N-Europe

Bare Bones Mafia

Dyson

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do people want me to continue the game? Like I said primarily this was an experiment. There are a few flaws that, if this were to be repeated, could be fixed.

A lot of people are losing interest and the game and players that are left aren't as active as it needs to be for the suspense to continue throughout and for the game idea and execution itself to work.

Let me know here : peace:

Day 10 is over.

---

Beggilax tried to warn everyone but nobody was having any of it. The town arose from their chairs and, rather brutally and somewhat over violently, proceeded to smash him to pieces with the chair legs and backs until nought but a bloody pulp remained..

Beggilax is dead. He was good.

---

Night 10 begins now.

Night 9 is over.

---

Before the meeting closed last night, a town member, Gizmo, reminded the rest of the village that he was to take a week's leave in the Caribbean to collect his thoughts and get away from the daily and nightly killing that seemed to frequent the town.

Little did he know that this remark would cost him. As he sat at home that night, packing his bags with a cup of tea beside him, he thought he could hear people shuffling around. Gizmo was not prepared to make the same mistake others already had the past 9 days, and quickly closed his suitcase, finished up his cuppa, and fled his house to get to his car.

The moment he reached his car and got inside, a resounding BOOM was heard, and Gizmo turned around to see that his house had in fact just been destroyed by a bomb planted by, of course, the Mafia. Gizmo took this as a sign to leave, and so made his getaway to the airport. On the way, an unmarked black van came screeching from out of nowhere, with a driver and 2 passengers with sub-machine-guns. Smashing open their windows, they then opened fire on Gizmo's vehicle, leading to a spectacular car chase. Close to the airport however, the Mafia vehicle started to slow down considerably - they had anticipated that this was to be a short chase, and didn't/couldn't fuel up too much due to massive outrageous fucking fuel prices!

Gizmo breathed a sigh of relief - he had successfully outdriven and outsmarted the Mafia. He approached the airport and checked in, bought some useless duty free goodies and boarded the plane. The plane took off successfully, and Gizmo looks to have escaped the Mafia for one night.

---

Day 10 begins now. 17 players remain. 9 is a majority.

:bowdown: :bowdown:

BREAKING NEWS

----

A plane has been shot down merely minutes after take off. The intended destination was supposedly somewhere in the Caribbean, but news at the moment is very scarce. Preliminary reports suggest that there has been only one casualty, who has been named only as "Gizmo". Police are looking in to the matter, but believe it has something to do with "A tension driven Mafia attack" from the village he originated.

Gizmo is dead. He was good. (And this was the plan right from the write up btw - nothing special or non-bare bones happened here :P)

---

Day 10 continues. 16 players remain. 9 is a majority.

:( :(

I made myself a target, didn't I.

Ohwell.

• 2 weeks later...

In light of the last discussion about whether this game is worth carrying on playing, I am actually starting to change my mind. Sorry but I find it hard to keep enthusiasm for what should be a fast paced game when it derails for over a week.

In light of the last discussion about whether this game is worth carrying on playing, I am actually starting to change my mind. Sorry but I find it hard to keep enthusiasm for what should be a fast paced game when it derails for over a week.

Thinking about it, Dyson is this game's biggest flaw and it's saving grace at the same time.

I still say we should finish it. If only Dyson was faster...

Thinking about it, Dyson is this game's biggest flaw and it's saving grace at the same time.

I still say we should finish it. If only Dyson was faster...

My biggest problem has been the writeups. I've wanted to keep them entertaining and comedic as they are a big hook for this particular game, but I'm just plain out of ideas, and I don't want to do a writeup without an actual writeup and story.

In future I'll be doing short summaries unless I feel like doing the long writeups I'm used to and as a result, the game will be much much faster (unless I'm away! :P)