NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Platty

London Mayor

*Vomits when he sees the word Christian amongst political affairs*

QFT.

Who gives a shite whether a politician is christian or not? Why the fuck does that even come into ot?

And they're a bunch of deranged frothing idiots who inhabit a word with only a vague relation to reality.

True. :(

Try £3.40 here >_>

Although I'm not the most informed, I still think Ken Livingstone, although a dickhead, is the best choice. And his congestion charge idea does make sense.

It does make sense however Boris makes more sense on the issue. No £25 charge for family cars which ken calls gas guzzlers. If you have more than 2 kids you are already paying shit loads let alone another £25 cos of your safe family car.

Boris is scrapping that and keeping the £8 charge but instead of having to pay by the next day he is gonna let it be more flexible by letting you pay weekly, monthly or yearly charges. A much fairer way instead of fining everyone who pays a day late.

But meh.

Bendy busses means Ken can kiss my arse.

Routemasters all the way.

Well I'm not sure totally about the new rules for the £25 congestion charge. But, if people have big cars such as 4x4's then it should cost more. They do more damage to society. We've been doing it in economics lately. I don't think family cars should be included, but it depends what you define a family car as to be honest. Normal cars like a mondeo saloon etc should be fine. But a range rover or something similar to that just isn't needed!

By a simple process of elimination, the only possibilities for me would be Siân Berry, Ken Livingstone, Winston McKenzie or Brian Paddick. The rest all run for political parties I view as wank.

I'm an ardent Lib Dem, so I'd probably vote for Brian Paddick and I'd settle for Ken Livingston. Boris Johnson meanwhile is frankly the last person I'd want to see on my TV in the event of a terroist bombing. Sure he's funny, but I have rather serious doubts about his professionalism, competancy and intelligence.

£2? Buses are more expensive in brighton, matey!

Its actually cheaper to get a bus to and from brigton from london than catch a tube one stop. its actuall lol.

Also boris, wont be able to enforce half the crap he is suggesting.

Anyone voting for anyone rightwing needs to gtfo.

And that guy that said BNP...lol.

This thread needs more serious debate in it.

Who gives a shite whether a politician is christian or not? Why the fuck does that even come into ot?

as long as it's kept seperate i have little issue with it. However, the idea of religious based politics is scary, simply because you may as well base your policy on fairy tales.

PP0150~Rainbow-Zippy-Posters.jpg

"With the introduction of bendy buses and the congestion charge we hope for a cleaner, brighter London... isn't that right Bungle bonce?"

I'm an ardent Lib Dem, so I'd probably vote for Brian Paddick and I'd settle for Ken Livingston. Boris Johnson meanwhile is frankly the last person I'd want to see on my TV in the event of a terroist bombing. Sure he's funny, but I have rather serious doubts about his professionalism, competancy and intelligence.

He's actually seriously smart...

try to guess who i'm rooting for :)

It does make sense however Boris makes more sense on the issue. No £25 charge for family cars which ken calls gas guzzlers. If you have more than 2 kids you are already paying shit loads let alone another £25 cos of your safe family car.

Boris is scrapping that and keeping the £8 charge but instead of having to pay by the next day he is gonna let it be more flexible by letting you pay weekly, monthly or yearly charges. A much fairer way instead of fining everyone who pays a day late.

But meh.

Plus, the price of petrol is shooting through the roof as it is, congestion charge will be a bit of a killer, and I feel Ken's already jacking half our funds on public transport as it is. I'm fed up with him, and I wanna give someone else a chance.

I feel that Boris might be my choice when it comes to it, though I'm currently a bit torn and will probably make my mind up wednesday night or so. I like Boris, yes because he's incredibly entertaining, but also because he's the only one who seems like a real actual person, rather than some smarmy politician. He's always embroiled in scandal because he's a hopeless liar, and I think we'll know what we're getting with him. Unlike Red Ken who wasn't even gonna run for mayor in the first place! OR stay for more than one term! OR wasn't gonna retire the classic london buses! Fuck you ken, i hate you! Plus, some of Boris's propositions do appeal to me. Plus, he can't really fuck london up too much in 4 years(though we DO have the olympics coming), and at worse someone else'll come in next term and fix it if he does. I'm just fed up with Ken and his crazy fares.

My second vote won't be for him either, probably gonna be for Boris if he isn't my first, one of the main reason's I'm actually voting is to just keep the shitter parties(i.e BNP) out of things, just in case they somehow sneak through due to less voters and higher majorities.

Perosnally I have had enough of Ken Livingstone. He thinks all Londoners are made of money by hiking up the prices of everything especially transport that does not reflect fairly on inflation.

I just feel London needs a change and at the moment that buffling fool Boris is winning my vote. A lot of the stuff he says is making sense to me on crime, transport and giving us back more for our taxes and to be honest he can't do any worse than livingstone! Boris is also gonna get rid of those ridiculous bendy buses that are a joke on london streets. :)

Urg, really? REALLY?

Better than having that joke of a mayor Livingstone in charge :)

The hell is over and lets face it even if Boris messes up, he can't make London any worse than ken has.

Gutted.

I wonder if in like 1 or 2 years you'll be regretting putting Boris into power Mr Platty =]

What's wrong with a regular 5-seater car? When people should be driving legally within the speed limit, there shouldn't be a need for a tank of a car. If people drive like nutcases I think you'll be killed anyway, no matter what the car.

Ken just became a f*cking idiot. His first term was alright but then it went all shits up.

Why on earth the already economically pressured people of Venezuela are made to subsidize London busses are beyond me. It was sickening seeing Ken making a deal with Chaves. There was no need for Ken, mayor of one of the richest cities in the word to exploit a developing nation like that when the money would be much better directed at the poor in Venezuela.

"London should not be doing business with third-rate South American dictators with an appalling human rights and democratic record."

Added to that his introduction of the bendy busses was ridiculous. London quite clearly isn't built for such an absurd vehicle. They consist of 5% of the London buss fleet and cause 20% of the accidents, yet he still backs them. How anyone can't see the constant bullshit that this man produces is beyond me.

I wonder how many people just don't pay to use them as well, it isn't exactly hard.

Also, the congestion charge, great idea. A genuinely bold move which I fully supported...but then extend it? WTF? Just make it easier for the poor rich people of Chelsea and Westminster to access to it. They are the ones who can afford to pay it so why make it cheap for them AND increase congestion. I timed it, it actually took me an extra 15 minutes on average to get home after the expansion.

£25 for gas guzlers? All this is going to do is majorly cripple small businesses which are already having trouble establishing themselves. He would penalize "Chelsea Tractors" because of their high emissions? Out dated boilers are known to cause way bigger CO2 emissions due to their inefficiency than big cars and I'm pretty damn sure that every house had a boiler and very few people have big cars.

Ken had some good ideas but his execution of them was verging on the disastrous. If you look at the details he wasn't a good figurehead for London. (But then no one does look at the details, everyone deals in generalizations.)

Better than having that joke of a mayor Livingstone in charge :)

The hell is over and lets face it even if Boris messes up, he can't make London any worse than ken has.

You're right, Ken brought London to it's knees. The fact that the Tories can win by such a margin in a city like London is testament to just how bad Livingstone was!

Sign in to follow this