NEurope
KingOfHyrule

Official Issues and Problems Thread

If there is no power to the wii then it will be red. It stands for wii connect 24 if its on/off

so i guess when playing 360, connect 24 cant be on.

If there is no power to the wii then it will be red. It stands for wii connect 24 if its on/off

so i guess when playing 360, connect 24 cant be on.

Thanks for that, I thought my Wii was gonna explode or something :grin:

Thanks for that, I thought my Wii was gonna explode or something :grin:

i was lying, its actually a 10 day self destruct warning light and you need to return it to nintendo for repair.

your choice...

lol:) it isnt the most reassuring LED when red, i was a bit concerned when it turned that colour when i took it to my cousins but it was just that i wasnt set up on any wireless network there

When you send you Wii back, do you just have to send the actual console, nothing else? The email I got said to send it back "as described in the instuction manual" but I can't find the bit about returning it.

When you send you Wii back, do you just have to send the actual console, nothing else? The email I got said to send it back "as described in the instuction manual" but I can't find the bit about returning it.

Yep, just the console and a covering letter thats all I sent both times I sent mine back...

Cool, ta. I know what's going to happen though, because it's tempremental and sometimes works OK, sometimes doesn,t, they'll turn it on, it'll load all the channels and games first time, they'll box it up and send it back...

Cool, ta. I know what's going to happen though, because it's tempremental and sometimes works OK, sometimes doesn,t, they'll turn it on, it'll load all the channels and games first time, they'll box it up and send it back...

yeah I think thats what happened the first time I sent it back...

Gah, got to the post office 1 minute after it shut. I'll have to run out tomorrow and hope delivery people don't come with anything from my online shopping binge yesterday while I'm out. I'll report back with my experience of Nintendo customer support!

Gah, got to the post office 1 minute after it shut. I'll have to run out tomorrow and hope delivery people don't come with anything from my online shopping binge yesterday while I'm out. I'll report back with my experience of Nintendo customer support!

they are rubbish they still havn't replied to my email asking when my wii will be returned! plus just hate being on the phone on for hold for god knows how long...

I just got a Wii, and I've plugged everything in etc. and I can hear the fan noise, but when I turn the channel to AV all I have is a blue screen and no picture or sound. What should I do?

________

FREE XXX VIDEO

Edited by the_mars_volta

I just got a Wii, and I've plugged everything in etc. and I can hear the fan noise, but when I turn the channel to AV all I have is a blue screen and no picture or sound. What should I do?

on my TV i have it on AV2.

are you sure the coorect scart plaugs are in for video and sound?

From meaningless thread.

Shit.

The Virgin Media man came to install the new V+ set top box and 10meg broadband modem. Great, I thought. I've entered the world of HD and have faster internets. Well, the Wii will no longer connect to the Internet. I can't access the router settings, Virgin can do nothing, I've tried a connection test, I just keep getting the error code 52230. It's extremely frustrating, why the hell can't things just WORK when you goddamn buy them???!!!

From meaningless thread.

Shit.

The Virgin Media man came to install the new V+ set top box and 10meg broadband modem. Great, I thought. I've entered the world of HD and have faster internets. Well, the Wii will no longer connect to the Internet. I can't access the router settings, Virgin can do nothing, I've tried a connection test, I just keep getting the error code 52230. It's extremely frustrating, why the hell can't things just WORK when you goddamn buy them???!!!

Either

- There is a firewall blocking the Wii

- Your ISP is incompatible with the Wii.

Nintendo suggests:

- Turning off in-built firewall on router

- Contacting ISP

Either

- There is a firewall blocking the Wii

- Your ISP is incompatible with the Wii.

Nintendo suggests:

- Turning off in-built firewall on router

- Contacting ISP

Could you expand on that please? Never had a problem with Norton before, and I don't know what the ISP is.

Some routers have an in-built firewall (i.e. it's in the router, not installed on a computer), and should be in the router's settings.

Won't the ISP be Virgin Media?

Some routers have an in-built firewall (i.e. it's in the router, not installed on a computer), and should be in the router's settings.

Won't the ISP be Virgin Media?

For some reason I can't get into the router's settings. I type in the correct IP address and it either says page cannot be displayed or goes to a Google search. The IP doesn't appear in Run either.

Hmmm...Tellyn, I had a similar problem when I was back at my folks, they have Virgin Media as well, my brother said something about creating a virtual connection for the Wii's mac address so that it runs off that, failing that it's dongle time!

Well, I solved it. The router seemed to be faulty, because the internet wouldn't work if we ran it through the router. Got a Belkin router (G+ Mimi which is apparently one of the best wireless thingies out there) which now works fine. I can connect my Wii and 360 to it now.

Just got my replacement Wii, seems like a totally new unit.

Shame I've lost all my Miis, VC stuff, console number etc (Although I did back my saves up). At least I've got a fully functioning Wii tho. I turned it on and I was like "THAT'S how quiet it's supposed to be??!??!??" Would have sent it back ages ago if I realised those sound eminating from my poor Wii were that abnormal!

Edit: Cool, it knows which games I downloaded and I can grab them all again without having to repurchase.

My brother got Tiger Woods for Wii the other day and I have to say, on my TV, some of the writing is actualyl unreadable (most notably the EA Trax information that comes up at the bottom of the screen). I remember having the same problem with Need for Speed Carbon when I had it briefly. I am using the connection which came with my Wii and was thinking of upgrading to an RGB cable. Would this solve my problem?

Also, would it be matter if I got an official Nintendo RGB cable or would a third party cable suffice? If third party, anyone able to recommend a good lead for a reasonable price? (Preferably below £10)

(My TV is not an HDTV. It is a normal 32" Philips TV)

EDIT: ..ok.. I just bought one from ebay for £7.49 (an unknown make....) but hopefully it will do the job. I would love a clearer, crisper picture.. and Readable Text when its so tiny!

I've got an HD TV, but when I played my Cube on it with the RGB cable, it looked AWFUL. Will games look better with the component cable on my HD TV than with an RGB lead?

I've got an HD TV, but when I played my Cube on it with the RGB cable, it looked AWFUL. Will games look better with the component cable on my HD TV than with an RGB lead?

I also have an HDTV with both my Wii (component) and cube (RGB) connected to it, and I can tell you it makes a huge difference. The lack of ghosting, vividness of the colours and sharpness are very noticeable. I got sick from the image I got on my TV from the cube but the Wii image is a lot better fortunately.

My HDTV only has a DVI port for all things high definition, it came with a component converter cable but the end connections are male therefore I have no way to connect a 360 or Wii by component. :(

Any ideas on what connections I could buy to sort this? I can't seem to find anything that would work.

More of an issue than a problem; any news yet on region free-ness (without mod chips)? I want Datel or whoever to release something before I go to America in August because I want to take my Wii and buy games over there.

I also have an HDTV with both my Wii (component) and cube (RGB) connected to it, and I can tell you it makes a huge difference. The lack of ghosting, vividness of the colours and sharpness are very noticeable. I got sick from the image I got on my TV from the cube but the Wii image is a lot better fortunately.

So the pic won't be ass playing Cube games on the Wii on a HDTV with a component cable?