Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mirror's Edge

Dan_Dare

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe. Wouldn't mind something similar to Half life 2's techno inclusions on Water Hazard though for the most intense bits. That scene where the Hunter is hounding you down and the drums kick in while the bombs are being dropped in to the river is pretty intense. not least from the inclusion of a thumping soundtrack.

maybe. Wouldn't mind something similar to Half life 2's techno inclusions on Water Hazard though for the most intense bits. That scene where the Hunter is hounding you down and the drums kick in while the bombs are being dropped in to the river is pretty intense. not least from the inclusion of a thumping soundtrack.

This look interesting, but I hope you can turn off the "runner vision", it makes it too easy, and I really, really want that demo to have had god mode activated, because the guards are the world's worst marksmen.

That's basically my problems with this too, the guards are blind people with a gun, she was right in front of them and they still miss. But the "runner vision" I've heard it can be turned off.

That's basically my problems with this too, the guards are blind people with a gun, she was right in front of them and they still miss. But the "runner vision" I've heard it can be turned off.

That's good. Runner vision looks like it removes every single "puzzle" in the game.

• 1 month later...
Guest Jordan

Motion sickness galore, can't wait :D

As for a release date, DICE are saying Winter (but others are saying as early as next month!)

Motion sickness galore, can't wait :D

As for a release date, DICE are saying Winter (but others are saying as early as next month!)

yeah seems a wide range of possible dates...to be honest...I'd prefer it was later in year, perhaps as late as December as October is already too crammed..

1. I seriously doubt anyone is going to get motion sickness from this.

2. This is going to be so awesome, I want to stop hyping myself over it but I can't.

Runner vision can definitely be turned off btw. I think theres a rumour that it's going to be an achievement to complete the game without it.

Guest Jordan

People were getting motion sick from the hover craft bit in HL2... Pretty badly, some people could never finish the game due to it.

Don't most first person games cause motion sickness in a lot of Japanese people?

No? They might have a higher proportion I guess although I wouldn't know why.

People were getting motion sick from the hover craft bit in HL2... Pretty badly, some people could never finish the game due to it.

Seriously? Pussies.

Isn't that more to do with an issue with the source engine, something to do with the way it handles depth of vision? the hovercraft bit just makes it worse...

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!