N-Europe

Kid Icarus Wii

david.dakota

*bump!*

Apparently Kid Icarus on Wii was planned to launch in 2008. The fact that it didn't make it is the reason why Nintendo's Christmas line-up seemed so lean.

Now it's being reported by inside sources that Kid Icarus was supposed to be presented at E3 2008, but this fell through due to Factor5 having 'problems'.

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=12775

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Factor 5's problems came about as a result of the recent global finacial difficulties? E3 was ages ago!

Yeah but the credit crunch didn't just happen overnight, its the result of a build up of bad decisions that didn't pay off. Financial analyists and whatever would have known like a year in advance that hard times were afoot.

^^^^ Very true... so in some respects they are right to keep things under wraps so as not to get peoples hopes up as it would cause more of a negative impact if a real killer game was announced and then a few months later was cancelled for w/e reason, still at least we know that it's out there now and because it's so high profile Nintendo won't simply can it, they will most likely take what Factor 5 have made, salvage what they can and then build more stuff on top of it, or give it to Retro so they can work their magic on it.

Very true. But Nintendo should've developed Kid Icarus by themselves anyway. The revival of one of their oldest franchises doesn't seem like something you'd let someone else take care of. The expectations would be insanely high, and they even have to cross the gap from 2D to 3D.

Then again, Metroid Prime turned out te be great too.

^ Metroid Prime only turned out great after Miyamoto went down to Texas and kicked some asses and turned some tables at Retro. Canning basically all of their other games and making them change what they had done for Metroid Prime turned out for the better.

If Factor 5 were making this, then obviously Nintendo would be development partners with them as well as publishers so if it is true, then the game will have been moved elsewhere after Factor 5's closure. Some other team will probably be working on it now. We'll just have to wait and see. Are Nintendo doing a keynot speech at GDC this year? They have done every year that I can remember. If not then we'll have to wait till E3 to see if it is confirmed or not.

Like many have said, with so many rumors about this going round it's getting to the point where it's kinda hard not to think that it's real.

Very true. But Nintendo should've developed Kid Icarus by themselves anyway. The revival of one of their oldest franchises doesn't seem like something you'd let someone else take care of. The expectations would be insanely high, and they even have to cross the gap from 2D to 3D.

Then again, Metroid Prime turned out te be great too.

that;s not true at all..

sega did a fantastic job of f zero gx and even handled nintendos main mascot mario in mario and sonic at the olympics brilliantly.

retro did fantastically with metroid prime

capcom did brilliant with the legend of zelda series..

but they haven't colaberated in a long time and this would have been a good example.

its a dying shame I would have liked to see what factor 5 would have done for the wii even if it is a kid icuras game

until i hear otherwise, i'll agree with Matt C in speculating that Factor 5 have simply downsized the company and are still working on Icarus.

could have but he's not getting a response from them.. if they are downsizing the company then it sounds like if this game is being released.. it's their last hope at a success and they really need the backing of nintendo for marketing.

who knows... we havent seen the game yet if it exists but knowing factor 5 you just know it will have the best graphics seen on the wii pushing it to it's limits.. i'm not being naive but they have fantastic graphical capibilities.

so they are shutting down or this is their last hope.

could have but he's not getting a response from them.. if they are downsizing the company then it sounds like if this game is being released.. it's their last hope at a success and they really need the backing of nintendo for marketing.

who knows... we havent seen the game yet if it exists but knowing factor 5 you just know it will have the best graphics seen on the wii pushing it to it's limits.. i'm not being naive but they have fantastic graphical capibilities.

so they are shutting down or this is their last hope.

i really hope thats true i really want a Kid icarus game

could have but he's not getting a response from them..

A lack of response could mean many things- downtime over Christmas, a simply desire to not confirm or deny rumours, even wishing to hold back for press releases, etc.

At this point, one would've assumed bankruptcy courts, administrators (whatever the proceedures are over the pond) would've announced a sale of assets, or bankruptcy etc.

My inkling is that the company has been bought.

I dunno if Nintendo would of known about F5's troubles before they started developing(though depends when development started)

Though i'm sure I read some crazy rumour about Nintendo making F5 an internal development group or something. Can't for the life of me remember where I read it.

but they were second part and they broke away why would they invest in them again?

If Nintendo invested now, shares in F5 would be dirt cheap.

but they were second part and they broke away why would they invest in them again?

If Nintendo invested now, shares in F5 would be dirt cheap.

• 3 weeks later...