NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Supergrunch

Motivation(al) thread

motivation.jpg

So, assuming you haven't all taken the above advice, I imagine a fair few of you need motivation of some kind or another, most likely as a result of upcoming exams, but I'm sure there are other reasons. Anyway, I thought perhaps a thread can help, where people explain why they need to motivate themselves and try and set goals of some sort or another, so that they face not only mental anguish but also flagellation from fellow forumites if they are so unwise as to procrastinate rather than to meet their targets.

Anyway, I have exams this summer, and need to get a 2:1 to be able to switch to linguistics, and so must revise and do all the work I'm set... so far I'm sort of managing this, but I'm sure I could do better. I hereby resolve to try my utmost at this task.

Now you have a go.

Well, I have my final two essays of the year due in at 4pm today and I have yet to start on them. If they're not in by then, they'll simply mark it out of 40 instead of 100, so I'll only just scrape a pass.

After I've got those done I've got 4 whole exams to do, the first one being on Wednesday.

Please motivate me to sort out my sleep pattern so I can actually turn up to these exams at their wretchedly early start times.

I have my AS exams in about 3 week and i havn't started to revise stuff yet, some things i don't even know. I really should get started, but once i arrive home i can't be bothered.

I have one assignment left to do before I finish the second year and I'm part way through, going to finish it in the next few days.

Thus, if you want motivation think; 'how can I be more like Ashley?' :p

Oooh I can use motivation! I have a ton of work left to finish in my last couple of weeks, some of it is due this or next week. I'll make myself a list so I can come back to cross out whatever is finished.

- video/animation (May 5)

- poster (May 19)

- brochure (May 19)

- comic (May 6)

- self portrait painting (May 29)

- 3D model of Midna (no idea when)

- presentation for Contemporary Art (Wednesday)

- presentation for Sociology (no idea when)

- random drawings/ sketches (no idea when)

I think that's it...

Then I have to study for 5 exams, but that won't happen until all my work is done. D:

So motivate me!

My finals start in about 4 hours.. So i need motivation to do a bit of last minute study. After that I need motivation to survive in this "real world" I've heard about, because after the 8th of May I'm officially not a student anymore :(

I have my AS exams in about 3 week and i havn't started to revise stuff yet, some things i don't even know. I really should get started, but once i arrive home i can't be bothered.

I am in a similar boat. Although I have done some revision. Having coursework to do doesn't help.

English in 3 weeks for you? Thats what I got first.

Also, for anyone with exams and needing motivation to revise.

business.jpg

Best I got, sorry.

Motivate me to be intelligent because I've been for 3 years in the first year of my course and even when exams go well, I get shit grades.

Motivate me to go out and get a girlfriend.

I need to write about a dozen or so fiction stories of varying lengths by about this time next month. Having to go back home in a couple of weeks isn't going to help either. All of a sudden I'm regretting spending all year exploring poetry. Well, not really. Into the breach once more, dear friends.

Tomorrow is due date

Coursework is due tomorrow, here i am going through, making the bits i like perfect

But i have one thing left to do, and for the life of me, i can't do it =[

BLOODY DESIGN!!!!!!!! 50 PAGES AND YET IT STILL HAUNTS ME

Funny that I was just watching Azumanga Daioh and Chiyo was saying 'get motivated' a load of times.

I'm in the middle of exams at the minute, 15 hours of Graphics and photography. The only thing I need to get motivated for is revising computing.

Do exactly what you want and struggle through the rest if you have to, but only if you have to. Don't suffer for your art, and enjoy distractions.

This philosophy keeps me sane.

"Life is a matter of passing the time enjoyably. There may be other things in life, but I've been too busy passing my time enjoyably to think very deeply about them." - Peter Cook

I never suffer. I generally do an assignment the night before, as they only really takes a few hours to do from start to finish. I just haven't been very motivated to do these final two, but you'd think because its my final 5000 words of the year I'd have more motivation to do them, but my brain is distracted by thoughts of ATP which is only a 10 days and 3 exams away.

But then again I want to read some books and watch some more films, so I will keep that in mind now as I force myself to begin these final essays.

Wow amazing how much people have left to do specially you eenuh!

I have quite abit to do, luckily didn't take a course where exams were required, though there's one in team leader skills (yes I know) that isn't really worth doing but eh.

- Two merit criteria for website assignment

- Referal on business assignment that's worth double points

- An assignment on modems/cabling etc (referal)

- Two distinction criteria for e-commerce

- Start and complete vb assignment (including game)

I think that's it for now, it should hopefully depending on what I got for my database assignment (the second assignment to give double points) help me, if I get both doubles as merits then that's 8 points..God it's so complicated. =[

I gotta write... a fairy tale, for friday - along with a commentary. It sounds easy enough, but it's worth 60% and I'm rather worried there's some sort of catch, or something. Of course, I've not started it yet, but I have done a fair amount of background reading.

Then two exams, and I'm done for the year. Not too shabby.

GTA IV came out today... There goes any hope of my studying for exams.

Really can't get motivated to do anything for them at all. Only got 2 (possibly 3) and one is going to be shit hard and the other piss easy. Start in 2 weeks time. :(

English studies. Combination of lang, lit and creative writing (which rox). This module is children's language and literature. Yeah it is fun by-and-large :) Wish I had more of that motivan stuff to get me through it, mind.

I am in a similar boat. Although I have done some revision. Having coursework to do doesn't help.

English in 3 weeks for you? Thats what I got first.

Also, for anyone with exams and needing motivation to revise.

business.jpg

Best I got, sorry.

Nah, Maths for me. 2 week this Thursday and not looking forward to it at all.

I'm definitely in need of some motivation. :heh:

Got my Leaving Cert. in a month or so, its like the equivalent of A levels in the UK I'd say. Except we do at least 6 subjects, and I'm doing 7. Needless to say I've been doing way too little. I'm worried about how little I'm worried about them. :blank:

My exams start in 11 days, and I have my entire year's worth of art coursework to be handed in this friday >________________>

I havent even looked at more than half of my notes for classes, let alone do some revision..

Argh, Im such an idiot!!!

In terms of motivational pics - does this look like /b/? :p

Yip, sounds like me right there. Annoys the hell outta me that our teachers are still giving us homework atm. Once thats done then i can never be bothered to do revision. Urg i've done fsck all so far...

Still, my art AS will be done and dusted by thursday ^.^ Which will be a relief...

And Bluejay, english in 3 for me and all. Im suddenly getting C & D's for essays rather than A's which i was a couple months ago... bad timing and quite worrying :shakehead

Yip, sounds like me right there. Annoys the hell outta me that our teachers are still giving us homework atm. Once thats done then i can never be bothered to do revision. Urg i've done fsck all so far...

Still, my art AS will be done and dusted by thursday ^.^ Which will be a relief...

And Bluejay, english in 3 for me and all. Im suddenly getting C & D's for essays rather than A's which i was a couple months ago... bad timing and quite worrying :shakehead

I have been getting straight Bs for every one so far. ALways same comment, good stuff but write more, timing is difficult damn it! 3 sides in 45 mins is not something I can achieve. 1 and a half sides of solid rambling yes, but no more.

Also, closed text is a bitch. I have no memory.

What are your texts? We have Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, The Great Gatsby and Songs of Innocence and Experience for poetry.

I have been getting straight Bs for every one so far. ALways same comment, good stuff but write more, timing is difficult damn it! 3 sides in 45 mins is not something I can achieve. 1 and a half sides of solid rambling yes, but no more.

Also, closed text is a bitch. I have no memory.

What are your texts? We have Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, The Great Gatsby and Songs of Innocence and Experience for poetry.

Lol, i prefer closed text. In open book ones i tend to spend way too much time tracking down quotes when id be better off writing :P

And we're doing none of those lol. Got Spies - which i like, High Windows - poems which are meh, and Woman of No Importance - which i completely suck at :/

Woop finished my Chemistry open book cw thing today :D which was surpringly good since i left it all till to today, the day before it's due...

Sign in to follow this