Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the_conduit_a-11.jpg

At first I was surprised that you use the ASE in multiplayer but then I just wanted to know what the hell is happening.

Things to be noticed on those screens.

- Several different models you can use.

- There seems to be more than 4 players.

The light effects given off by the uncoventional weaponary are going to look wierd in pictures. Hopefully they'll be pretty impressive in motion.

Are we just getting details tomorrow or will we get a demonstration of the multiplayer in action, showing what features are present e.t.c??

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14248157/the-conduit/videos/conduit_mp_trl_041409.html

Looks like its only 12 player. And for normal DM at least there are only 7 stages (although, thats not actually that bad).

The official site is up now too: http://www.conduitgame.com/

You can add friends in the lobby

Everything is voted for

Stage, Rules, Weapon sets

Weapons are divided into sets, every match only has one set. Sets have about 5 weapons without counting grenades.

Graphics are slightly downgraded but they still look decent.

Higher quality version on GT: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/48033.html?type=mov

Lots of explosions it looks like.

Edited by Emasher

And for normal DM at least there are only 7 stages

Well, that's the part I'm not sure about. Has only 7 been officially confirmed? Because in the multiplayer trailer there are 7 visible maps to select from, but in the bottom left corner it says "Medium (6-10 Players)". Perhaps there are other maps for 10-12 players or 2-6 players? That would be great if there was, because anyone who owns a game like TF2 will know how boring it is playing in a map like Badwater with 4 people.

^ yeh I think overall, there'll be more maps just segregated into small, medium and large and they appear depending on the player settings you put in. 12 players isn't bad. Would have been nice to get 16 but obviously they've felt that they'd have to sacrifice the graphics quite a lot to get it running so I can live with 12. Looked great in the GT trailer. Can't wait to try it out myself. ANd yes, lots of explosions! :D

Uhm. Dropping to twelve has more to do with ping than with graphics. So my guessing is Nintendo's online sux (demonstrated by the network failing at the Sega event). But I'm not bothered, 6v6 is good enough for me.

Still looks just as good imho.

- WiiSpeak supported, but you’ll only hear the players that are actually standing close to you in the game

- at peak WiiSpeak saturation, you’ll hear the 6 closest players

This whole WiiSpeak thing is just annoying. First Excitebots doesn't even use the thing and then we get some saturated support for this!

Yeah, instead of maxing it out to the six closest people, why not just set it so you can only hear your five team mates? Makes much more sense to me; I don't really like listening to the enemy.

But what's been shown so far has been pretty good. I should have had money on the 12 player thing, though...

Every FPS needs a good solid standard rifle that will be the most effiecient kill-wise if you used it every game, with the other weapons being good in other situations, but I don't see that gun.

There's the SCAR and MP5KA4. They seem to be the ones that they've aimed to fit that bill.

Is there a video of those? Is one of them the orange ball thing?

These?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mlr71NnUIc

I think what the single player will suffer from is the repetition of the same enemies that just run towards you. The couple of variations aren't really enough.

And whoevers idea to make black holes you have to destroy to stop enemies spawning from them needs to be shot themselves.

Edited by dwarf

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!