Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Have I got news for you?

dwarf

New series starting tomorrow, 1/9.

Best panel show ever, Paul Merton is comic, Hislop is quality, and the special guests re usually good so yeah, bring it.

Jack Dee is the host on Friday so I'm looking forward to that, he's a good guy.

Gotta love people taking the mick at the news haven't you?

:awesome:

New series starting tomorrow, 1/9.

Best panel show ever, Paul Merton is comic, Hislop is quality, and the special guests re usually good so yeah, bring it.

Jack Dee is the host on Friday so I'm looking forward to that, he's a good guy.

Gotta love people taking the mick at the news haven't you?

:awesome:

The last series as well after 12 years. :sad:

The BBC have signed up for the show to run until at least its 38th series; given that two series are broadcast every year, this would bring it to the end of 2009.[1] Series 35 is to start on 18 April 2008.[2]

EDIT: Beaten, also this would be its 18th year.

3 more series, and who's to say there might not be more on other channels?

Isn't too bad.

Anyway, I just find that the show has so many clever jokes it's unbelievable. Part of it is scripted (the host) but I read in a Jeremy Clarkson article that most of the panelists think on the spot.

Pure genius.

Anyway, I just find that the show has so many clever jokes it's unbelievable. Part of it is scripted (the host) but I read in a Jeremy Clarkson article that most of the panelists think on the spot.

Pure genius.

Of course, that's why it's such a cheap format. You just hire a couple of writers for the auto cue stuff and let the banter take it's own course.

My most memorable moment

My favourite show on the BBC is back! Woo! Tried to get tickets to attend the recording of the new series last month, but I failed to get any. They film 90 minutes of footage but only broadcast 30, or 40 if you watch the "extra" Saturday night repeat. Give us the full show!

What sucks about Mock the Week is that the regular panelists hardly ever give the guests a chance to say anything, thus the show seem's like a competition between the comedians to tell the most jokes, instead of them just having a fun time. Ego's are defintley noticable here too. HIGNFY always has a great balance and everyone seem's to get on and respect one another greatly.

Grrrr! Just noticed that BBC Wales ain't showing HIGNFY till 9:30. 30 minute extra wait for me, but at least I won't see any footage of My Family :heh:

What sucks about Mock the Week is that the regular panelists hardly ever give the guests a chance to say anything, thus the show seem's like a competition between the comedians to tell the most jokes, instead of them just having a fun time.

Yeah, Dara loves bumming Hugh and Frankie, regardless who else is there.

It even pisses on the idea of a quiz where one round is just Frankie and Hugh from the same team 'doing' one round which is just those two, with Dara giving "points to everyone!". But I'll be damned if I don't find it funnier than News.