NEurope
Dante

Heroes Season 3 *Beware of Spoilers*

Think IGN were speculating in one of their reviews or something that all his DNA shape shifting may have strengthed/removed his weak spot or something.

Or simply moved his Achilles' Heel to another location...
Ah nice thinking! His brain may have done some rotating/moving around in there or something! Edited by Retro_Link

What I don't get is why they didn't

give Nathan a transfusion of Claire's or Sylar's blood in order to heal him. It worked with Noah when he got shot in the face and wouldn't cause so many issues

It astounds me how much of "the truth" Angela P wants to reveal, yet does fuck all to help. At least she got them spades. "At least the storm covered the graves"... Bull. Shit.

The lasses who played the young Petrelli sisters weren't bad looking, especially young Angela. She kept reminding me of Molly/some other lass I know.

I know I'm one ep behind the Yankyland downloaders here, but it's just not worth the trouble anymore.

After the awesome season 1, Heroes just hasn't turned out the way I ever expected it to/hoped it would and now I'm at a complete loss with the show!

I loved the season 1 vision of them 5 years in the future and actually hoped they would become this awesome band of superheroes working together against villianous 'heroes' that would pop up. Real comic book type stuff you know.

Powers_future_peter_pyro.jpg

Sylar would have been the first of these defeated at the end of season 1, then you would have had a new enemy appear, or a couple overarching but keep it focused per season.

250px-Uluru_items.jpg

The heroes could maybe have retained their normal jobs, and struggled to deal with their powers in everyday life, and with morals, but sometimes it would help e.g. what we say with Matt and his police work. It helped with cases, but was he progressing through the ranks in an ethical way/the way he truely would like.

Sometimes the heroes may disagree and maybe even face off against one another on occasion, but ultimately they'd all be a close unit; as opposed to what we have now, we're on season 4 and I still feel some of the heroes don't even know each other, heck Claire and Hiro only met properly for the first time at the end of season 3!

I dunno, it's just not the show I'd hoped for.

Edited by Retro_Link

The fact that it appears Sylar can't die now = *sigh!*

Will we never be rid of him!... it should have been the end for him at the end of Season1 ffs! Let alone 3 seasons on and now invinceable!

he can still suffocate though, right? just give him carbon monoxide poisoning, the pump his lungs full carbon monoxide gas, freeze solid, launch out into space using telekinesis. once he gets close enough to the sun sure it would melt away, but there's not an abundance of breathable air out there, and once unconcious sylar gets close enough to the sun, he would melt, then evaporate, eventually becoming plasma. and sylar would become little more than a sunbeam :)

seems plausible to me, no? just as long as he hasn't absorbed "I don't have to breath at all" ability

Ok, so it started out as "meh, it's ok" and now it's become ridiculously bad. That's what popularity will do to you. That's it, that was the last episode I'll ever see (unless something really good happens later on).

I do not like what they just did with the whole nathan sylar thing. SUX. It really does.

And what was that little preview all about with tracey coming back "your number 4"? huh? wha?

Basically it was a really overly on the nose way of saying "THIS IS TRACY DOING THIS" when they showed the newspaper article.

I found the finale silly. Particularly the Nathan thing. The characters of Heroes make some of the silliest decisions ever.

Plus Hiro and Ando at the end saying "time for us to go home" (in Japanese, and without telling anyone, rude much?). You'll be back in a few weeks :p

It's not Tracy. It's the 3rd sister, probably. I mean, water and ice are somewhat different things.

So are logic and random stuff pulled out of the arse...but not to Heroes ;)

It may be the third sister granted, but it seemed to have the same personality as Tracey. Maybe they'll just explain her liquidisation on the way she died or something as equally unimaginative.

Basically it was a really overly on the nose way of saying "THIS IS TRACY DOING THIS" when they showed the newspaper article.

I found the finale silly. Particularly the Nathan thing. The characters of Heroes make some of the silliest decisions ever.

Plus Hiro and Ando at the end saying "time for us to go home" (in Japanese, and without telling anyone, rude much?). You'll be back in a few weeks :p

Yeah it was just a bit weird, and things didn't make sense. Why didn't Sylar take Nathans ability? Thats the number 1 thing I don't understand.

I love how they locked us out of the room for the awesome Petrelli/Sylar fight. Seriously wtf....bit short changed.

Yeah that was Tracey surely.

And the preview for volume 5 was shitty. WTF did that have to do with redemption. I've enjoyed the second half of this season but finale was a bit meh.

Oh Dear!

As others have said I hate what they've just done with Sylar/Nathan!

Plus how cruel on Peter it that!! doesn't know his brothers dead and the person he hates most in the world is still alive, and is in his brothers 'body'!

The shows been ruined for a long time, but that move is beyond aweful!!

Also, why did Peter go back to having just one ability in this episode, when hasn't he been collecting them again recently?

But hats off, that move to catch Sylar that Peter pulled off was awesome!

Edited by Retro_Link

No he hasnt been collecting them, just swapping them when he touches someone else.

But I agree the show is just crap these days, not only is the Sylar/Nathan thing crappy for the characters but I kind of feel like the viewers have been robbed of a proper death for the character. Yeah we saw him die but with no real impact and even when Sylar comes back (which we all know he will) Nathans death still wont mean anything.

gggrrr... WTF, the Nathan/Sylar thing is the stupidest thing ever, why couldn't they use Claires blood as a cop-out like they did with HRG before. Noah was bloody there with Matt and Angela, surely he should have thought... "hey I was shot in the head and Claires blood saved me". And all because Angela had a dream that Matt saved Nathan they forget about Claires blood? Angela should have worked out by now her dreams always seem to lead to major trouble. Also since they never fully explained how his bullet wounds healed at the start of volume 3 it also makes you wonder why he didn't just magically heal there.

K maybe Slyars actor wanted to stop doing the show with the option of returning later but surely they could have come up with a better way than that.

Angela also said her dreams are never wrong... what about the dream she had in early season 2 when pretty much everyone was dead and Claire had her head ripped off? They stopped that didn't they.

They retconned Sylar's death at the end of Villains a few episodes back saying something like "I killed him good but the glass shard in his head was melted by the Primatech fire". And this one was just "I keep shapeshifted and have shifted my weakspot"...yeah. Great.

And Quinto is still back next season.

This series has been shit since a couple episodes into season two.

I think the main problem with a show like this is that because it was something so strange, not unique but different that standards and opinions built up after the first season are going to be hard to top. Yet, movie directors have managed to pull the cat out of the bag in sequels yet it's not been done here. Granted, this season has had some good moments (the rapport of Sylar and Danko was an interesting one that should perhaps of been explored more yet they chose to end that one too quick) but it's not living up to what the first season presented to us and isn't really building off of that. It's sort of acknowledged that it's there but has started anew, to the detriment of the show.

I wouldn't say that the season finale has put me off of watching another season but its certainly caused me to question the show and the writers' abilities to come up with competent storylines. The ending, as everyone has said, was ridiculous. It is kind of an F-you to those who've been following the show and all they've done is fall into ground already run with Sylar (his 'rebirth' in the previous season where he tried to be all nice) and the outcome is already showing it's face in the short teaser for the fifth season.

I don't really know what Kring and the guys could do to the show. Really, it's like a lot of musicians and acts who've been around for awhile and haven't been able to rekindle the success of a debut album. Perhaps it's time for them to go back to the first season and look at what that brought to the table and re-establish that. Couldn't be any worse than where they're heading now. And really, they brought up the idea that this is a global thing, not just isolated to America. They were in 'Ireland', 'India', 'Africa' and 'Japan' but they've neglected this aspect of it. Perhaps going in to the mindset and eyes of a different country as they try to understand/deal with these people would be something that would better the show. I definitely feel that they need to bring it back to the global scale and not confine the actions merely to what happens in New York or Washington. There is the possibility of outstretching themselves by doing this but if they constrict the view to 2 or 3 different territories then it could perk up the show.

I'd love to see them go ahead with the Origins show that was canned as there is ample story to hear there but I think they need to regain their stride on the main show first.

So the best bit of the show, the fight between Sylar, Nathan and Peter, was limited to Claire watching flashing lights through a locked door? Gah.

The show needs a reboot, they've ruined the characters beyond repair.

So the best bit of the show, the fight between Sylar, Nathan and Peter, was limited to Claire watching flashing lights through a locked door? Gah.

I wasnt even suprised by that, its typical Heroes

Yep, needs a reboot from Season 2 onwards; have Sylar having been killed off and bring back Adam.

I'm actually still appauled at what they've done to Nathan!

Probably the best thing they could have done for the show at this point in time, would be to kill Sylar off! but they haven't got the balls to... and are probably banking on their 'Star of Star Trek' at least keeping some people watching the show... they're desperate!

And whether that's Tracy back, or the other sister, frankly who cares!... they won't make it out of 'Redemption'.

And it's just the same characters over and over... 'woo, yeh, Tracy/Third sisters back!! how EXCITING!!... please :indeed: *yawn*

And when they do bring in new interesting charaters they either ruin them or kill them off!

Maybe it's time the show did what it originally planned for Season 2, and picked up on a whole new cast of 'Heroes' in another part of the world.

Maybe it's time the show did what it originally planned for Season 2, and picked up on a whole new cast of 'Heroes' in another part of the world.

I remember when I first heard about that I thought it was a terrible idea and didnt want it at all.......how wrong I was

I'd rather everyone else died and Sylar took over the world in the name of mutants...I mean 'special' people, everywhere. None of this god awful Patrelli family. Then we could have human genocide or enslavement, or a better twist yet if Sylar actually sorted everything out...even if humans did become second rate citizens.

Also get rid of that little shit Hero. His novelty wore of after the first season. Yes, we get it, you want to be a superhero. Shut up.