NEurope
MoogleViper

Horror Movies

I think the general rule is more is less. Showy CGI only makes things worse. As a championer of SAW I'll point out that what most people forget is that they started as budget films. They take place, generally, within 1 or 2 locations and all the traps and everything are made to work.

Anyway I think a beer or 2 beforehand always helps to make a horror movie a bit scarier. Things suddenly seem to jump out at you a lot more.

What is horror then? Something that really gets you scared? A feeling of deep unease or paranoia? It must be very hard for a film maker to do that now.

What do people think of The Cell? I'm not sure if it was horror but the look into the psyche of the serial killer was fantastic with goreous art to match.

What is horror then? Something that really gets you scared? A feeling of deep unease or paranoia? It must be very hard for a film maker to do that now.

What do people think of The Cell? I'm not sure if it was horror but the look into the psyche of the serial killer was fantastic with goreous art to match.

Got bored and nearly fell asleep.

EDIT: Enjoyed all the saw films. Probably because of the gore. But mainly the intelligence that went into the contraptions and I really liked the twists. Didn't see some of them coming, though others were blindingly obvious.

EDIT2: Damnit how could I forget 'The Fly'. Awesome film but one of the most disgusting that I have ever seen. Really not one for the faint of heart. Another that scared the hell out of me when i was a kid.

I seriously want to see [Rec] It looks fantastic!

Same.

Diary of the Dead worth checking out? Or will watching [REC] just make it seem superfluous.

The Fly. Nuff said. Don't want to watch that film ever again, its so damn disgusting.

The Fly. Nuff said. Don't want to watch that film ever again, its so damn disgusting.

It isnt scary though, just gooey.

I loved it though. Jeff Goldblum is always entertaining.

It isnt scary though, just gooey.

I loved it though. Jeff Goldblum is always entertaining.

Not scary!? The hell!? Yesterday night I kept imagining him creeping round my bedroom door and desolving me. I don't want to be fed to brundlefly :shakehead

Not scary!? The hell!? Yesterday night I kept imagining him creeping round my bedroom door and desolving me. I don't want to be fed to brundlefly :shakehead

I share this man's curse. I will never be abel to watch The Fly again. I watched it when I was 7 and to this day I have nightmares about it. The day I watch it again is the day I stop having them, and therefore, the day I most despise.

I share this man's curse. I will never be abel to watch The Fly again. I watched it when I was 7 and to this day I have nightmares about it. The day I watch it again is the day I stop having them, and therefore, the day I most despise.

I keep saying I wont watch it again, then I watch it whenver I can properly catch it :blank: I have to say though, this is the last time. Fly 2 though is just a comedy in a horror films colours. :heh:

There is thin line between a comody and a horror. i film some might be scared of might amuse another. know what i mean - the decent

There is thin line between a comody and a horror. i film some might be scared of might amuse another. know what i mean - the decent

What? :/ Type that again please :D

Should I translate?

"There is thin line between a comody and a horror. i film some might be scared of might amuse another. know what i mean - the decent"

There is a thin line between comedy and horror. A film some might be scared of will amuse others. Know what I mean? (For example, "The Descent".)

Well, I hate watching pretty much any scary or gore-filled movie, simply beacuse I'm a pathetic wimp on that field.

That's not to say I dislike horror movies. I'm fascinated by them - I just can't stand watching them. :p

The ones that fascinate (and scare) me the most are:

1) Those that revolve around something supernatural and do it well, which means that the scary "unknown" in the movie stays unknown and unexplained.

2) Thriller-like horror movies that leave you in a hell of paranoia.

Movies like Saw don't actually scare you, but they push your limits in regard to gore and self-mutilation, which is actually a very interesting psychological subject.

I watched this film last night called Halloween H20, it wasn't too scary, but at the end I thought the parts when Laurie takes out Michael would make a quality Ownage compilation video.

I hate horror movies, get scared quite easily by them, but this wasn't too bad as there were lots of other people. Everyone was just cracking up at the film, I was in hysterics and everyone was cheering for Laurie.

When she brakes hard in the van and Michael shoots through the windscreen I shouted "Two-Nil!" which was met with great reception at the time.

You may laugh but I was put-off horror films when I shat myself watching 'What lies Beneath'.

The bit where she gets out of the bath and the blood-prints are on the carpet put me on a knife edge.

alien = greatest horror movie of all time..

i also enjoyed event horizon for scary shit but mostly now it's awful(see saw films and especially hostel)

Just watched the shining for the first time, well last night. It was quite decent, watched it alone, pretty stoned, and it was a bit "WTF?" in a lot of it, enjoyed it tho xD

Those 2 girls are a bit of a head fuck, dont like em lol.