Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emasher, I thought Retros game unveil turned out to be a hoax?

I'm not talking about the Twitter thing.

They said after Metroid Prime Trilogy was revealed that they had something else in the works that they were going to show soon. (when asked if MPT was the only thing they were working on).

---------------------------------

On topic:

I was watching a trailer for The Conduit today in a computer course. A chav (big 360 fanboy) came up behind me and asked what system the game was for. When I said it was for the Wii he said something like "Holy Crap, that actually looks good".

Perhaps a good sign?

It's a weird one. I think this game could do insanely well... If Call of Duty did over a million surely this can do even better than that? Surely. I think the online mode and wiispeak support will really push this forward.

Seems like most of us are getting it on here, surely that's a sign! As long as they advertise the game well could be a huge title.

It's a weird one. I think this game could do insanely well... If Call of Duty did over a million surely this can do even better than that? Surely. I think the online mode and wiispeak support will really push this forward.

Seems like most of us are getting it on here, surely that's a sign! As long as they advertise the game well could be a huge title.

This is really, really down to the fans to make sure that they make themselves heard. Seriously, there really is no better time for people to now show how much they want this game. There are plenty of Nintendo fans out there, and I'm sure they'll be salivating at the sight of this.

I look forward to playing you all online.

This is really, really down to the fans to make sure that they make themselves heard. Seriously, there really is no better time for people to now show how much they want this game. There are plenty of Nintendo fans out there, and I'm sure they'll be salivating at the sight of this.

I look forward to playing you all online.

That's why I was saying Sega should pay Nintendo to put adds for it in the boxes of other Nintendo games.

That's why I was saying Sega should pay Nintendo to put adds for it in the boxes of other Nintendo games.

That's one way to do it, I guess. I think one thing that Sega and Nintendo need to do is just emphasise how much this really is aimed at the "core/hardcore" gamer. Whether that's putting adverts in game boxes, putting adverts in videogame publications, or replaced the banner for every website to kingdom come with an advert for this.

It's going to sound quite stereotypical of gamers, but this really is one of those games where you need to show adverts with tons of explosions, aimed directly at the male gamer. It needs to be advertised as the next big shooter to hit a Nintendo console. For many of us, it is exactly that. The main question is whether or not this game can "secure" those sales.

For N-Europe and other Nintendo focused websites, there needs to be hype and anticipation drummed up on both the forums and the websites. Links to where you can buy this game from, countdown timers, previews, articles focused around this. If gamers feel like they're going to miss out by not picking this up, they'll buy it in a heartbeat.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Well, if this gets advertised it should do over a million afterall, COD WAW did over a million and that had zero advertising and better versions on the PC, 360 and PS3!

I do think the Call of Duty brand probably did most of the selling, to be honest.

I do think the Call of Duty brand probably did most of the selling, to be honest.

That's pretty much it. It'll be harder for The Conduit as it's a completely new game, there's no brand for people to associate with, except for the fact that it's on the Wii.

Also, yeah, marketing will help. However, it's not that simple. There's marketing, and there's marketing correctly. You can have numerous ads in gaming publications, but unless it's done right, it may as well be filler.

That's pretty much it. It'll be harder for The Conduit as it's a completely new game, there's no brand for people to associate with, except for the fact that it's on the Wii.

Also, yeah, marketing will help. However, it's not that simple. There's marketing, and there's marketing correctly. You can have numerous ads in gaming publications, but unless it's done right, it may as well be filler.

One the one hand, it will obviously be a challenge to sell a new IP, that's why I feel the Call of Duty and Red Steel comparisons should be dismissed. On the other, that certainly doesn't mean it can't be successful. The key is, as you say, effective marketing. We've seen several 'core' franchises developing from scratch this generation on other consoles after large publicity pushes. Enough core gamers own Wii's; now it's Sega's responsibility to broadcast the message to them.

QFT.

I've been playing Perfect Dark 64 a lot recently to get ready for this. The weapons seem very similar. Some locales are similar too.

It sure does still hold up brilliantly in this day and age doesn't it? The customization options in multiplayer... Awesome... The awards system and user stats... Awesome...

Still bummed over the fact that Rare took those rights with them (although PDZ was nowhere near as sweet as the original).

I want to know what the average % is in terms of the sales a game makes from people looking at the boxart. If it was the sole factor I don't think The Conduit would sell that much, it's not necessarily bad but we've all said that it isn't an indicator of what the game is about.

I know I sometimes go into a shop, look at a game and dismiss it from the cover. I would have to see the back of the Conduit's box to consider an impulse purchase.

Can someone tell me what this is about? Only know of it because it was mentioned in the Mario Kart Online thread. Something about killing the MK online league.

The next 'big' online game on the Wii after Mario Kart and Animal Crossing.

Also, just a small suggestion but shouldn't the thread title be changed from 'Opinions inside' to "Out June 26th - buy this game" or something?

Bad news everyone. Sega UK have announced that the EU release has been delayed, like the Australian one, until the 10th of July. Localisation issues have been cited. However, the US release is still going ahead as planned next week.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=217738

Sucks as I was looking forward to playing it next week but then I guess it now means I can focus on Another Code R instead of it sitting gathering dust while this gets a full run through.

Edited by Ganepark32

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!