NEurope
MoogleViper

Horror Movies

All i got was, a brownish skinned man with big teeth/a greyish ghosty

Huh? What film are you talking about?

I liked Blair Witch Project, as it actually felt more realistic than usual horror films, and yeah the end was actually a bit scary when I saw it.

I saw the Blair witch project when it was still being marketed as real footage.

But you see nothing ._.

That's what so scary about it. And it's clever unlike modern movies.

Listen to the myth at the start of the film. Then you'll understand.

I like pretty much all types horror movies even the utterly cheesey ones like Troll 2.

Favourtie horror films :

Evil Dead 2

Dawn of the Dead (original)

The Shining (Kubrick :heart: )

The Thing

Braindead

Psycho

Alien

But ill happily watch the utterly shit ones like any of the Leprechauns or Troll 2 or whatever the thing I saw on sky the other week about trees terrorising a ski resort. Not massivly keen on the Gorno genre, though I did like the first Saw and I didnt hate the first hostel everything else has been shit though.

Agree on the whole its generally scarier when you cant see whats coming for you. But The Blair Witch Project is utter shite. [rec] was a much better videocamera film.

I rarely get scared by horror movies anyway, infact possibly the scariest moment on screen I can remember is in Rear Window.

You guys thought it was clever? I found it drab and verging on predictable. The characters were insescantly annoying, meaning that you had no connection with them so you never got scared with them out of empathy. I've never had to sit through a film with such a whiney, bitchy set of characters ever. Lets not forget retarded shall we?

Almost as bad as the beginnig of the rubbish bit of Jeepers Creepers: "Shall we go back?"

Eraserheadposter.jpg

A thousand times scarier than any other film I've seen. I normally take horror films in my stride, but I couldn't sleep because of this fucker. It's not jump out of your seat scary, it gets into your head and slowly it creeps you out until you're a wreck by the end of the film. Twin Peaks got me at times as well. Bloody David Lynch.

Watched scream a few minutes ago. man that scared me when i was 8. it just seems like a comedy now

Almost as bad as the beginnig of the rubbish bit of Jeepers Creepers: "Shall we go back?"

Jeepers Creepers started off brilliantly. Then it progressively got worse and worse.

I find ambiguity the scariest aspect of horror. When a film is clever enough not to paint the whole picture for you - your mind is left to fill in the gaps and an indescribable sense of terror is created. That is real horror for me.

The Bogeyman himself may be scary but those unexplainable things that go bump in the night can really fuck with your mind.

I'm not a fan of horror films, purely because I get scared so freaking easily T_T

I watched 28 days later, and I couldnt sleep for weeks!!

However, Im looking for someone who will watch saw 4 with me, I want to see it but Im a pussy.

I'm not a fan of horror films, purely because I get scared so freaking easily T_T

However, Im looking for someone who will watch saw 4 with me, I want to see it but Im a pussy.

If 28 days later was scary for you.

I wonder what you would be like for late 80's horror films.

My fav horror film is The Thing. :)

Watched scream a few minutes ago. man that scared me when i was 8. it just seems like a comedy now

Lol, same. I love the scream movies, some of my favourite movies ever. I can't count how many times I've seen the first two.

It's terrible Letty, seriously. I really wouldn't bother. I liked the first, but then they begin to go down hill...fast.

I find almost all horror movies funny! :) i have a warped mind....

There isn't one that has scared me yet, or really made me jumped! (I'm to lazy to react :heh:)

Having seen Alien when i was 8/9 i wasn't scared by it at all and thought it was a great action movie! :grin:

Texas Chainsaw Masscare (the original one) was just ridiculous it was like having the guy from resident evil 4 chasing them around!

It's always disappointing when the monster is revealed as they just look stupid!

Never seen a torture one really but i don't think it would scare me! might make me feel a bit sick if it's too gory! @__@

I get scared by the stupidest of things normally though! like doors... :blank:

I reckon one that messes with my mind might scare me but I'm not a big fan of the genre anyway!

I laugh at the silliest things! (like when i went into hysteric's watching No Country for Oldmen)

I don't mind the Saw movies, they are interesting. The third one was the worst, I liked the fourth one and it's cliffhanger ending.

What I don't like are things like Hostel and Saw which to me are just gore for the sake of gore with nothing much to back it up.

Have you seen the Saw movies!? They're brilliant (not so much the fourth but...) its a great concept and Jigsaw for me is up there with Hannibal Lecter as the greatest horror villain (if that's the right word to use). The original trilogy is brilliant. Amazing plot twists and well directed with the awesome dynamic scene shifts - no CGI. For me certainly up there with the greatest horror films of all time (and I've seen quite a few)

One of the scariest things for me though is that the traps used in the films actually worked in real life

Personally i cant watch them because they scare the crap out of me.

The music is the biggest factor...

One of my friends is the same, but shes a girl so i think its more accepted lol.

[REC] is one of the best horror films I've seen in ages.

Horror films usually don't make an impact on me but after seeing [REC] my empty house at 3 in the morning seemed kind of...spooky.

Hostel could've been awesome, but Eli has a very weak mind for warped out sociopathic torture. They should have me making torture movies, I've got great ideas! :( All I need is a good production team. :P lol

I always just thought that they took far too long to get to the torture bits, and they were over too fast.

SAW isn't horror. Scream isn't horror. Blair Witch isn't horrow. The last two really go into the thriller genre while im starting to think that they should just put SAW into another Genre called 'pure gore' or something. Blair witch put me to sleep, films like scream are comedies and SAW, because some of it is so out there and unrealistic, doesn't really have an affect on me. It's just like, wow, how stupid can we make people look. I do enjoy this film though as people do pay for being idiots. Usually in horror, other people pay for someone else's stupidity.

Anyone who has said The Thing diserves cookies as that is true horror. Not knowing who is friend or foe, until it's too late when The Thing shows itself, and you know you are in for a chomping. Love that film. Ring (not THE ring, horribly boring american remake) is awesome too because it has the perfect pacing, and is so creepy, its chills. I find that I can't be scared, but chilled due to odd unusual character movements or situations.

When I was a kid, i watched stuff like Hellraiser, Jaws and the lost boys and found them amusing because i didn't understand the situations. In truth, it desensitised me to violence, know where I can see a flying leg and find someone humour in there. Kill Bill 1 is one of the funniest films i have ever seen. I was laughing to the horror of my sis and bro and probably the people behind me, in the cinema.

Horror these days, almost doesn't exist imo. It's just pure gore, or 3d graphics which still don't sell the experience like the good old animatronics did in the 80s and early 90s. Alien and Aliens scared the hell out of me when I was a kid for just the way they looked so real. The only stuff to do that really. When their radars would pick up the presence of the enemy, only for nothing to happen, then they realise they maybe on the ceiling, lookup, PEEKABOO! I can still remember the chill factor to this day, turning the tv off, and forcing myself to sleep. A film which almost no one has seen deserves a mention, 'In the Mouth of Madness'. Horror and mindfuck all wrapped in one, with an ending that leaves saying 'what the hell!?' Oh and east asia definitely knows how to do horror. American remakes do them no justice and just sully the name. Watch Oldboy for a different sort of horror. So disturbing, my sister called me sick for recommending that film to her :D

Horror these days, almost doesn't exist imo. It's just pure gore, or 3d graphics which still don't sell the experience like the good old animatronics did in the 80s and early 90s. Alien and Aliens scared the hell out of me when I was a kid for just the way they looked so real. The only stuff to do that really. When their radars would pick up the presence of the enemy, only for nothing to happen, then they realise they maybe on the ceiling, lookup, PEEKABOO! I can still remember the chill factor to this day, turning the tv off, and forcing myself to sleep. A film which almost no one has seen deserves a mention, 'In the Mouth of Madness'. Horror and mindfuck all wrapped in one, with an ending that leaves saying 'what the hell!?' Oh and east asia definitely knows how to do horror. American remakes do them no justice and just sully the name. Watch Oldboy for a different sort of horror. So disturbing, my sister called me sick for recommending that film to her :D

Alien/s FTW. : peace: :bowdown: