BP) stupid prices.

yeah diesel is stupidly expensive in the uk in most other countries it is cheaper to buy diesel than petrol.