Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Official Issues and Problems Thread

KingOfHyrule

The last few days, my wii-mote has being playing up, but since yesterday, it hasnt connected to my wii at all, and whenever I press a button, it just does this for a bit, then stops

troubleshoot.gif

its not the batteries, and its not because Im too far away/close.

Also, Ive had my wii unplugged since yesterday, but I switched it back on today, and this still happens!

annoying as I only have one wii-mote

any suggestions?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last few days, my wii-mote has being playing up, but since yesterday, it hasnt connected to my wii at all, and whenever I press a button, it just does this for a bit, then stops

troubleshoot.gif

Also, Ive had my wii unplugged since yesterday, but I switched it back on today, and this still happens!

I would recomend contacting Nintendo ... but phone them because they dont ever seem to reply to emails ... i should know as ive sent them LOADS :blank:

I had the problem with my Wii-mote blinking and doing nothing else.. i pulled the juice from the Wii and tried hitting the re-sync buttons.. that did the trick

whilst it was still unplugged?

It happened before once, but I cant remember how I fixed it D:

*Edit* Ahh crap your not from the uk are you? *Edit*

Im classed as a UK citizen ;)

@RedShell

You're quite right about the wiimote sound, as it turns out. Thing is though, it won't fix it instantly, it has to load another map for me for it to work. I happily trade the tinny speaker for un-spazzy reticle. Thanks for the tip! :)

I've never managed to recieve a phonecall with the wiimote sound still on. Does the mobile phone speak sound through that speaker at all? Because that would be real neat. :)

Glad you got it sorted. :smile:

The phone conversations don't play through the Wii Remote just the ring tone, you're right though that would've been cool if they did.

troubleshoot.gif

any suggestions?

Firstly, loving the Wii Remote gif. :heh:

Secondly, this has happened to me before.

Turning the Wii off, unplugging it from the mains for a while and then starting it up again didn't fix it at first, I had to repeat that procedure a few times before it worked. I never messed with re-syncing it though and it hasn't happened since.

But if that doesn't work for you, maybe this'll help:

http://www.wiierror.com/wii-remote-no-longer-works.php

So, I managed to get my Wii connected to my WiFi Connector again - And downloaded the latest update. Now, I get an error when I try to connect (I've tried setting up the internet again - it never fails at detecting when it's "allowed" on my connector), but no luck.

A few times, the registrations tool shows that it's connected, but the Wii doesn't seem to realise.

Has anyone got any idea? (oh, and I've tried turning off my firewall and antivirus tools)

edit: If it helps. Connect24 works fine when Wii is in standby mode.

edit2: Nevermind....it works now...random.

I've got that problem, but it won't work for me...

Any ideas anyone?

Firstly, loving the Wii Remote gif. :heh:

Secondly, this has happened to me before.

Turning the Wii off, unplugging it from the mains for a while and then starting it up again didn't fix it at first, I had to repeat that procedure a few times before it worked. I never messed with re-syncing it though and it hasn't happened since.

But if that doesn't work for you, maybe this'll help:

http://www.wiierror.com/wii-remote-no-longer-works.php

I havent had the chance to try it out, but thank you very much :bouncy:

Anybody had any trouble getting a Hotmail email address to be accepted to the Wii List? I added it twice now and both times it just stays grey for over a week...

You have replied to the message the Wii sent to your hotmail account, right?

Yep, I have.

Also, I can't send screenshots from movies via wiimail to my alternate email - but I can still send normal messages. I'm going to try sending a message back and forth, to get the wii to "recognise" the email. But it's really frustrating :(

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!