NEurope
Pyxis

Man Kept Daughter In Cellar For 24 Years

Man Kept Daughter In Cellar For 24 Years

Austrian police are investigating claims a man held his daughter captive in a cellar for 24 years and fathered seven children by her.

Detectives say the woman, identified as Elizabeth F, had been missing since August 29, 1984.

Now aged 42, she was found after a tip-off to police. Her 73-year-old father, Josef F, is being held in custody.

The case came to light after one of the children, a teenage girl, was taken to hospital in the town of Amstetten.

The youngster, Kerstin F, is said to be critically ill.

The mother and five other children are now being looked after by the local authorities.

It has emerged the seventh child was a twin who died shortly after birth.

Journalist Joe Remick, in Austria, told Sky News: "The only thing we know about the mother is that she is being evaluated by psychologists.

"Obviously, she will have been severely traumatised by her experience."

Elisabeth F. told police her father began sexually abusing her when she was 11 and locked her in a room in the cellar on Aug. 28, 1984.

During the 24 years that followed, she said she was continually abused by her father and had six children by him.

In 1996, she gave birth to twins but one died several days later. Josef F removed the body and burned it.

Police said Elisabeth F. agreed to talk only after the authorities promised she would not have to have see her father and her children would be taken care of.

The six surviving children - three boys and three girls - are said to be aged between five and 20.

DNA tests are being carried out to determine whether Josef F. is the father.

The case follows that of Natascha Kampusch, the Austrian girl who was held captive for more than eight years.

She was snatched aged eight in March 1998 by technician Wolfgang Priklopil who threw himself in front of a train after she escaped.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-1314185,00.html?&lid=NEWS_TAB_MAN_KEPT_DAUGHTER_IN_CELLAR_FOR_24_YEARS&lpos=TABCONTENT

This is one of those incomprehensible things. Imagine what it must have been like for her. And her kids for that matter.

Hmm so for 20 years one of her kids thought nothing about their Mother/Sister being locked in a basement and raped by their father?

Alright.

well fuck, there goes my faith in humaity again.

Same here Dan Dare. :sad:

WTF? That's insane :S X_X

24 years, 24 freaking years, how the hell didn't anyone notice in 24 YEARS?

Hmm so for 20 years one of her kids thought nothing about their Mother/Sister being locked in a basement and raped by their father?

Alright.

I thought that they were kept down with her.

But if they were taken away at birth then they would have never known her. And I may be wrong but with their parents being so closely related they would have a higher chance of being mentally handicapped.

I thought that they were kept down with her.

But if they were taken away at birth then they would have never known her. And I may be wrong but with their parents being so closely related they would have a higher chance of being mentally handicapped.

Tis stuff like this that makes me think twice about the death penalty.

Tis stuff like this that makes me think twice about the death penalty.

Think twice in what way? For or against it?

Think twice in what way? For or against it?

For. And with pair of rusty pliers administered over an extended period of time.

For. And with pair of rusty pliers administered over an extended period of time.

I agree. These people don't deserve to live.

I agree. These people don't deserve to live.

I don't want to start the whole debate again, so I'll leave it as this: don't sink to their level.

This guy is obviously one mad muther-fucker. I reckoning he'll get life with no possibility of parole, which is exactly what he deserves.

I don't see the point in letting folk like this live. They have nothing to give apart from pain and have abused and affected many people. Why should they live in jail without any hard ships?

If they can freely abuse people they shouldn't be allowed to exist. World would be a better place without folk like that imo.

What's the piont in him get life in prison? He's 73 and already lived a full life.

He displayed a complete disregard for human life, and in light of his actions has displayed himself of being devoid of humanity himself.

If we can shoot a dog for biting a man, then what should the punishment be for what this man has done?

Not murder, I mean casually and completely destroying another person's life. I feel it should be the most serious punishment imaginable.

Not murder, I mean casually and completely destroying another person's life. I feel it should be the most serious punishment imaginable.

Hanged, drawn and quartered?

That story is absolutely sick. How could the wife not notice this going on?

presumably she was either absent, dead or complicit. It's not unheard of, sadly.

This makes me sick in many ways. How can no-one not notice for 24 years that someone was missing or was locked in the basement. Would of thought kids crying would have given away the location.

I don't want to start the whole debate again, so I'll leave it as this: don't sink to their level.

It's not their level. If they do something so attrocious they deserve to pay the ultimate penalty. It's like a reward rather than sinking to their level. Cause and effect.

It makes you wonder how people never realised after such a long time that this man kept so many people.

A single man buying so much food would have been slightly obvious, plus when people came over etc etc.

Something tells me he wasn't the social type.

It happens, people do this and nobody notices, or cares to notice.

This actually happens all the time in China. Women will often get kidnapped and sold as slaves/wives to men and their families in the countryside. The fact that this is the man's daughter is just that extra bit sick.