Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mirror's Edge

Dan_Dare

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not really a "system seller" either. There isn't really any reason for this to be a timed exclusive.

If you want the game and own both a 360 and PS3 then you'll buy it on the latter. It also associates the game with the PlayStation brand, bolstering it leading up to Christmas.

Although the PS3 was supposed to be the lead platform for Mirror's Edge, I can't imagine there's any technical reason for the 360 and PC versions to be delayed. It's your usual timed exclusive: Sony help to subsidise the advertising costs for the game, and in return EA stall the other versions until a quieter time of year.

I was thinking its a slightly difficult exclusive. The game already has so much competition(end of year) and EA's luck isnt so good this gen. I am thinking a delay into 09 could benefit this.

I cant buy everything!

Yeah I agree...definitly think this is a game that could get lost amongest the flood...

I was thinking about this game what with some new info coming in during PAX and I suddenly got scared it would flop. This game could be a catalyst for more unique games if it succeeds. I really hope EA gives the advertising support this game deserves.

Then I was thinking; http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33585.html

How amazing would it be if EA bought a weeks worth of prime time 2 minute advertising slots (do they still do these?) and they showed that trailer, exactly as is (or maybe recreated if the graphics have had significant improvements since). I think, if I was someone who didn't know about the game I would be blown away by the unique graphical style and the presentation. I would definitely want to buy it.

I'm not sure what those shortcomings are supposed to be, exactly. Most people seem disappointed that it's not free roaming, and hold that against the game. Thing is, DICE never said it would be and, in my mind, were pretty clear we were getting a linear game.

People just get too in to the hype, I think. They never fabricated that Prince of Persia was going to be free roaming, and this looks fairly similar.

I'm not sure what those shortcomings are supposed to be, exactly. Most people seem disappointed that it's not free roaming, and hold that against the game. Thing is, DICE never said it would be and, in my mind, were pretty clear we were getting a linear game.

People just get too in to the hype, I think. They never fabricated that Prince of Persia was going to be free roaming, and this looks fairly similar.

Well, there will be shortcomings there are no perfect games :P Thing is, it's the first game like this, I doubt it will be big and there will probably be some rough edges, since it's the first of its kind. I can be wrong, but there's nothing wrong in thinking this. Which is like, the opposite of hype.

Probably not. First and foremost it doesn't seem to really be the main point, and secondly I get the impression you'd end up flinging yourself of the wrong side of every other roof top just trying to figure out where to go or what to do.

I'll probably turn it off on my second playthrough - at least then you'll have a general idea of direction and destination.

Does anyone else plan to turn off the special eyes to make the game seem more free and challenging?

Yes, I'm going to try and do it without them first time. If it gets to frustrating i'll try it on the second play through.

There's a rumour that completing it without the eyes is going to be an achievement.

According to CVG, the PS3 version of Mirror's Edge will have exclusive DLC. Sony says that EA have signed an advertisement deal with them which probably explains why ME's first trailer was shown at the PlayStation Day in London back in May and that online adverts for the game have only so far shown the PS3 version's boxart. About time the PS3 got some exclusive content over the 360 I say.

SOURCE:http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=196390

Ah well. One less game to buy.

No, it's not that the PS3 is getting DLC, it's more that DLC exists for a game which I thought was going to be one single, complete experience.

Unless it really is a complete experience and the DLC is complete pants.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!