NEurope
KingOfHyrule

Official Issues and Problems Thread

The last few days, my wii-mote has being playing up, but since yesterday, it hasnt connected to my wii at all, and whenever I press a button, it just does this for a bit, then stops

troubleshoot.gif

its not the batteries, and its not because Im too far away/close.

Also, Ive had my wii unplugged since yesterday, but I switched it back on today, and this still happens!

annoying as I only have one wii-mote

any suggestions?

The last few days, my wii-mote has being playing up, but since yesterday, it hasnt connected to my wii at all, and whenever I press a button, it just does this for a bit, then stops

troubleshoot.gif

Also, Ive had my wii unplugged since yesterday, but I switched it back on today, and this still happens!

I would recomend contacting Nintendo ... but phone them because they dont ever seem to reply to emails ... i should know as ive sent them LOADS :blank:

any suggestions?

Have you tried re-syncing it? (1&2 on Remote, brown button by SD card slot).

I would recomend contacting Nintendo ... but phone them because they dont ever seem to reply to emails ... i should know as ive sent them LOADS :blank:

How would I go about contacting them?

0870 6060 247

Thats there number, give emm a ring and tell them your problem and they will most likey want you to send your Wii and Wii-mote to them or just the Wii-mote.

*Edit* Ahh crap your not from the uk are you? *Edit*

I had the problem with my Wii-mote blinking and doing nothing else.. i pulled the juice from the Wii and tried hitting the re-sync buttons.. that did the trick

I had the problem with my Wii-mote blinking and doing nothing else.. i pulled the juice from the Wii and tried hitting the re-sync buttons.. that did the trick

whilst it was still unplugged?

It happened before once, but I cant remember how I fixed it D:

*Edit* Ahh crap your not from the uk are you? *Edit*

Im classed as a UK citizen ;)

@RedShell

You're quite right about the wiimote sound, as it turns out. Thing is though, it won't fix it instantly, it has to load another map for me for it to work. I happily trade the tinny speaker for un-spazzy reticle. Thanks for the tip! :)

I've never managed to recieve a phonecall with the wiimote sound still on. Does the mobile phone speak sound through that speaker at all? Because that would be real neat. :)

Glad you got it sorted. :smile:

The phone conversations don't play through the Wii Remote just the ring tone, you're right though that would've been cool if they did.

troubleshoot.gif

any suggestions?

Firstly, loving the Wii Remote gif. :heh:

Secondly, this has happened to me before.

Turning the Wii off, unplugging it from the mains for a while and then starting it up again didn't fix it at first, I had to repeat that procedure a few times before it worked. I never messed with re-syncing it though and it hasn't happened since.

But if that doesn't work for you, maybe this'll help:

http://www.wiierror.com/wii-remote-no-longer-works.php

So, I managed to get my Wii connected to my WiFi Connector again - And downloaded the latest update. Now, I get an error when I try to connect (I've tried setting up the internet again - it never fails at detecting when it's "allowed" on my connector), but no luck.

A few times, the registrations tool shows that it's connected, but the Wii doesn't seem to realise.

Has anyone got any idea? (oh, and I've tried turning off my firewall and antivirus tools)

edit: If it helps. Connect24 works fine when Wii is in standby mode.

edit2: Nevermind....it works now...random.

I've got that problem, but it won't work for me...

Any ideas anyone?

Firstly, loving the Wii Remote gif. :heh:

Secondly, this has happened to me before.

Turning the Wii off, unplugging it from the mains for a while and then starting it up again didn't fix it at first, I had to repeat that procedure a few times before it worked. I never messed with re-syncing it though and it hasn't happened since.

But if that doesn't work for you, maybe this'll help:

http://www.wiierror.com/wii-remote-no-longer-works.php

I havent had the chance to try it out, but thank you very much :bouncy:

I'm having that overheating problem :( The one that causes the screen to show some vertical bars with weird green pixels. I think i'll have to trade it in.

I've got that problem, but it won't work for me...

Any ideas anyone?

Just keep trying every now and then. That's all I can suggest.

I'm just having a new one sent when Argos gets there stock back in. I've got enough to play, so I can wait.

Anybody had any trouble getting a Hotmail email address to be accepted to the Wii List? I added it twice now and both times it just stays grey for over a week...

Im ordering the RGB Cable as I dont have a HDTV :hmm: and I wondered what setting was best 50hz or 60hz in the wii settings. Also does the cable I got currently (the one included) support the better setting? Thanks : peace:

Im ordering the RGB Cable as I dont have a HDTV :hmm: and I wondered what setting was best 50hz or 60hz in the wii settings. Also does the cable I got currently (the one included) support the better setting? Thanks : peace:

60Hz unless you have a weird TV

Anybody had any trouble getting a Hotmail email address to be accepted to the Wii List? I added it twice now and both times it just stays grey for over a week...

You have replied to the message the Wii sent to your hotmail account, right?

Thanks Ninja, will 60hz work with the cable I got with my wii? Also will the RGB cable make a big enough difference?

Yep, I have.

Also, I can't send screenshots from movies via wiimail to my alternate email - but I can still send normal messages. I'm going to try sending a message back and forth, to get the wii to "recognise" the email. But it's really frustrating :(

No doubt. Get the RGB cable and don't forget to check which of the SCART inputs on your TV support the RGB (usually only one input supports it).

The RGB cable made a huge difference when i bought it for the gamecube and it should be no different for the Wii.

I'm guessing that it probably works for charging phones and mp3 players with the proper cables, and it will power this Wiimote charger soon:

thanko.jpg

can someone please tell me for wat you can use the USB slots on your Wii?

It's official use is only one for now: connecting the USB-to-ethernet adapter.

Just got a GameWare RGB cable for 15 euros (sales ftw), and god, the quality is just.... So much better than the cables included with the console!

Suprisingly good for a 3rd party cable.

I'm having a slight problem with my Wii at the moment. For some reason, a lot of electricity is being pumped through the USB ports, and if I ever accidently touch them, they always give me a nasty shock. Does this happen to anyone else?