N-Europe

Rock Band

dan-likes-trees

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'll definitely get Rock Band 2 sometime rather than Guitar Hero. Better track list and DLC win it for me.

But I was wondering, seeing as both sets of instuments are compatible, which instruments to get? GH or RB instruments? Decisions decisions....

I'm not willing to put money on it but the UK/European versions for Rock Band 2 on the 360 have already been sent to the respective classification boards. The BBFC already have a copy and are in the middle of classifying it now. So I wouldn't put it passed them to bring it out near enough to Guitar Hero World Tour's release date if not just before it.

They'd be mental to miss christmas. But yeah, they will miss it I'd imagine. Purely on the shambles of the UK release date for RB1. They'd have done better releasing the RB1 tracks as downloadable content and having it alongside RB2.

Think I'll get GH4 too (for the music creator gen) and then RB2 will probably appear when GH4 is starting to tire. Whoop!

How is it inferior? I thought it has exactly the same but with added Mii mode?

No line 6 technology in the Wii music creation tool.

Instruments not compatible with Rock Band

Graphically inferior.

DLC is still a bit of a mystery on the Wii (we know it uses SD card but nothing else).

Sorry, I mean on the 360. As in, will Rock Band 2 be playable with Rock Band 1 drums? Same with GH4, although iirc that has 5 pads on the drumkit, so it probably isn't.

I should hope that the RB1 equipment work with the second. I think they do but if they didn't...jeez.

As for GH...dunno.

No line 6 technology in the Wii music creation tool.

Instruments not compatible with Rock Band

Graphically inferior.

DLC is still a bit of a mystery on the Wii (we know it uses SD card but nothing else).

Whats line 6 tech?

The thing is, I'll have to buy Guitar Hero Instruments anyway because the drums are different.

Grpahics I couldn't give 2 shits about and I have faith in ye olde DLC :)

I just prefer my Wii, easier to take round to friends houses which I do a lot etc.

all instruments are now cross compatible after Microsoft and Sony stepped in to stop the bitching between the two companies :)

RB1 drums work with GH:WT the game will just play as if there are only 4 targets to hit instead of the 5 on the GH drums

Is it worth trading in my GH3 for Wii for a Rock Band Guitar and copy of Rock Band for PS3? space issues means until me and the missus move house a drum set is well out of the question, but love the DLC on rock band and think my girlfriend would secretly love singing with the microphone (any USB mic works right?)

Is it worth trading in my GH3 for Wii for a Rock Band Guitar and copy of Rock Band for PS3? space issues means until me and the missus move house a drum set is well out of the question, but love the DLC on rock band and think my girlfriend would secretly love singing with the microphone (any USB mic works right?)

This what I'm thinking about too, but then GH4 is out soon which looks even better than RB. But by then GH3 will be worth pennies so it's a tough decision...