Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

resident-evil-4-20050103002224762_640w.jpg

Whilst Resi 4 doesn't look as good in screens, just remember how pretty it was! It has SO much more detail and life!

Oh yes it does:

re4cube14qi2.jpg

re4cube13wt7.jpg

re4cube11tx1.jpg

re4cube04qh3.jpg

re4cube08kb9.jpg

re4cube09yi3.jpg

All a matter of knowing where to look and avoiding jpeg's with too much compresssion and the like. The game can look awesome in stills, and without being bullshots

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes it does:

All a matter of knowing where to look and avoiding jpeg's with too much compresssion and the like. The game can look awesome in stills, and without being bullshots

Whilst it looks impressive in any screen, it still looks WAY better in motion!

Oh dear, this just has to be read:

(from GoNintendo's preview)

I’ll end with a little bit of conversation that came up in our elevator ride down to the hotel lobby. We got into talking about publishers, and while High Voltage wouldn’t give me a name, they had a truly horrible story to tell. One publisher they approached outright told them that they didn’t understand why High Voltage was making the game. They thought the project was great, but had no idea who they were trying to sell to. After saying that, the publishers said that they wanted to turn the game into a $20 project, and crap it out for a holiday release. Yes, the publisher really said “crap it outâ€. Seriously, how disheartening is that?

Ouch. I've not really looked at this game till tapedeck showed me footage of it last night. Looked fantastic, now i'm looking forward to the game. Then I heard it was online which was great, then trying to voice chat which was even better. Looks fantastic and puts 97% of Wii games to shame. It's looking good.

And that is really sad to read that. I can't believe 3rd parties are really focusing on making cheap games. I really hope these guys get a publisher.

Haha, yea Fish, they deserve a hug right now.

It can't be Ubisoft, afterall they tried and are trying to do something similar with the Red Steel games. Although they are failing at it cause they're crap, but I don't see Ubisoft saying "who are you trying to sell to?", it would be the same asking them that question about Red Steel. Red Steel failed, but its original intention wasn't to be a mini-party-game.

It really does look awesome!!

One publisher they approached outright told them that they didn’t understand why High Voltage was making the game. They thought the project was great, but had no idea who they were trying to sell to. After saying that, the publishers said that they wanted to turn the game into a $20 project,
No idea who they are trying to sell to!!

How about us forgotten about core gamers who don't want to buy endless crappy ports and minigame shit!!

That publisher probably only produces nothing but that kind of crap on Wii and thus doesn't even realise the console has another market!

Those are probably just the words of one embarrassed publisher for not producing anything even remotely as good! Quite frankly the mojority of third party's should be ashamed!

High Voltage will be fine; if you read their interview at the top of this page:

"We are taking it real slow. We aren't in any rush. This is something I probably could have been a bit more clear about before; we have our own funding to completion. We know we want a publisher, but we want it to be the right fit for the publisher, High Voltage, the game, and the fans that have so vocally supported us."

They know they have a market for the game because they are constantly stating how pleased and proud they are to have got such support for this from fans!

They'll take their time and go with the right publisher. Please step up EA!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!