N-Europe

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im wondering what ONM will give it, just because I recall them scoring Wii Play 91% :P

They gave it 76%, you may need to squirt to see the summary below as I ripped this from someone else's scan and I am too lazy to retype it :p.

snapshot20090710145132.tif

I will probably end up giving this a rental as I don't see this being a justifiable purchase, what with the brevity of the single player and online is likely to be over-rated and full of hackers in no time.

@ yesteryeargames - I believe the crossed out microphone symbol means you've joined an already started match and as a result, you'll have to wait until the next one to be able to use Wii Speak. Unless you leave that group of people.

Anyway, purchased this over an hour ago and have given it a go and it's all a bit meh at the moment. Meh for single player, meh for multiplayer. People may say that the Wii is perfect for shooters, and in a way I agree, but not for online shooters. To be fair though, I've not done badly online. Done quite well actually managing to get a massacre but the Wii's controls, in my opinion, don't suit the quick nature of online gaming in the FPS genre. Perhaps I just need to get used to them and mess around more but I've got a decent enough setup that allows for quick turning and aiming but at the moment, I just prefer the comfort of a traditional pad.

@ yesteryeargames - I believe the crossed out microphone symbol means you've joined an already started match and as a result, you'll have to wait until the next one to be able to use Wii Speak. Unless you leave that group of people.

I think that shows up in public matches all the time as you can't use Wii Speak in them.

Never ordering from Zavvi again! Just got an email from them today notifying me its been despatched.

Delivery will normally take between 3 to 5 working days, but can sometimes take a little longer due to postal delays. Please allow 10 full working days before notifying us of any delays in arrival.

3 to 5 days!!!

Guest Captain Falcon
That's a bit of a strange thing to say, in my opinion. 70% is a good score. It's positive. Hell, if every straight-to-dvd action flick scored over 70%, then...we would be living in a utopia for action films.

If the game is average, then really you should be rating it at 50%. It reminds me of a recent post in the Rast the last film you saw thread where somebody mentioned that the film was "ok" but rated it 80%!

That depends on what the score is a measurement of and what average you are referring to.

Anyway, purchased this over an hour ago and have given it a go and it's all a bit meh at the moment. Meh for single player, meh for multiplayer. People may say that the Wii is perfect for shooters, and in a way I agree, but not for online shooters.

'Meh' - that's how I'm finding it too. Single player feels very dated and isn't very good and it looks like I may finish it later on allready! I did purchase it for the online modes mainly though, but having spent many hours with the Wii version of Call of Duty World at War and Medal of Honor Heroes 2, I don't think I'll be spending much more than a weekend with this. I just haven't fallen in love with the online here, as much as I did with the other two, and don't get mcuh enjoyment playing it. Heck, Water Warfare is better! Maybe it's because I'm used to a WW2 setting though. We'll see if things get better, (and I hope they do!) but at the moment, it's disappointing.

Edited by welsh_gamer

Some of the comments so far aren't very promising.

Doesn't sound like this will be the "Mario Kart League killer" we all thought it would be.

At least if I don't like it when I finally get it, i'll most likely make a profit on the £18 I've spent on it.

At least if I don't like it when I finally get it, i'll most likely make a profit on the £18 I've spent on it.

...and use that to buy World at War :awesome:

I don't understand why a lot of people who craved an online FPS on the Wii passed up on that game.

I'm really enjoying the gunplay and controls although the graphics are slightly rough at the start but improve later on in the Campaign.

The level and art design could be better but the level design especially improves later on in the campaign enough to be enjoyable and not so repetitive.

Edited by The-Ironflame

I've spent some more time with this online and to be honest, it's not bad but it's just not captivating me in anyway. The maps aren't helping though. Personally, I think they're pretty poorly designed especially given the way in which you control the game. It's supposed to be fast and frantic but with enclosed areas, you don't get that. The only place I've seen that really brings some open area battling is on Street and even there it's not what I'm used to. Maybe I'm just spoilt on online titles on the 360 but I don't think that has anything to do with my not really taking to this. Oh well, I'll keep at it.

Anyone else managed to get Wii Speak to work? Mine won't go on when I go online. The light just will not go on. I tested it on the Wii Speak channel and it came on and worked but on this, just won't go on and I've checked the settings to make sure it's allowed and it is. So really don't know what's happening there.

Just played through he 1st 3 levels, enjoying it so far, but would prolly enjoy it more if I wasn't so knackered from work. Still tweaking the control set-up trying to find that "just the right" spot.... what settings have ye found work best for ye?

Not tried online yet... bought a Wii Speak aswell for it, haha, prolly won't get to try till sunday though as going away for the weekend

Anyone else managed to get Wii Speak to work? Mine won't go on when I go online. The light just will not go on. I tested it on the Wii Speak channel and it came on and worked but on this, just won't go on and I've checked the settings to make sure it's allowed and it is. So really don't know what's happening there.

There were registered friends in the match, right?

A few of us had it going earlier, it wasn't really working at the start, but I think that may have been because I was using surround sound, when I turned that off it worked fine.

Well I'm loving the game, I set it to the hardest difficulty and I've piled right into it! It's a lot better than some people had made it out to be.

Can't wait to get this online, the controls are simply perfect!

That depends on what the score is a measurement of and what average you are referring to.

Yeah, it definitely depends on a lot of things.

But, surely if you're saying that something is "average" or "not bad but not bad" you're looking at the middle marks. The maximum a game can get is 100% or 10/10, and the minimum I guess it can get is 0% and 0/10. Although, I don't think I've ever seen a game get 0 or 1 out of 10, or the equivalent.

Middle of the road seems to me like it should be 5/10, or 50%. Half marks. Maybe that's me taking it too literally, but I always see things like a scale, and on the one side you have perfect, on the otherside you have craaaaaap, and in the middle you have "not bad, but not good."

It just gets to me a little when I see people describe 6 or 7 (or even 8) out of 10 as some sort of middle ground. A 7 out of a 10 is quite a positive score I think. Although, I do agree with other posts which have said that you need to look at the review text as well as the score. I try to shy away from using scores, because it's not really an accurate representation of the game.

Anyway, hope you're enjoying the game, people. Wish I could afford it right now. :(

Online MP feels kinda slow and unpolished, the framerate dips alot and the maps feel rather bland but I'm tired so I might have a better opinion tommorow.

The weapons in MP could do with a bit more 'oomph' it feels like my weapons aren't doing much damage.

Edited by The-Ironflame

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!