Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stumbled across two new reviews today. Nintendo Dojo gave the game 8.5/10 while Nintendo World Report also gave it 8.5/10. Can't wait for it, personally. :)

That's great news. It kind of annoys me when people who want this game to fail focus on the tiny number of bad reviews for this game (like recently when people have been harping on about one single review from Edge) and ignore all the others that give the game around 80-90%. At least we all know that it's a good game, and I suppose that's all that matters.

Has anyone preordered from Zavvi? My order is currently "waiting for stock pick"... i'm guessing their just on-the-ball, rather than shipping it a week early!

Mine says the same. I really wouldn't be THAT hopeful, hehehe.

Unless they cancel our orders.... if they cancel our orders and then I have to preorder again for the speakers but don't get the speakers because I wasn't early enough I will destory the AVV so in future they're just known as ZI!!!

Disappointed to see that Zavvis aren't sending them game out. I've got a busy weekend and was hoping to get the game on Thursday :(

They'll be doing a Play.com and not honouring early orders that took advantage of a mis-price.

Can't be bothered to cancel my order now, especially if it stays at £18.

Maybe they havent updated it recently. I can only hope.

I'm not going to cancel my order tbh. If it's not despatched by Friday morning then I will and just pick one up from the city.

So, an estimated 100 000 copies sold in the first week in the US. Not bad. Hopefully this will have legs too.

The strange thing about Nintendo games, is that unlike other platforms, software sales look very linear in the sense that they keep selling at a quite steady rate. Don't ask me why this happens, it just always seems to (take House of the Dead: Overkill for instance).

The strange thing about Nintendo games, is that unlike other platforms, software sales look very linear in the sense that they keep selling at a quite steady rate. Don't ask me why this happens, it just always seems to (take House of the Dead: Overkill for instance).

Why's that then? ;)

Yes, it's weird that there seem to be a lot of slow-burners. I suppose the mainstream audience aren't into getting games on release date. If they don't buy many games, they'll walk into a shop and will be just as likely to buy an old game as a new one? I dunno.

Gameplay told me they'd shipped The Conduit yesterday. Which is nice.

Crikey. The game arrived today from Play, with portable speakers and all.

Be careful if you've bought from Play too as they glued the speakers to the cardboard outer box with that really sticky putty-like glue. I managed to remove mine without damaging the box, but just a warning to others...

As for playing the game, I have a full day off today, so I may go on it later.

Just got this in from Play.com. From what I played of the single player mode, I wasn't too impressed... Whilst the graphics are indeed spiffing, I felt like I was running in circles when the corridors and rooms seemed to keep repeating themselves. The controls and the overall feel of it are solid, but it seems to be lacking in atmosphere. It feels kind of hollow. I haven't tried the multiplayer yet, though I am looking forward to it. To be honest, I didn't buy this for the single player. :heh:

Just got this in from Play.com. From what I played of the single player mode, I wasn't too impressed... Whilst the graphics are indeed spiffing, I felt like I was running in circles when the corridors and rooms seemed to keep repeating themselves. The controls and the overall feel of it are solid, but it seems to be lacking in atmosphere. It feels kind of hollow. I haven't tried the multiplayer yet, though I am looking forward to it. To be honest, I didn't buy this for the single player. :heh:

I'm not very impressed with the single-player so far! Reminds me of that Double Agent Bond game for some reason...and the graphics don't look anything like the earlier videos i saw...very very jaggy (i'm not a graphics whore by the way)...Still it controls well and multiplayer will most probably be very good.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!