NEurope
KingOfHyrule

Official Issues and Problems Thread

I found it wierd that when i held up both of my remotes next to each other so they were prefectly level. Top the bottom up and down so they were literally an extention of each other. Player 2's remote was pointing that little bit above player 1?

I dont like this at all as it feels wierd when pointing where you want it thinking its pointed at the middle, with your eye level with it so it is at the centre but its aiming down?

that was a load of mumbo jumbo so if some candecipher this then please help.

For everyone asking about the update, as far as I know the first update activates the SD Card management, and the second one activates Parental COntrol and fixes the Wii Shop internet hack.

I wonder if the units had varying updates required.....I have just connected mine to wifi and the first update was for screen burn-in reduction, no mention of SD management, but the second and third updates were Parental control and wii shop.

I wonder if the parental control update allows the world to block or bar their parents from hogging the console ? :p

QUick question, apologies if it has been answered before.........

I have downloaded super mario 64, how do u play using the gamecube controller, as i do not have a classic controller ?

I click virtual console, and get a message "u need the classic controller" then whenever i try to go further it goes back to the menu screen.

Quick Question, From your Email can you send picture attatchments to your Wii? I've had a look in the manual but couldn't see anything about it and was jsut wondering if its possible at all?

Has anybody bothered to take out the factory batteries to test if rechargables work well?

Has anybody bothered to take out the factory batteries to test if rechargables work well?

It detected that I was trying to save the planet by not using disposables and charged my credit card £20, then exploded.

Of course they work just as well/better if you have NiMh.

Hey, this may have been answered somewhere in the vast amount of pages, but how much difference is there between RGB cables and Component on the wii? The reason i ask is, i want a new tv for my bedroom (19") i've narrowed it down to:

http://play.com/Electronics/Electronics/HP/3-/2168816/Samsung_19_LE19R71WX_XEU_LCD_TV/Product.html#

And

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5291883.htm

Number 2 has component but number 1 doesn't. However number 1 s alot sexier and matches my Wii... Could someone help me decide

i was looking at the 1st sammy one but i have seen the 23 " one on pixmania for only 393 quid with 13 quid delivery and on the currys website the same tele is 564.95 just so you know the product code is LE23R71

:S i wish i could go for the 23", its a christmas present and i dont think my mum will go that far.

This seems strange but my tv is currently used as my pc monitor, it also has pip.

I was talking to someone on messenger and playing Wii Sports at the same time earlier and I noticed that the image looked a lot better when it was being displayed as this pip! I then tested it out with Zelda and the difference is as clear as night and day! This got me thinking, does it look better simply because its being displayed at a higher resolution and if so then can you get a vga box of some sort that takes composite inputs and outputs to vga (so the resolution is higher)!

Anyone who has an lcd/hdtv and could plug a pc in and use pip to see the difference themselves should do, because it looks soooo much better, i just wish i could make it fill the whole screen!

I did that before with my cube. It looks better cos it shrinks the screen down so the colours dont start to blend. Or it just doesn look sit cos you cant see really close to it. It would look sharp and i dnt know why. My tv is as my pc monitor and I didnt even think of putting it on my Pip.

:S i wish i could go for the 23", its a christmas present and i dont think my mum will go that far.

leave some hints tell her its hd ready so you wont need a new tv for at least 10 years tell her you will sell your soul or just live with a smaller tv lol

I have downloaded super mario 64, how do u play using the gamecube controller, as i do not have a classic controller ?

I click virtual console, and get a message "u need the classic controller" then whenever i try to go further it goes back to the menu screen.

This is very frightening information. I assume your GameCube pad is plugged in and (if it's a Wavebird) is turned on and working fine? And is in the Player One slot (the one nearest the Wii's front)?

Check the Wii Settings if it is, as there may be an option to enable GC pads for VC use.

If there isn't, then you may have to email or call Nintendo Customer Support and get back to us with their reply. I could just imagine Nintendo blocking PAL Wiis from using the Freeloader and then stopping us from using GameCube pads for the VC, instead forcing to buy another over-priced bit of hardware.

My Wii was crashing loads when I was on it just now. Strange. It was usually come back to the main menu after being on Miis when it occured.

So whats the story with the blue light?

Mine just flashes for a split second whenI turn the console on, or pulsates when I get a message/email.

Is that all it does?

I managed to fuck my Wii up. Because I didn't get the RGB cable yet I'm stuck with the composite that came with the Wii.

Everything was fine. When I flicked through the menus I saw the 60Hz option. Of course I wanted 60 Hz. After all it worked perfectly fine with the GC and the RGB cable on my TV. So I switched to that setting and everything went grey. Couldn't see anything. I tried both Scart inputs as well as the composite one but it remained grey. Sound and everything is there and it still registers my Wiimote. From time to time when I switch channels I see the menu for a moment but then it turns grey again. :(

Help please.

QUick question, apologies if it has been answered before.........

Well this game has the Classic controller and the GC pad icons... I think you have to hold one of the shoulder buttons on the GC pad when loading one of the Virtual Console games to select the GC pad as the primary control.

i dont have a wii yet but from whats been said on here i dont think your tv supports 60 hz mode because if it did you would have a picture and if it doesnt you get no picture at all

Well this game has the Classic controller and the GC pad icons... I think you have to hold one of the shoulder buttons on the GC pad when loading one of the Virtual Console games to select the GC pad as the primary control.

Hold the right trigger that should do the trick

i dont have a wii yet but from whats been said on here i dont think your tv supports 60 hz mode because if it did you would have a picture and if it doesnt you get no picture at all

I suppose you were referring to my post.

As I said I played my GC games in 60 Hz as well without any problems whatsoever.

I assume there is something wrong with the interpretation of the signal because for a few short moments I sometimes get a picture. But not long enough to be able to do anything.

I have just sold a Component cable on eBay for £78

78 fucking pound.

Im not sure if my gamestation have them in, the cases of them were on display along with the wiimotes. They had the wimotes in stock but i didnt ask about the cables... *Runs off to Gamestation to buy component cables*

I managed to fuck my Wii up. Because I didn't get the RGB cable yet I'm stuck with the composite that came with the Wii.

Everything was fine. When I flicked through the menus I saw the 60Hz option. Of course I wanted 60 Hz. After all it worked perfectly fine with the GC and the RGB cable on my TV. So I switched to that setting and everything went grey. Couldn't see anything. I tried both Scart inputs as well as the composite one but it remained grey. Sound and everything is there and it still registers my Wiimote. From time to time when I switch channels I see the menu for a moment but then it turns grey again. :(

Help please.

Could solve my problem finally. I hooked it up to the 10 years old VCR. The picture was a bit jaggy but more than good enough to set it back to 50 Hz. Everything's working fine again now :bouncy:

When it gets something new through WiiConnect24, pretty much just email at the moment. If you wanna force it yourself, email yourself from your wii, then you need to reply to that email from the computer, then you can email the wii. If it recieves the email whilst on standby and in WiiConnect24 mode, it should start to glow blue. It didn't glow a few times I tried it, and even if you don't read the message, if you turn your wii on I think the disc glow is gone(won't come back after you switch it off)

I'm sure once we're all surfing the web with our Wii Channels and stuff, the light will appear more often. But c'mon, surely the thing should glow when you turn it on, and whenever you insert a disc. It's my favorite part of the console, and they've ruined it. I want what the box shows, a blue pulsating light. Perhaps Nintendo could update the firmware so that you can choose whether to have the light on or off, and when to see it. The flash at the beginning has to be rplaced by the glow, it just looks a bit lame otherwise. The light should also glow when you insert a disc, This is the time when it will look best.